Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2009, 14:10   #706
Senior - BHPian

Well i have a manual civic and the gains as per me are worth it.just try and see it.you already have a person there who can build you an exhaust and get you a TD of a car with the exhaust and the remap as well.
Old 7th August 2009, 14:17   #707
BHPian

Thanks Nav- are you by any chance driving down to Delhi end august-first week of sept? What about suspension, have you done something ?
Old 7th August 2009, 14:29   #708
Senior - BHPian

nope no program to come to delhi as of now. and nope i haven't touched the suspension.like it this way.soft.and it has never touched and speed breaker till now.
Old 7th August 2009, 14:51   #709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
m4u- I am driving down to delhi on 29th August with my baby, can you let me know your whereabouts in Delhi and if we can catch up for a while. I would love to see your baby too and suggestions for improvement on some stuff.

Btw do you have a solution for the low beam headlight so that I can install and see the highway better on my way to Delhi??
For sure. I put up in South Delhi. I will PM you my details and contact number.

You can install higher wattage bulbs or install HID though I will say avoid the second option and get higher wattage bulbs in the Low beam.
Old 7th August 2009, 16:39   #710

@ Saint - Thanks, where did you source the braces and whats the cost? There's so much stuff available on procivic.com but getting it down is an issue.

@m4ugr8 - You mentioned that you have the braces - could I please get the source?
Old 8th August 2009, 18:51   #711
BHPian

Thanks M4- have u tried 4300k P4 (is the brand), i understand it is more yellowish, they are also in audi's, bmw & skoda. It comes with a one year warranty as well, PLease advice. I just dont want to comprmise my ride while i am on a single highway where in lights are on your face, if 4300 is better the current 55 watts then i dont mind spending 9k for the kit, the problem is that it is next to impossible to get a high wattage bulb for the civic.

Shy- I have seen them on the net, the company is based in thailand. will check the pricing and let you know i think all of that stuff is around 5-6k baht.

Last edited by The Saint : 8th August 2009 at 18:59.
Old 8th August 2009, 20:04   #712
Senior - BHPian

you guys can check rstyleracing.com for all your civic needs.All the modifications etc for our indian civic is posted along with the prices in baht.

this is the place where most of the dealers in india get their stuff from in thailand.
Old 8th August 2009, 21:39   #713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyammg View Post
@m4ugr8 - You mentioned that you have the braces - could I please get the source?
Contact Viper, I sourced my Struts through him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Thanks M4- have u tried 4300k P4 (is the brand), i understand it is more yellowish, they are also in audi's, bmw & skoda. It comes with a one year warranty as well, PLease advice. I just dont want to comprmise my ride while i am on a single highway where in lights are on your face, if 4300 is better the current 55 watts then i dont mind spending 9k for the kit, the problem is that it is next to impossible to get a high wattage bulb for the civic.

Shy- I have seen them on the net, the company is based in thailand. will check the pricing and let you know i think all of that stuff is around 5-6k baht.
I have Philips 6000K Installed, 4300K is yes more yellowish and the kind of light which comes OE on Skodas/BMWs/Mercs. P4 is a known brand, You should not face any problems with it, Go ahead
Old 9th August 2009, 14:30   #714
BHPian

Nav- I have been ordering from rstyle, the pics that I have posted for struts etc is from there, they are nice.

Saw 4300k P4 Yellowish HID it is really cool and gives you better vision, though i checked it on a parked honda accord, anyone using 4300k P4, is it good on a single highway with opposite car lights coming on to you, does it work?

I have decided to go for Koni's full set-up and remus exhaust (anyone I am with stock tyres, i am doing this to remove the bottoming down issue, will it make my ride stiffer as in no comfort or there will be hardly any difference in the ride quality?)... Should do it in a weeks time..

Thanks,

Last edited by The Saint : 9th August 2009 at 14:32.
Old 9th August 2009, 15:38   #715
Senior - BHPian

Get the Koni FSD.and get Road spec aftermarket springs which are of the stock spring height.and you'll have absolutely no problems at all.get good springs though.eibach,H R ,etc.

People have reported that even if they used lowering springs they had no issues but just to be on the safer side i'd suggest using the stock height springs.
Old 9th August 2009, 16:16   #716
Senior - BHPian

Honda Factory Performance suspension is a good choice as well. This is only available for the USDM Si, but it fits perfectly fine on our JDM FD1 cars. You can order these from CollegeHillsHonda. It's stiffer than the factory suspension and you get around half an inch of height drop.

There is the TEIN SuperStreet. When setup right they are only slightly more hard than the stock suspension. However, being fully adjustable, they are also capable of being properly hard. There is also a nifty kit that allows you to attach servos to the control dials of the suspension and change everything from inside the car including presets and such. Almost like a factory adjustable suspension.

There is a Mugen-Showa suspension kit as well.
Old 9th August 2009, 17:11   #717
Senior - BHPian

hey thanks for the link Immortalz.its got nice stuff.especially the suspension.very tempting price.but which one can be fitted on our cars? the normal ones or the SI one?

Also look at the price of the wiper inserts-just 8$.and compare that to the indian OEM wiper insert price.

Last edited by navpreet318 : 9th August 2009 at 17:12.
Old 10th August 2009, 12:28   #718
BHPian

Thanks Nav- Btw is the ride compromised a lot or its hardly a difference, remember I have stock rims with 205/60/15 little different then the company stock tyres. other points noted, I will go for Koni. How is Remus and anyone knows how much does it cost today???

What about 4300k HID from P4, is it worth it and will solve my problem?

Cheers.
Old 10th August 2009, 12:43   #719
Senior - BHPian

Remus will be very expensive. HIDs in your stock headlamps won't be much of an improvement because the beam won't be focussed. And people coming from the opposite direction will be blinded.

I don't know how the ride is with Koni FSDs. All the FD Civics I've seen modified in Malaysia and Taiwan used Japanese suspension. Japanese suspension kits are traditionally known to be very hard riding. The TEIN kit I mentioned above, when tuned as soft as possible is slightly harder than the stock Si suspension. To put that into perspective, we need to know how hard the stock Si rides. FSDs are supposed to have a pliant ride as well as good handling - atleast that's what brochure says.
Old 10th August 2009, 12:46   #720
Senior - BHPian

With the stock wheels and tires you'll have hardly a difference because its the stock tires which make the ride so plush owing to the huge profile they have.Going for the koni is good but i don't think koni has springs.So you'll have to search and find a good set of springs too with either stock height or a slightly lowered ones.and don't buy racing performance springs.buy street spec springs.

the remus somes is various versions starting for 11k to 19k.and its not a bolt on.it needs to be welded.why don't you contact viper or afzal who makes these exhsusts.you can ask him to make you a cat back and provide him the remus so that he can use it in the exhaust system.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks