Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2008, 21:23   #76
BHPian

sound ?

Thanks for the alloys - appreciate it.

sound from diesel engine ?
i am not so sure if the 'remus' straight back changes the sound of a diesel car ?

no idea about 'tuning it'

sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab1xlr8 View Post
love your alloywheels,plus hows the sound from the Remus exhuast and can u tune the sound
Old 29th June 2008, 23:09   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Yes, We need some review about this OTHER chip sold by 4seasons.
Would be very nice if somebody can compare it with Pete's box. We have many who have test driven a Pete'd Swift. So, it won't be hard to to do that I guess.
Even N 1 in mumbai has another version of Pete's box , american , thats all I know. Good stuff though , alot out there.
Old 29th June 2008, 23:35   #78
BHPian

ps :
1996: Establishment of DTE Systems GmbH in Recklinghausen, Germany. Europe wide expansion with bases in Italy, the Netherlands, England, Switzerland, Belgium, Turkey and Norway

PS 2 : 17 " do touch at the rear when loaded . Believe the suspension takes it though.

PS 3 : Would kill for the OZ especially the WRC Rims. Beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post
Are these the 6kg OZ alloys?
And when you are reviewing it, I also want to know if the 17 inchers foul anywhere within the wheel well. Thanks ;-).
Old 30th June 2008, 00:23   #79
Senior - BHPian

Awesome Rims Dude..
Old 28th July 2008, 20:32   #80
BHPian

nice option !

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
Even N 1 in mumbai has another version of Pete's box , american , thats all I know. Good stuff though , alot out there.
I may consider it.

The DTS Chip is 'smoking' a bit.
I took it off.

May give 'anant' a visit.
Could try his box.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Old 28th July 2008, 20:49   #81
BHPian

The prices are on another thread - link......

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
hahaha its ok if you think its not gonna be used. but you saying 25k is a little too much. hahaha. you just got in the car audio club saying this is my 5 lak car and i want a 3 lak audio system inside. its like whats the biggest do you have
Sir,

The prices have been discussed on another thread.
The link is :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-off-show-off/41342-swift-diesel-ice-steg-mb-quart-q-line-illusion-carbon-9.htmlhttp://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-off-show-off/41342-swift-diesel-ice-steg-mb-quart-q-line-illusion-carbon-9.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/912665-post132.html

I hope it helps.
Old 29th July 2008, 00:13   #82
Senior - BHPian

B - Are you using premium diesel by any chance?
Old 29th July 2008, 07:23   #83
BHPian

Turbojet

I use Turbojet - I think.

But, with the 'chip out' the 'smoking' has stopped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
B - Are you using premium diesel by any chance?
Old 29th July 2008, 07:40   #84
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAGWAN View Post
I use Turbojet - I think.

But, with the 'chip out' the 'smoking' has stopped.
I think you should try the same chip again with regular diesel. the smoke will reduce.

Old 29th July 2008, 07:53   #85
BHPian

but with the chip out the smoke has gone;
why is that ?
Old 29th July 2008, 08:58   #86
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAGWAN View Post
but with the chip out the smoke has gone;
why is that ?
the chip(all of them) play with fuelling both quantity and duration of the injection, in varying amounts. I dont know enough to explain it in any detail.
If the air fuel ratio is not optimal, exhaust smoke will go up.

I dont know how premium fuel adds to the problem, but it does. Even unmodified common rail diesel cars smoke on premium diesel.

So, In summary- you can see that I dont know much about the how or why
Its just observation. I have not found an explanation on the forum either.
I tried it on my Pete'd swift/stock accent CRDi and dad's stock verna

Old 29th July 2008, 10:11   #87
BHPian

Why the smoke??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
the chip(all of them) play with fuelling both quantity and duration of the injection, in varying amounts. I dont know enough to explain it in any detail.
If the air fuel ratio is not optimal, exhaust smoke will go up.

I dont know how premium fuel adds to the problem, but it does. Even unmodified common rail diesel cars smoke on premium diesel.

So, In summary- you can see that I dont know much about the how or why
Its just observation. I have not found an explanation on the forum either.
I tried it on my Pete'd swift/stock accent CRDi and dad's stock verna

ahem ahem
the smoke comes because the exhaust system is tuned to the OEM injection pattern.
the EGSys[exhaust gas system] comes under GSsys[GasSystem] together with ASMod[air system model] . The GasSys combines the induction system, the exhaust air system and corresponding air model. To cut the chase short , the Particulate filter service and Noxcat[ oxidation Catalyst]. etc etc are all tuned to work according to injection pattern set by OEM. simply put the Exhaust system will be controlled by ECU according to the OEM set injection pattern. that is like suppose for a Main injection of say 5ms in fifth gear or any gear, the box will inject for 6ms[ hence we get more torque from lower rpm!!] this is essentially done by slightly amplyfying the RPS[rail pressure sens]unit.hence more rail pressure is detected by original ECU and injection is PROLONGED..but not increased[ quantity say 800mg/ms is maintained]. so no trouble to engine cylinder!.
so in effect the ecu wont do any exhaust treatment for that extra 1 ms of injection. [because simply to support that there is a requirement for hardware upgrade the particulate filter must be able to treat this more exhaust due to prolonged injection] which is not possible..hehe.
so ineffect smoke happens but be warned if there is white smoke. the timing or what you call the idle settings[ this is the term the mechs know for injector pump idle setting!!] if its too much tuned to make the engine more silent then smoke comes up.
but otherwise the filter is clogged up. and yes the CRDi family of engines do smoke [ black smoke when reved hard! its normal nothing to worry] .
and coming to the why no premium diesel. well the injectors are tuned to be used with normal feul. as everyone cant put premium diesel. the CRDi engines are not tuned to handle the extra viscous property of the premium feul. the there is a feul filter which is tuned to normal feul. but this wont be able to filter the premium feul effeciently - meaning smoke!!.
but yes the older gen DI and IDI engines are better to be run with premium feul. the feul filter and injectors are designed to run with premium or normal.
its cause say for example the old accent DLS . i have one.
the Bosch or TVS - lucas pump is designed for the TUD5 diesel designed by peugeot.
and surprise the feul filter is imported from france!! so yup the feul filter and injectors are designed for that specific engine. which is capable to run in premium feuls more effeciently.
the problem in CRdi engines is that the ECU has to be given a definite algorithm to go about the exhaust treatment which is obviously done with indian normal feul in mind for INDIA! .
and then accordingly the othe rcomponents like feul filters , air filter, injector pump nand injector calibration is carried out!.
but still its ok to use premiuim feul coz [ they are supposed to be less adulterated and hence will be mild on the engine. the ground rule is that the feul quality should be optimal. and yes the CRdi engines are very sensitive to feul quality!].

but yes for guys with petes its always better to go in for a better filter too.
the stock filter has a limit in intake air. more intake air will be help-full in better complete burning of feul. hence less smoke too. but yes be carefull not to fiddle with feul filter thats asking for trouble.

and make it a point to change oil every 5000km.
and yes NO SYNTHETIC or SEMI-SYNTHETIC .
there is something known as a OCS[ OIL combination sensor]. [this sensor is going to be implemented in a demonstrator car of Mercedes benz] . its a combination of three sensors.
oil quality, level and temperature sensor.
for the cars like swift etc. the oil quality sensor is present and not the OCS[ its common ogic that sensor is dam costly!]. this will give the oil quality to the ECU and thus helps the ECU to fine tune the engine characteristics. when synthetic or semi-synthetic oil is used the sensor gives a value which is not plausible for the ECU. so what happens is ECU runs in a normal setting[ default oil quality!] . and yes the engines wont be tuned for use with synthetic or semi also. which means that. though we can feel that the engine is smooth and all. still the engine is not suited for use with that oil! and also the normal service routine gets jungled up. the oil [ sync and semi can be used continously for 10-20k kms!] in the process other service routines go for a toss unless we are carefull and keep track of the service.
and yes the OIL filter is also desinged to filter normal oil and not synthetic or semi.
i have heard of problems in CRDi due to use of higher grade oil because of mixing up of normal service routine. [ the air filter and oil filter change . feul filter too] . what happens is when a new filter is put, the theory is that there should be new oil also used. thats hwy in a normal service they flush out the old oil, put in new oil, change the oil filter and the feul filter[ this is done once in 10k or may be even 5k ] and air filter also. this is how the equation adds up! .
dont fiddle with that. and please dont think of changing synthetic oil every 5k kms ..haha.

peace out sameel
Old 29th July 2008, 10:34   #88
Team-BHP Support

wow that cleared up a lot.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 29th July 2008 at 10:35.
Old 29th July 2008, 10:57   #89
rippergeo

@ sameel- thanks for that.
was about to say PM sameel in my last post, then decided against it, thinking you'll be too busy.
it does really clear up a lot of stuff. thanks

Old 29th July 2008, 23:26   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameel View Post
ahem ahem
the smoke comes because the exhaust system is tuned to the OEM injection pattern.
the EGSys[exhaust gas system] comes under GSsys[GasSystem] together with ASMod[air system model] .

-----

this is how the equation adds up! .
dont fiddle with that. and please dont think of changing synthetic oil every 5k kms ..haha.

peace out sameel
that was a well mastered explanation!!! feels like i attended a high grade automobile class...
thanks for sharing!!!

Last edited by Jaggu : 24th December 2008 at 11:08. Reason: Please dont quote the whole post for a short reply

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks