Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2009, 22:36   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
apparently the car is up for sale .
Riju, I am gonna keep a close eye on this thread now and did you say you are not rich enough for a safari???
Old 15th March 2009, 01:26   #77
BHPian

@ RJ : I read thru the whole thread, looking forward to what you went with. Looks like I have to research all the upgrade options some more
Old 17th June 2009, 22:04   #78
Senior - BHPian

What are the suspension options ( performance and comfort) for baleno ?
I would appreciate it if i could get prices as well.
How much does a complete stock suspension replacement cost ?
What all parts are replaced (for both stock and aftermarket)?
Old 2nd July 2009, 18:26   #79
BHPian

Did you go through this thread? All the options are discussed in this thread!
Old 30th July 2009, 09:51   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
What about the J.Anand shock he offers for rally Esteems. Will it work for the Baleno? any pricing info?

Hi! J Anand is pretty famous in the INRC circuit but then again it costs a ton. I was looking for Konis for my Baleno and I found that the part number differs for Baleno ( Esteem/Cultus) and Esteem ( swift) , so logicaly it would be different. J.Anand for Esteem would be somewhere around 85K AFAIK.
The other day I was talking to some of the guys from Kolkata rally circuit, and they somehow said not to buy konis from India, failure rate seems to be higher than those procured from Singapore or other places
Old 30th July 2009, 10:31   #81
BHPian

Part numbers are differenet for the Baleno and swift/esteem, because the shocks are different. Konis are strut inserts and are specific to cars designed for it.

Another difference is that the Konis for Baleno are externally adjustable whereas for the Esteem its not so.

What failure rate are you talking about? Are you talking failure on the rally circuit? Thats a completely different issue.
Old 30th July 2009, 15:19   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo
Another difference is that the Konis for Baleno are externally adjustable whereas for the Esteem its not so.
The front is externally adjustable for the esteem. Its the rear that needs to be removed to adjust damping.
Its externally adjustable at all four corners on the baleno?
Old 30th July 2009, 16:52   #83
BHPian

Well the Koni listed on the catalog for the Esteem is NOT externally adjustable. Asll four for the Esteem is standard adjustable which means you have to take it out, and adjust.
this was the case for a friend who had Konis on his esteem, he had to take all four out and adjust it to get his desired setting.

Baleno front is externally adjustable while rear is standard adjustable. Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 8th September 2010, 07:55   #84
BHPian

My esteem has done nearly 80000Kms and I gave it for servicing yesterday, and it looks like the underarm, lower arm, ball joints with all the bushes have gone totally bad. I had a look at both sides in the front and it looked real bad. Along with that he was telling me that it is time to change the shocks in the front.
I was thinking what my options were if I were to replace the shocks??
Old 14th September 2011, 18:40   #85
BHPian

re: Stiffening my ride's suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_mclaren View Post
My esteem has done nearly 80000Kms and I gave it for servicing yesterday, and it looks like the underarm, lower arm, ball joints with all the bushes have gone totally bad. I had a look at both sides in the front and it looked real bad. Along with that he was telling me that it is time to change the shocks in the front.
I was thinking what my options were if I were to replace the shocks??
I changed all 4 shocks and the problem Im facing now which is quite scary too is that while accelerating and on high speeds, the car shifts to the left and right, sometimes with the steerring wheel and sometimes not. Its quite scary at high speeds and it feels like the steering lost control and the car goes haywire.

One other thing I had changed before the shocks was my steering wheel from one after-market wheel to another (MOMO fakes)

THe Maruti guys have no clue and I too had checked the alignment thrice.

THe next thing Maruti guys tells me is to check the steering column.
Guys any opinions otherwise
Old 14th September 2011, 21:00   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_mclaren View Post
I changed all 4 shocks and the problem Im facing now which is quite scary too is that while accelerating and on high speeds, the car shifts to the left and right, sometimes with the steerring wheel and sometimes not. Its quite scary at high speeds and it feels like the steering lost control and the car goes haywire.

One other thing I had changed before the shocks was my steering wheel from one after-market wheel to another (MOMO fakes)

THe Maruti guys have no clue and I too had checked the alignment thrice.

THe next thing Maruti guys tells me is to check the steering column.
Guys any opinions otherwise
The issue that you mentioned is called tramlining. This is a known issue that occurs on wide tyres that the tyres tend to follow the contour of the road. Since your suspension is new it will take some time for you to settle around with the new settings, when i had my old esteem i went through the same issue and finally it fixed itself.

Pramod
Old 15th September 2011, 14:29   #87
Senior - BHPian

where do you get all the space in kerala/tvm to do those speeds? If the roads are not level, wide tires will cause this problem.
Old 16th September 2011, 15:09   #88
BHPian

pramod, how long did it take for that to stabilize, im going insane here for the last 2 months and i just cant drive fast, i feel while overtaking, i could sideline the other guy or maybe rub his sides
Old 16th September 2011, 15:32   #89
Senior - BHPian

for me it took 10 days, but mine was a non power steering version. get the tie rod ends and the steering column checked, 2 months is a lot of time.

Pramod
Old 22nd September 2011, 16:12   #90
BHPian

I should get my steering ciumn checked, then ill get back

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks