Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2008, 12:45   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueguru View Post
Hi iceman,
The point is, to get whatever Increase low end without compromising on the high end i have now, 4g94 is more of a high end churner right. I really don't wanna lose out on the mid and high end i have right now. So for me, its gonna be feeding in cooler air right now...emmm hope it makes some difference. Will keep you guys posted soon after its done ok.
As the mid and top end in Cedia is great, a customized street spec header for low end will solve your problem. My understanding about headers is that you can either get street spec or rally spec. Low end torque will be compromised in the rally spec. So a street spec will solve the problem.
Old 26th June 2008, 12:47   #62
Senior - BHPian

The other easy option... stay on a bit longer in 1st gear before you upshift . Thats essentially what I do most of the time and when dropping down to second, give a bit of throttle before down shifting.
Old 26th June 2008, 12:55   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
As the mid and top end in Cedia is great, a customized street spec header for low end will solve your problem. My understanding about headers is that you can either get street spec or rally spec. Low end torque will be compromised in the rally spec. So a street spec will solve the problem.
Makes sense. Right now the mid n top end is even greater.
Old 26th June 2008, 14:09   #64
Senior - BHPian

How about bigger/heavier fly wheel?

OR

How about inter
cooler sought of setup to cool the air?
Can anyone comment on this?

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 26th June 2008 at 14:14.
Old 26th June 2008, 14:45   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
How about inter
The car doesn't even have a turbo to use an intercooler.
Old 26th June 2008, 15:02   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
The car doesn't even have a turbo to use an intercooler.
Of course i did not talk about putting in an intercooler, just something to cool the air.

If a car does not have a turbo, so air cooling setup doesnt pack in more amount of air?
Old 26th June 2008, 15:15   #67
BHPian

possibly better intake manifold with longer intake runners could help in initial torque a bit or larger injectors.
Old 26th June 2008, 15:32   #68
Senior - BHPian

TG, so you want better lower end torque without compromising top end
Buddy, only options..go turbo or bigger engine...dont think even psycho can do something..
what do you say psycho???
Old 26th June 2008, 15:42   #69
BHPian

If there is not much complexity try to see if you can get dual runners intake manifold for cedia, i know its difficult but what the heck in trying.

without bothering about results & for sake of experimenting i would replace the intake pipe with .25inch smaller diameter & see, for eg if my intake pipe i.e (from filter to T.B) is 2.5 inch i would try with a different combination say 2.25in & 2 inch & check for low end pickup & see which combination works best without compromising on top end.

Standalone will definitely help overall.
Old 26th June 2008, 15:44   #70
BHPian

Quote:

OR

How about inter

Turbos and superchargers compress air, which due to volume staying constant will heat the gas well above ambient temperature. An intercooler then cools the hot compressed gas via an air to air or air to water type device. Point is that were it not for the substantial heating of the air due to compression, the intercooler would not do much.

BUT, I do have a nice big air cooler that I am not using since I got my room A/C, so torqueguru is more than welcome to bolt it his Cedia roof and provide some good cooling to the intake air via some suitable ducting.
Perhaps he could report back to us on any improvements to his much sought after low end torque.

Cheers,

Gaurav
Old 26th June 2008, 16:17   #71
BHPian

Try an expansion chamber after the headers, will surely boost torque and that should translate into better low-end grunt.
Old 26th June 2008, 17:55   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

OR

How about inter
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMM340 View Post
Turbos and superchargers compress air, which due to volume staying constant will heat the gas well above ambient temperature. An intercooler then cools the hot compressed gas via an air to air or air to water type device. Point is that were it not for the substantial heating of the air due to compression, the intercooler would not do much.

BUT, I do have a nice big air cooler that I am not using since I got my room A/C, so torqueguru is more than welcome to bolt it his Cedia roof and provide some good cooling to the intake air via some suitable ducting.
Perhaps he could report back to us on any improvements to his much sought after low end torque.

Cheers,

Gaurav

good one gaurav.

Could as well comment on the big/heavy flywheel thing as well. Though it may sound funny, i read about that in a PC game (NFS Porsche Unleashed). A bigger/heavier flywheel would increase the acceleration but the top end might fall down a bit.

But please do put some light, what would happen if a bigger / heavier flywheel is installed.
Old 26th June 2008, 18:32   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Though it may sound funny, i read about that in a PC game (NFS Porsche Unleashed). A bigger/heavier flywheel would increase the acceleration but the top end might fall down a bit.

But please do put some light, what would happen if a bigger / heavier flywheel is installed.

It's the opposite that will happen. With a heavy flywheel the top end more or less remain the same but acceleration would definitely suffer. The heavy flywheel makes the cruising in top gear and top speed easier as the crank stores reserve energy and it's momentum keeps it going. Acceleration would increase with a light crank.
Old 26th June 2008, 19:03   #74
BHPian

Air cooler mounted in that engine bay! Brilliant idea, trying for nobel?
Regards,
TG.
Old 26th June 2008, 19:04   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
TG, so you want better lower end torque without compromising top end
Buddy, only options..go turbo or bigger engine...dont think even psycho can do something..
what do you say psycho???
I seriously hope you are wrong my friend! hehe.'

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks