Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2008, 14:22   #46
Senior - BHPian

Karan,
we can understand some of your thoughts but not all.
If you think it is difficult to answer stupid questions, how do you explain the same to your customers. I am sure most of your customers would not be as knowledgeable as you in the technical and mechanical department. Rather than showing your frustration, you could simply have gone ahead and posted the graph with a note : "Request all bhpians to not post any questions or queries regarding the graph as I may not have that kind of time to do the needful. People interested in knowing more details are welcome to dyno their cars at my workshop. It would help them understand in a more better way". I am sure everyone would understand that it is difficult for the tuner to spend a hard time modding the car and then answer all questions in forums. No one is questioning your abilities as a tuner or try to teach you a thing or two about modding cars. We all very well know that the modding scene in India is not as mature as in other countries. Everyone tries to learn from the gyan available on the internet. Isnt that what internet is all about. If someone reads about an article on a modded swift elsewhere on some other site and compares it with your mod, he would surely have questions regarding the differences that he may have seen. Please understand that the person is not questioning your talent, he is simply trying to learn more.

No offense. You are a reputed tuner. Take that good reputation ahead. And if you get the time, please browse other online car forums. There are tuners who answer all dumb questions willingly. I am sure for every 10 questions posted, 8 would be answered by fellow bhpians, you could take care of the rest. That shouldn't be so hard.
There is always something to learn in life. Again no offense.
Old 22nd January 2008, 14:35   #47
BHPian

Dipen : very very very well said. me too here to learn and learn and learn.... , these questions and answers really help the novice who does'nt know the A to the Z of Modded rides....
Old 22nd January 2008, 14:43   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

From what could very well have been one of the best topics/threads of late/ever, this has decayed into a collection of rather juvenile stances. If the owner/tuner is not receptive to people who genuinely are interested in the works displayed, I dont see the point of publicizing such a work at all.
Old 22nd January 2008, 15:23   #49
Senior - BHPian

Maybe we should close this thread. I guess the tuner learnt everything by himself
Old 22nd January 2008, 15:41   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS Motorsport View Post
I was going to put up the dyno sheets,but on my web site and not here.U guys can see them there next week.I will be putting up 8 different cars.......Stock and modded.I will have the list of mods also written below the graphs.

Karan
Perfect and really appreciated, please do let us know or post a link once done.
Old 22nd January 2008, 16:48   #51
Senior - BHPian

@ K.S, this forum is all about sharing knowledge, and learning new stuff, if all the gurus here would just behave as stuck up as u are doing now, the main point is defeated. What international secret are u trying to hide?? And if u just want to put up your graphs, u have ur own site right? What are u doing here?? And regarding the so called stupid questions, there are many of us here who don't know much about turbos n stuff, but would like to learn something, not for bragging, but as they say, knowledge is wealth. U may know stuff about performance mods n all, but u go into the I.C.E or some other section of the forum, some questions that u may have may seem to be stupid to the gurus there, but they still answer them. And till date, i've never heard anyone in this forum say, "dont ask stupid questions to me!"

Anyways, its your attitude, and not my problem how u flaunt it, All i've gotta say is, uve got a good reputation going, pls dont ruin it with arrogance like this.
Anyways, i'm outta this SICK thread!! byee!
Old 22nd January 2008, 17:22   #52
Senior - BHPian

dont the mods have anything to say about what as been going on.any ways lets stop it and karan ,what has happend has happend,try to be more receptive and let a mood for discussion build up.we are not forcing you to answer any dump question,and more over you just log in when you are free,and maybe you can learn something new.
ram
Old 22nd January 2008, 19:56   #53
BANNED

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : WATCH YOUR TONE! And you better maintain a certain level of respect here, especially toward the Team-BHP Support Team. We suggest you thoroughly read the board rules again, since you obviously don't seem to recollect them when required.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd January 2008 at 09:18.
khaadu75 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 22nd January 2008, 20:55   #54
BHPian

Hey Karan, CHILL man. Everyone is just curious to know about a nice car, thats all. I don't know about you, but we (the entire of Team-BHP) are here to share our knowledge, and passion for cars. From the smallest to the largest Q.

P.S. : Who you see here is the exact same enthusiast that is the core of the market, which your business' lifeline depends on.
Old 22nd January 2008, 21:27   #55
BHPian

Quote:
I have dynoed the car........it makes a little over 105hp.Just to give u guys an understanding of the power.I the stock made 69hp in 8 sec.....this car made the 105 in 4.8 sec........
wow ..sounds good

Quote:
I dont want to post the graph otherwise I will have to spend more of my time explaining the grahp to some on this forum,than make another turbo car.......And if the 105hp is still less for a few BHpains,then i will lean out the AFR to make it into the 115hp area.There is a little drop in power at a higher RPM,but then that is also mechanically related.Now people are going to ask me alot of question which i am not going to reply to.
I would first want another tuner to make a car and run it on my dyno,i will want to ask him questions,then I will reply to alll ur questions
I dont know anything about turboes so no questions from my side atleast..

Quote:
.........I would also like to see a few of the BHPian cars on the roller,but not many people from this forum really have the b***s to face the reality of HP.
Oh yes,for the mathematiclly challenged,105hp equates to 123BHP
guys whats stopping u from using the dyno I was hoping to see lots of cars with dyno charts..was hoping to learn some interesting stuff from the guys who have modded cars..
Old 22nd January 2008, 22:23   #56
BHPian

Quote:
The reason I said that I would not want to answer all the question is,that most of the questions would be actually be to test my knowledge or know how,rather than the problem itself.Some one tring to show that he knows more just by reading "how stuff works" etc.I will always aswer question if that are not going to be like"what is the AFR at 5500rpm with realation to boost"....stuff like that.I cant make a car,then fine tune it,spend some time doing r&d,and answer stupid question.(alot of people will agree on that part).

Its not the attitude that i have,but belive me, its the frustration that i have against people who only talk what they have read on the internet.Only 3-4 bhpians,i know u actually have some practical knowledge.

Some are sitting in some country and boast of a fast car and tunning knowledge.But most of the times,i can make out they have actually"googled" some thing and put up the posts.

If any one would want to know more about any cars that has been done by me,they are most welcome at my place.I will show them the dyno sheet and explain to them what ever they ask.But please dont expect me to type out long explaintions of the dyno sheets.

I request people to come and use the dyno to get a better understanding of their car`s power in relation to the time and RPM.

What more can I say :(
wow just read all the other posts also.
Karan ..u must be really hating this forum

Last edited by chetanhanda : 22nd January 2008 at 22:25.
Old 22nd January 2008, 23:04   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some are sitting in some country and boast of a fast car and tunning knowledge.But most of the times,i can make out they have actually"googled" some thing and put up the posts.
I understand your frustration but that was totally uncalled for.

You've thrown down the gauntlet man. And there are people who are going to take it up. Believe me, the revolution is coming.
Old 23rd January 2008, 00:33   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You've thrown down the gauntlet man. And there are people who are going to take it up. Believe me, the revolution is coming.
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger!!

(I cant stand the song to this tune but the words are so apt wrt what you said)

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd January 2008 at 16:10. Reason: quoted name and quote did not match.
Old 23rd January 2008, 00:40   #59

Quote:
The reason I said that I would not want to answer all the question is,that most of the questions would be actually be to test my knowledge (
You don't want to answer all the questions cause you don't know yourself lol...

Thats why you are afraid. cause you will be exposed?
Old 23rd January 2008, 02:18   #60
BHPian

Quote:
T

I request people to come and use the dyno to get a better understanding of their car`s power in relation to the time and RPM.

What more can I say :(

I dont think you need to say DIDdLY man

like i had told you recently - buying a friend a dyno run for his B Day , that should be very satisfying . Seeing your own map yourself.

will see you soon thank you again man
take it easy

Most Viewed