Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2009, 15:08   #736
BHPian

I have installed 4300k P4, very much satisfied with the light quality, thank you all for helping me make the right decision.

Next is Remus and finally it will be Koni's

Cheers
Old 14th August 2009, 20:01   #737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
I have installed 4300k P4, very much satisfied with the light quality, thank you all for helping me make the right decision.

Next is Remus and finally it will be Koni's

Cheers
OT but I gotta ask, what happens if you chuck the cat converter and directly connect the exhaust from manifold till a remus exhaust can? does it affect the engine in anyway?
Old 15th August 2009, 00:27   #738
Senior - BHPian

The engine will breathe easier. That's what the Race header does. No need for a manifold, so it's just a straight pipe from the engine.
Old 17th August 2009, 12:15   #739
BHPian

After having a long chat with a dear friend I am dropping the idea of Remus, he suggests ECU remap, has anyone done it on the autmatic civic, what is the response, gain in power, mileage impact, etc, please share at the earliest all good and side effects of doing so.

Friend suggests ECU remap is better to spend money on rather than remus, full FFE etc.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
OT but I gotta ask, what happens if you chuck the cat converter and directly connect the exhaust from manifold till a remus exhaust can? does it affect the engine in anyway?
You can do that, no problem at all, as Immortal said engine breathes better and you will have a little sound boost and not much of power gain, it will be more psychological than actual ( i mean you will feel bcos of the sound the car is going fast), checking on ECU remap, will let you know once I have all the details.

It is safe and does not hampers the engine by any way.

Cheers

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th August 2009 at 01:31. Reason: back to back posts, use multi quote please.
Old 17th August 2009, 19:58   #740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can do that, no problem at all, as Immortal said engine breathes better and you will have a little sound boost and not much of power gain, it will be more psychological than actual ( i mean you will feel bcos of the sound the car is going fast), checking on ECU remap, will let you know once I have all the details.

It is safe and does not hampers the engine by any way.

Cheers
I'd already did that before i asked but wanted to be sure!! you know what I'm saying.
Old 17th August 2009, 21:15   #741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After having a long chat with a dear friend I am dropping the idea of Remus, he suggests ECU remap, has anyone done it on the autmatic civic, what is the response, gain in power, mileage impact, etc, please share at the earliest all good and side effects of doing so.

Friend suggests ECU remap is better to spend money on rather than remus, full FFE etc.

Thanks
You won't get much in terms of power gain from remaps on a naturally aspirated engine. The small gains don't make sense, especially when you consider the huge cost.

You're paying for the brand name when it comes to Remus end cans. Paying 30k+ for just the end can is a colossal waste of money. If it were me, I'd get a full exhaust done, custom everything. It is actually possible to do this in our country for the cost of a single branded exhaust endcan. A remap AFTER an FFE and CAI would be better as it would give better gains than a remap on a stock engine. Remaps are specific to the mods on the car, so you have to do all the bolt-ons before getting your ECU remapped.

The_Saint, I think m4ugr8 did a remap on his car. You can visit his thread for details.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 17th August 2009 at 21:16.
Old 17th August 2009, 23:26   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
You won't get much in terms of power gain from remaps on a naturally aspirated engine. The small gains don't make sense, especially when you consider the huge cost.

You're paying for the brand name when it comes to Remus end cans. Paying 30k+ for just the end can is a colossal waste of money. If it were me, I'd get a full exhaust done, custom everything. It is actually possible to do this in our country for the cost of a single branded exhaust endcan. A remap AFTER an FFE and CAI would be better as it would give better gains than a remap on a stock engine. Remaps are specific to the mods on the car, so you have to do all the bolt-ons before getting your ECU remapped.

The_Saint, I think m4ugr8 did a remap on his car. You can visit his thread for details.
Navpreet has both the full exhaust system minus the header change and ECU remapped, as per him there is not much benefit of installing the full exhaust system, he believes ECU remap is worth the spend and makes the difference, Nav pls share your experience.

Remus is costing 21500 only but i dont want sound though remus and the custom made our less noisy but still noisy enough which I dont like.
Old 18th August 2009, 00:39   #743
Senior - BHPian

According to me the REMAP is worth every penny. The increase in Low-end and overall drivability of the car is simply awesome. Infact even if you dont want to drive the car hard, In normal City traffic also, one can judge the improvement.

ECU is Mod-specific as mentioned earlier, I would advise if planning for a remap, go for a Intake and Exhaust setup also, will extract more out of the remap.
Old 18th August 2009, 13:27   #744
Senior - BHPian

Well I have my civic remapped and its used in the city.very rarely do i drive her hard.In the city in sop and go traffic its shown a new face.I upshift at 2000rpm.yes 2000 rpm.and the car lifts off from 1000 rpm in any gear.this has increased the mileage in the city and has also made the car very very drivable in the city.

To me the This remap is the best thing one can do to the civic.specifically the civic because the stock car is handicapped in the lower revs due to the i-vtec kicking in.now with the remap there is a strong surge in the engine right from 1000 rpm.just like i'd say a baleno.

So drive a remapped car before you think its a waste of money.
Old 19th August 2009, 12:54   #745
BHPian

Thank you guys for your candid feedback, now the problem is I need to send the ECU to colombo to Zakie it will take 5 days to do it, I am traveling to Delhi next thrusday, though I have time but cannot drive my car until the ECU is back in Mumbai, cutting it to fine, I guess will do it after my Delhi trip.

Regards.
Old 18th November 2009, 21:48   #746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
He is one Crazy DIY Person, He also Fitted steering remote controls. SOme pics of that. The Civic OE Has a facility for this, But he had to disconnect the Rear Armrest Remote for the steering ones to functions, since there is only one jack.
A crazy DIY indeed! I want this very desperately on my car.. @m4ugr8, have you done this on your Civic too? Any tips/leads on how to fit the audio controls on my car? BTW, thank you for your contact on the Mugen Spoiler from Performance Zone.. I had it installed now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
I've been thinking about doing the steering remote DYI. I was wondering if the wire spool in the center had the leads for the controls because our Civics never came with provision for these controls. Now I know it does.

Those cruise control buttons don't do anything do they? I know that our meter console has the lights for it. Just shine a torch at the left of the tacho and you'll see all the lights.

Time to order the controls then.

You can just wire the armrest controls and the steering controls in parallel.
What is the status of this steering remote DYI? BTW, any idea where this controls can be sourced?

PS. I read about the step by step installation of audio controls module on a US Civic LX.. think it is pretty much similar to the one we got here (JDM version) Installing Steering wheel audio controls - Page 10 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum

Last edited by iTNerd : 18th November 2009 at 21:50.
Old 18th November 2009, 22:36   #747
Senior - BHPian

Wow those are some major mod jobs being done on the civic. Where do you get the switches from ? how much do they cost ? And how does the cruise control system work? Does it work with the same chip ?
Old 20th November 2009, 22:32   #748
BHPian

Hello All,

Is there any1 who has ordered products from รวม ชุดแต่ง ประดับยนต์ Car Accessories & Car Spoiler Civic Import Export ??? If yes, how was the experience with them??? I was planning to order some from them . . . So could somebody who has ordered online through rstyleracing, give some feedback???
Old 20th November 2009, 22:36   #749
BHPian

hey cant opening and tampering with the steering wheel and inserting wires and stuff harm the airbag deployment?
Old 21st November 2009, 12:02   #750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
A crazy DIY indeed! I want this very desperately on my car.. @m4ugr8, have you done this on your Civic too? Any tips/leads on how to fit the audio controls on my car? BTW, thank you for your contact on the Mugen Spoiler from Performance Zone.. I had it installed now!

What is the status of this steering remote DYI? BTW, any idea where this controls can be sourced?

PS. I read about the step by step installation of audio controls module on a US Civic LX.. think it is pretty much similar to the one we got here (JDM version) Installing Steering wheel audio controls - Page 10 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
The process is pretty much the same as explained in the link posted above. No I have not done it on my car, Since I have an Aftermarket Head Unit installed. He sourced these controls from US only, Get the part from Honda India itself, The JAZZ and CITY use the same controls. Congrats on the spoiler, How much did you buy it for finally?? I also need one now, Since mine is completely destroyed as it came off while I was coming back from Chandigarh. Make sure to fix your spoiler correctly or else It will fall off like mine did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Wow those are some major mod jobs being done on the civic. Where do you get the switches from ? how much do they cost ? And how does the cruise control system work? Does it work with the same chip ?
His Cruise Control buttons dont work as of now. I think he has hooked up some other light function from those buttons

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakn1985 View Post
Hello All,

Is there any1 who has ordered products from รวม ชุดแต่ง ประดับยนต์ Car Accessories & Car Spoiler Civic Import Export ??? If yes, how was the experience with them??? I was planning to order some from them . . . So could somebody who has ordered online through rstyleracing, give some feedback???
I have ordered from them numerous times, Everything was smooth. Things came in perfectly packed, But in the end it works out to be expensive. I prefer planning one trip to Bangkok and picking the stuff up personally. They have loads of stuff which they dont list on their website. They recently updated their website two days ago with some products I bought from them Six months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
hey cant opening and tampering with the steering wheel and inserting wires and stuff harm the airbag deployment?
You have to careful. You can mess things up if you dont know what you are doing. His controls work like a Charm and he had no issues fitting them.

Last edited by m4ugr8 : 21st November 2009 at 12:04.

Most Viewed

Copyright ฉ2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks