Team-BHP - Modded Cars in Kerala
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Modded Cars in Kerala (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/45245-modded-cars-kerala-50.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by govigov (Post 2767895)
sorry, that civic belongs to the weird and wacky thread.

appalling. such an eye sore.

OK, as mentioned, this car belongs to a guy in Fort Kochi who is into the business of modding Civics and this is a demo car. That's his website mentioned in the car door. His article came up in the magazine 'Quarter mile'. But I liked certain things like those alloys.

Thank you rosh.

quarter mile magazine must be mad. Adding bits and pieces to the bumper and calling that modifying is basically what DC does, and most of their cars are horrible.

I wish him all the best for his venture.

Well that civic has a full free exhaust from red rooster for starters and of course brisk spar plugs. but the real clincher is the weight loss he has managed. carbon fiber hood, carbon fiber boot and carbon fiber spoiler. actual carbon fiber not some stick on vinyl.

That is very good indeed. Wonder how he managed to make a CF hood and boot.

he sells them. he distributes brisk sparks plugs, some weird named lowering springs "vogland" something :D and cf spoilers, hoods and bootlids.

@ Govigov,

Quarter Mile magazine isn't mad.
Like you, I'm not a fan of outlandish body kits. But there is no denying that this car sports the best performance products that are available for the Civic.

Those are actual J's Racing bumpers (google) and Type R side skirts, all imported from Singapore. The carbon fibre bonnet, boot lid save a whole load of weight. The wheels are the highly sought after Rota Grids (Rebranded in Japan). And that rear wing (often mistaken to be a spoiler) actually works.

And it is often passion that gets a car on QM. Despite rendering his car undrivable, the owner took the trouble of installing ground hugging lowering springs and some ill-fitting spacers just so that his car looks good in our photos, only to take them off that evening.

I'm not sure about the lettering used to promote the brands represented by the owner. I had politely asked him to remove those during a little conversation when our shoot was taking place. Let's see how much of it has gone through.

@rosh_aveo1.4,

Glad to see the cover here. Thanks for posting.

Well vivek.. The civic just looks kiddish to any person. It might have CF bonnet etc but its not done to taste. The original design has been totally spoiled. There are other civics in kochi which have been done with real taste with half the investment. This Civic is money gone into the drain with no positive appreciation from any one in the forum

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivekji05 (Post 2873781)
@ Govigov,

Quarter Mile magazine isn't mad.
Like you, I'm not a fan of outlandish body kits. But there is no denying that this car sports the best performance products that are available for the Civic.

Those are actual J's Racing bumpers (google) and Type R side skirts, all imported from Singapore. The carbon fibre bonnet, boot lid save a whole load of weight. The wheels are the highly sought after Rota Grids (Rebranded in Japan). And that rear wing (often mistaken to be a spoiler) actually works.

And it is often passion that gets a car on QM. Despite rendering his car undrivable, the owner took the trouble of installing ground hugging lowering springs and some ill-fitting spacers just so that his car looks good in our photos, only to take them off that evening.

I'm not sure about the lettering used to promote the brands represented by the owner. I had politely asked him to remove those during a little conversation when our shoot was taking place. Let's see how much of it has gone through.

@rosh_aveo1.4,

Glad to see the cover here. Thanks for posting.

Even I saw the same Civic @ Trivandrum, a few months back. I felt the same :-( , looks like a childs toy.

Since the owner is a dealer of many costly car gizmos he has added all those costly CF Hood and backlids. but those gizmos ruined the looks of the car. Some decals also spoiled the looks

Modding a car means not investing hell lot of money but looking beautifull with commendable perfomance.

There are a few more civics with pretty descent looks and with minimal mods.

No offence ment ! :-)

love it when people criticize others and say no offense :p

can we end this discussion over the civic? his car, his products, his money and more importantly his taste.

Are the body kit and spoiler on the civic functional ? Or is it just a car for the owner to show off his wares ? The rims , hood, tail lights and the exhaust tip look good IMO . The other mods not so much . Any other performance upgrades other than the FFE ? What about the suspension and brakes ? Sorry for too many questions at once !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimish anthony (Post 2874490)
Well vivek.. The civic just looks kiddish to any person. It might have CF bonnet etc but its not done to taste. The original design has been totally spoiled. There are other civics in kochi which have been done with real taste with half the investment. This Civic is money gone into the drain with no positive appreciation from any one in the forum

You should read my first sentence again. I didn't say I like it, did I? J's Racing Civic is quite popular in Japan. Some like it and some don't. It's best to come all polite when it comes to someone else's car, isn't it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 2874533)
Even I saw the same Civic @ Trivandrum, a few months back. I felt the same :-( , looks like a childs toy.

Since the owner is a dealer of many costly car gizmos he has added all those costly CF Hood and backlids. but those gizmos ruined the looks of the car. Some decals also spoiled the looks

Modding a car means not investing hell lot of money but looking beautifull with commendable perfomance.

There are a few more civics with pretty descent looks and with minimal mods.

No offence ment ! :-)

To you, Modding is about looking beautiful and adding more power, but that's not the case with everyone else. What is beautiful to you and I may not be beautiful to someone else (Read rat-rods, sleepers). It is hard to satisfy everyone.

We at QM, think the goal is to satisfy yourself! If the car makes you (the owner) happy, that's the end. If a Civic with subtle mods is your thing, you're in the same boat as me.

If the owner likes his Civic, so be it!

And no offence taken :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathwalkr (Post 2874618)
love it when people criticize others and say no offense :p

can we end this discussion over the civic? his car, his products, his money and more importantly his taste.

Well said, deathwalkr. But everyone is entitled to an opinion. Besides, it is great to know what everyone thinks...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimish anthony (Post 2778835)
some more pictures of the team fiat moto club

Loved the blue Punto! Looks Uber sexy! That should have been a repainted one I guess! Nice job on the corona rings too! clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by coloneljasi (Post 2865648)
There are quite a few of these in Kerala, a nicely modded Polo. The wheels could definitely do with some spacers though...

I prefer better wheels. Otherwise great mods & a great looking car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajeev k (Post 2865773)
Saw this Jeep two weeks back on KK road.

Was it near Pampady? From the looks of the place, it is right next to the "Jeep Guys" or something (?) who are completely into Jeep modifications [cosmetic mods as they claim].

Quote:

Originally Posted by govigov (Post 2869142)
...quarter mile magazine must be mad. Adding bits and pieces to the bumper and calling that modifying is basically what DC does, and most of their cars are horrible.

I wish him all the best for his venture.

Guess you are jumping the gun! First of all, looking at these pics and calling it "adding pieces" is being too judgemental! Secondly, I dont know how many cars featured in this thread has more than bits & pieces. Thirdly why "modification" necessarily mean performance & NOT cosmetic updates!

And finally, I have seen most of the modifiers have at-least one or two not-so great designs. Everyone evolves & learns from their work [mistakes as we love to call it] and lets give them that space.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 2876755)
Guess you are jumping the gun! First of all, looking at these pics and calling it "adding pieces" is being too judgemental! Secondly, I dont know how many cars featured in this thread has more than bits & pieces. Thirdly why "modification" necessarily mean performance & NOT cosmetic updates!

And finally, I have seen most of the modifiers have at-least one or two not-so great designs. Everyone evolves & learns from their work [mistakes as we love to call it] and lets give them that space.

My comments stem from the fact that i have seen this car at least a couple of times in person. ;)

As vivek said, the bumpers may be an original, but something about the car is just not right. Rightly said, the owner, if he is reading can take this as an input on how to get the car better.

Really liked the mods done here. But had really huge Aux lamps. Excellent finish.

I have seen couple of nice modded Ertigas in Kochi.. yes "Ertiga". Can anyone post some pics.