Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2008, 03:49   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
sweet ride......removes the tag " all show but no go" i hope...
cheers .... i hope so too.

so far it has not let me down going to start hunting for the L.S.D that should make it go even faster and put the power down better... ...

at the moment the car has to be rolling in second for a quick blast it wheelspins all the way through first only 35% throttle..hehe
but im still getting used to the car and its behaviour as its sooooooooooo different to stock so more kms needed to be fully aware of the characteristics of the engine ie.optimum shift rpm through all gears... etc
Old 18th January 2008, 04:09   #32
Senior - BHPian

Hey KS,
I am sure you are reading this thread. Please come forward and provide more details for which gemballa did not have the answers or does not know about. Also we are all eagerly waiting for the dynoed (before and after) results.
Old 18th January 2008, 05:05   #33
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...-your-car.html

How to check your install:

- The easiest way to check is by applying the throttle while in second gear and letting the engine reach 60% of the rev range. If your ECU's warning lamp does not come on, you are ready to go;
- There should be no smoke from the exhaust;
- Make sure your water temperature needle is at its usual position and does not climb rapidly;
- There should be no sudden sucking noises from the turbo. This noise means you are running a small turbo;
- Lift you foot from the accelerator and check to make sure your BOV engages; and
- Learn how to slip your clutch. It is almost mandatory for driving turbo cars.

your ECU warning light is always on , and KS said the Bangy boys know what they are talking about ; so whats the scene man- KS you there man?
Old 18th January 2008, 10:34   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemballa View Post
so far it has not let me down going to start hunting for the L.S.D that should make it go even faster and put the power down better... ...
Good luck with getting better traction using an LSD.
Old 18th January 2008, 22:14   #35
BHPian

Any news on dyno sheet for the car?
Old 22nd January 2008, 00:46   #36
BHPian

This swift is much faster now but any dyno printouts as yet ?
Old 22nd January 2008, 01:06   #37
Senior - BHPian

Its a swift, Swift all right. Had the opportunity of slipping in for a ride this evening.
Great car, runs really well and stops precisely in its tracks too.
The difference can be felt immediately after the pedal is floored and she delivers the power beautifully and fast.
Enjoy Gemballa.
Karan, Great job!
Old 22nd January 2008, 09:14   #38
Team-BHP Support

has the car been dynoed? can we see the results?
Old 22nd January 2008, 12:03   #39
BHPian

105 hp

I have dynoed the car........it makes a little over 105hp.Just to give u guys an understanding of the power.I the stock made 69hp in 8 sec.....this car made the 105 in 4.8 sec........I dont want to post the graph otherwise I will have to spend more of my time explaining the grahp to some on this forum,than make another turbo car.......And if the 105hp is still less for a few BHpains,then i will lean out the AFR to make it into the 115hp area.There is a little drop in power at a higher RPM,but then that is also mechanically related.Now people are going to ask me alot of question which i am not going to reply to.
I would first want another tuner to make a car and run it on my dyno,i will want to ask him questions,then I will reply to alll ur questions.........I would also like to see a few of the BHPian cars on the roller,but not many people from this forum really have the b***s to face the reality of HP.

Oh yes,for the mathematiclly challenged,105hp equates to 123BHP
KS Motorsport is offline   Received Infraction
Old 22nd January 2008, 12:37   #40
Senior - BHPian

That's good work Karan but sadly the attitude does not match. Why is asking questions bad?? If it is some secret you tell us I can't tell you that but for everyone's knowledge I would think answering questions which you can & are willing to answer should be a beneficial thing.

And going by your line of how many people have the gonads to face the reality, how do I know that the 105 bhp figure you quote is true?? Only way to prove it would be a Dyno map, no? To be frank, I would have posted the map here unless there is something amiss there. Dynoing a car & not putting up the map, just makes the claims look a little fishy.

No offence man, just my two cents.
Old 22nd January 2008, 12:42   #41
BHPian

I wonder why questions are not entertained on this thread.

First we see this
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemballa View Post
no man its just a pic....go speak to the guy at the garage if ur so interested in the where abouts of my pipes
And now the tuner does not want to answer any questions. IMO, I felt KS Motorsport's post to be quite rude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS Motorsport View Post
I dont want to post the graph otherwise I will have to spend more of my time explaining the grahp to some on this forum,than make another turbo car
This community is about sharing knowledge. If you don't want to answer questions, that's fine, but do share the graph with us. We'll find the answers ourselves.

Quote:
And if the 105hp is still less for a few BHpains,then i will lean out the AFR to make it into the 115hp area.
As long as Gembala is happy, that's what matters. No need to increase it to 115hp for our sake. What are you after? Higher numbers?

Quote:
There is a little drop in power at a higher RPM,but then that is also mechanically related.Now people are going to ask me alot of question which i am not going to reply to
Everything is mechanically related, but with knowledge and experience, people will be able to tell what the problem is. No, don't share this one with us, we bhp-ians may actually end up fixing this for you.

Quote:
I would also like to see a few of the BHPian cars on the roller,but not many people from this forum really have the b***s to face the reality of HP.
This statement is unwarranted.

Quote:
Really!?! Thanks. We did not know.

Last edited by S@~+#0$# : 22nd January 2008 at 12:57.
Old 22nd January 2008, 13:45   #42
Senior - BHPian

First the tuned car owner is rude and now the tuner is rude?Does attitude come free with success?

Anway had a few questions even before and even now from the knowledge point of view as i neither have a mod friendly car nor the dough to mod/maintain a modded ride but i will refrain from asking them as the attitude is just not right and google/wiki has not shut down yet.
Old 22nd January 2008, 13:50   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow, thanks for telling us this, we'd have been completely & totally lost without your guidance

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
To be frank, I would have posted the map here unless there is something amiss there. Dynoing a car & not putting up the map, just makes the claims look a little fishy.
Well said Ishan , agree with you completely on that one
Old 22nd January 2008, 14:02   #44
BHPian

The reason I said that I would not want to answer all the question is,that most of the questions would be actually be to test my knowledge or know how,rather than the problem itself.Some one tring to show that he knows more just by reading "how stuff works" etc.I will always aswer question if that are not going to be like"what is the AFR at 5500rpm with realation to boost"....stuff like that.I cant make a car,then fine tune it,spend some time doing r&d,and answer stupid question.(alot of people will agree on that part).

Its not the attitude that i have,but belive me, its the frustration that i have against people who only talk what they have read on the internet.Only 3-4 bhpians,i know u actually have some practical knowledge.

Some are sitting in some country and boast of a fast car and tunning knowledge.But most of the times,i can make out they have actually"googled" some thing and put up the posts.

If any one would want to know more about any cars that has been done by me,they are most welcome at my place.I will show them the dyno sheet and explain to them what ever they ask.But please dont expect me to type out long explaintions of the dyno sheets.

I request people to come and use the dyno to get a better understanding of their car`s power in relation to the time and RPM.

What more can I say :(
Old 22nd January 2008, 14:13   #45
BHPian

"As long as Gembala is happy, that's what matters. No need to increase it to 115hp for our sake. What are you after? Higher numbers?"

I ma not after higher numbers.I would want to car to be used everyday nad the owner of the car to be happy.But this concept some will not understand.They would say"oh 105 hp only......may if u do this or may be that,then u will get more".......Thats the reason I said,that to make people happy,i can pull out a few more HP,but thats not reliable and very unsafe.

I was going to put up the dyno sheets,but on my web site and not here.U guys can see them there next week.I will be putting up 8 different cars.......Stock and modded.I will have the list of mods also written below the graphs.

Karan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks