Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2009, 12:59   #721
BHPian

Thanks Nav, Will check on the Koni's whether they are with or without the springs. I am looking at a 23k Remus as the Euros has gone up so the one which was for 19k is now at 23k (dual pipe as Original but round instead of egg shape which will fit in the same place), I am not doing it from the header, I am just planning to change the exhaust pipe only as there is no point in doing it all the way it doesnt work (not VFM) as per some feedbacks that I have got.

ImmotalZ, The Hid with 4300k will not make people blind the way you have other HID kits with 6k,8k etc etc, they are the ones which are just powerful with no use, I have seen 4300k on a Accord and trust me it is hardly white in color more like a yellow, as there is no other option of increasing the wattage of the low beam and no manufacture who is making high wattage bulbs plus there is a danger of burning the inside cupplers of the headlight.

I am sure the ones that you are mentioning regarding the suspension are good, but how to ride a Si and check. The other hurdle is to order them, It will be hell of a job. Atleast koni's are tried and tested and people have been using it here. they talk good things about it. I need to sort my bottoming down mate and yes i do get benefits of installing it like better cornering etc.

People tell me there is not a huge compromise with the stock rims, I have to do this b'cos are Honda India has not tested the car properly before launching it in India, I should send them the bill, they with collar up admit that this is a blunder (irrespective of the fact that people have spent their hard earned money), anyways.

Regarding the Remus yes it is expensive, was thinking of Mugen earlier but that is out of my range.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 10th August 2009 at 14:29.
Old 10th August 2009, 14:18   #722
Senior - BHPian

Well the catback worked for me.I'm not talking about the full exhaust from the header.its after the header that is.and it definitely works with my car.i have done back to back runs with the stock exhaust and the full aftermarket exhaust and the push is definitely there.= in the aftermarket one.My exhaust is not even a remus.its a custom made one by afzal.and its really good.its very silent and at the same time free flowing.
Old 10th August 2009, 15:29   #723
BHPian

How much did it cost, can you pm and also the number for him, but u said it gives a emission clearance problem, I am sure there is a difference but whether the difference enough for making so much of efforts and disturbing the original set-up, i dont know myself. though it is no rocket science but would prefer to have the original setup, only the exhaust is okay as it is more safer. Suspension have to do it as there is no other choice.
Old 10th August 2009, 16:57   #724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
ImmotalZ, The Hid with 4300k will not make people blind the way you have other HID kits with 6k,8k etc etc, they are the ones which are just powerful with no use, I have seen 4300k on a Accord and trust me it is hardly white in color more like a yellow, as there is no other option of increasing the wattage of the low beam and no manufacture who is making high wattage bulbs plus there is a danger of burning the inside cupplers of the headlight.
It's not the color temperature that blinds other people. It's the fact that your reflectors designed for halogen lamps cannot focus HIDs. The light pattern from an HID is completely different than an halogen bulb. The reflector is designed around light from a cylindrical source (the filament) at a particular distance from the base of the lamp. HIDs are a point light source and the point of origin is different from a halogen bulb. Basically, the reflector doesn't work. Instead of blue light blinding people, a slightly yellow light will.

Quote:
I am sure the ones that you are mentioning regarding the suspension are good, but how to ride a Si and check. The other hurdle is to order them, It will be hell of a job. Atleast koni's are tried and tested and people have been using it here. they talk good things about it. I need to sort my bottoming down mate and yes i do get benefits of installing it like better cornering etc.
All our cars are guinea pigs in India. There is no widespread usage of tuning products, so we miss out on better stuff simply because we're loathe to try an untested product on our cars.
Old 10th August 2009, 17:27   #725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
hey thanks for the link Immortalz.its got nice stuff.especially the suspension.very tempting price.but which one can be fitted on our cars? the normal ones or the SI one?
2008 Si Sedan ones are confirmed to fit.
Old 10th August 2009, 18:04   #726
BHPian

thanks for the insight on how the lights work and the design, I know 2 wrong dont make one right, people are mercyless on the highway though I dont wanna be the same, but my problem is to increase the power and I dont have an option. Most of the cars on the highway, buses, trucks etc are with 100++ watt bulbs of yellow halogen, they are so on your face that you are literally blind and driving on the faith that you will cross them safely if there is no car or truck or something parked on the side or driving without a tail light.

Civic on top of it is low seating, so a low beam of a santro is also on your face and you are blind. Do you have any suggestion how to increase the power or else 4300k only looks like a option to me at this time. I am not sure of that even if it is effective while lights from opposite direction are on your face, the 6k and above definitely doesnt is why I came back to yellow bulbs.

Cheers

Last edited by The Saint : 10th August 2009 at 18:07.
Old 10th August 2009, 18:20   #727
Senior - BHPian

Oh, I know how bad it is on our roads. I'm not trying to be a saint. I'm just telling you that these bulbs won't give you better visibility. If you have someone coming from the US, get your headlamps retrofitted with projectors. It will cost a bomb, but if you want to know where to get it done, PM me.

Smokin on this forum also does projector retrofits, but I don't know if he works on Civic lamps. 4x 55w Bixenon projectors will give you incredible amounts of light and a flick of high beam will make anyone switch theirs down. Or two low beam projectors with 100w lamps in the high beams. Costly, but ultimately effective.
Old 10th August 2009, 20:26   #728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How much did it cost, can you pm and also the number for him, but u said it gives a emission clearance problem, I am sure there is a difference but whether the difference enough for making so much of efforts and disturbing the original set-up, i dont know myself. though it is no rocket science but would prefer to have the original setup, only the exhaust is okay as it is more safer. Suspension have to do it as there is no other choice.

The exhaust with the header gave me a problem of the emissions test.Right now i'm using the stock header with the rest of the pipe as aftermarket.right from under the engine to the end can.and it has cleared the emissions easily.

Why don't you ask Vikram18 or a couple of viper's friends in mumbai to give you a TD of their civics with full exhausts.
Old 10th August 2009, 20:34   #729
Senior - BHPian

isn't anybody thinking of putting the headlamps from the US version? I really liked the US ones better. I tried to get a set from US but excess baggage discouraged me.
Attached Thumbnails
Modded Honda Civics-photo.jpg  

Old 10th August 2009, 21:52   #730
Senior - BHPian

That will require a different front end. New bumper, grill and possibly fenders. The lamps will fit just fine - the mounts are the same as our lamps.

It's quite funny - the US Civic dudes DIE for the JDM Civic. Here we preen over theirs.

@Saint : How is emissions a problem? How many emissions testing centers actually test emissions in our country?
Old 11th August 2009, 21:36   #731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
That will require a different front end. New bumper, grill and possibly fenders. The lamps will fit just fine - the mounts are the same as our lamps.

It's quite funny - the US Civic dudes DIE for the JDM Civic. Here we preen over theirs.
change , my friend, is what drives it. we see the JDM version all the time and the US look will be a sudden change. vice versa back there. I remember selling quite a lot of Integra JDM kits in US.
Old 12th August 2009, 11:26   #732
Senior - BHPian

Talking about Retro Fit projectors, One of my friends and also a member on this forum pranav7, Recently completed two retro fit projects.

1. He used an Aftermarket angel Eye and then Fitted a Laura Projector into it, The light throw improved by a big big margin, The Projector cut-off was very sharp and nice

2. He retro fitted a CR-V Projector Maybe and covered it using a Bezel, The final product finish was Amazing and completely Stock. Here are some pictures attached. And he is selling both of those lamps if somebody is interested.

Team-BHP Classifieds - Civic Angel eyes 4 months used retrofitted with laura projectors - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

Team-BHP Classifieds - Civic Custom OEM style projector Headlight - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds
Attached Thumbnails
Modded Honda Civics-dsc08234.jpg  

Modded Honda Civics-dsc08237.jpg  

Modded Honda Civics-dsc08239.jpg  

Modded Honda Civics-dsc07682.jpg  

Modded Honda Civics-dsc07679.jpg  

Modded Honda Civics-bbbbbml1.jpg  

Old 12th August 2009, 11:31   #733
Senior - BHPian

He is one Crazy DIY Person, He also Fitted steering remote controls. SOme pics of that. The Civic OE Has a facility for this, But he had to disconnect the Rear Armrest Remote for the steering ones to functions, since there is only one jack.
Attached Thumbnails
Modded Honda Civics-r14.jpg  

Modded Honda Civics-photo.jpg  

Modded Honda Civics-dsc06559.jpg  

Modded Honda Civics-dsc06561.jpg  

Modded Honda Civics-dsc06562.jpg  

Modded Honda Civics-dsc06563.jpg  

Old 12th August 2009, 12:21   #734
Senior - BHPian

I've been thinking about doing the steering remote DYI. I was wondering if the wire spool in the center had the leads for the controls because our Civics never came with provision for these controls. Now I know it does.

Those cruise control buttons don't do anything do they? I know that our meter console has the lights for it. Just shine a torch at the left of the tacho and you'll see all the lights.

Time to order the controls then.

You can just wire the armrest controls and the steering controls in parallel.

As for the projector retrofit, I want to do one with S2000 projectors - they are the best low beam projectors in the world.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 12th August 2009 at 12:23.
Old 12th August 2009, 23:09   #735
Senior - BHPian

So Mr. MJ when are bring the cat out of the bag about your latesht addition to the car.we want daylight pics as well as a very clear video.not the mobile phone one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks