Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2009, 11:37   #76
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
My uncle has it in his NHC Vtec. Does not look much better than a good seat cover. The money can be spent better elsewhere unless you want the "Stanley" brand.
Seats are a very important interface with the car as your whole body rests on them and its really important that a car owner invests in good quality seat upholstery that are original equipment (OE) fitted. I am appalled at how little importance is being given by some owners in this area and they get the cheapest seat covers and ruin the interiors of the car.

The slip on covers will sag over a period of time and will never be as good as an OE fit. The better choice would always be real leather but if one does not have the budget artificial leather is also okay. Provided it is automotive spec PU material and not thin PVC ( rexine) material commonly used by accessory shops. Always better to go to a seat cover manufacturer for direct fitment and for better customization. Thick real leather will definitely be long lasting and will also improve the ride comfort on the basic standard seats that come with the car.
Old 3rd August 2009, 14:12   #77
srinivas9446

Stanley are selling well here in Bangalore too.

But its not worth spending so much if you dont intend to keep the car for a long time & have plans of changing the car !

Old 8th August 2009, 11:04   #78
BHPian

My linea's done 12K, so its stanley time. Called their office at Mission road, they gave me a quote over phone (not sure if i got the names right):

1. 28,000 + tax - oxin hide leather
2. 32,000 + tax - satin leather
3. 37,000 + tax - scandinavian leather
4. 42,000 + tax - nappa leather

Want to know if they pricing is around the marker for stanley seating!
Old 10th August 2009, 16:18   #79
BHPian

nicesachin-i totally agree with hypercar regarding you using cheap rexin seat cover on your linea.
Old 10th August 2009, 18:16   #80
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
My linea's done 12K, so its stanley time. Called their office at Mission road, they gave me a quote over phone (not sure if i got the names right):

1. 28,000 + tax - oxin hide leather
2. 32,000 + tax - satin leather
3. 37,000 + tax - scandinavian leather
4. 42,000 + tax - nappa leather

Want to know if they pricing is around the marker for stanley seating!
Luky, have you seen the Linea thread posted by Sunilrj ? Karlsson leather in Indiranagar has done his Linea seats in Scandinavian 1.5 mm thick leather for 25,575 Rs !! Thats about 11,000 Rs less than Stanley ! Maybe you need to visit Karlsson Leather in Indiranagar, 25216394. They import their leather from Sweden.
Old 10th August 2009, 18:20   #81
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas9446 View Post
Stanley are selling well here in Bangalore too.

But its not worth spending so much if you dont intend to keep the car for a long time & have plans of changing the car !
So you would rather lose money changing a car every couple of years and live with lousy upholstery? Its all about class and ergonomics and for those who appreciate quality. But that depends on the person !
Old 14th August 2009, 22:43   #82
Senior - BHPian

dont know if this is the right place to post this. I am planning to put stanley seats for my linea. just want to know whether premium leather seats like stanleys will add to the resale value of the car when sold???
will it be a added bonus when we sell the car may be after 3 - 5 yrs? or the car will go for the same price irrespective of leather seats?
Old 15th August 2009, 10:04   #83
BHPian

With a feedback from few others on tbhp i visited Karlsson's @ indiranagar, Bangalore yesterday, i feel the quality of their leather is at par with stanley's (scandinavian leather 1.5mm). Stanley quoted 41K all inclusive for Linea, Karlsson quoted 28 all inclusive for the same. Booked for wednesday to do the seats, will write a review with pics after that.
Old 15th August 2009, 10:59   #84
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
dont know if this is the right place to post this. I am planning to put stanley seats for my linea. just want to know whether premium leather seats like stanleys will add to the resale value of the car when sold???
will it be a added bonus when we sell the car may be after 3 - 5 yrs? or the car will go for the same price irrespective of leather seats?
I doubt leather seats after 3 - 5 years or any other accessory that old on your car will add to your resale value. Some one is not going to pay you for your lifestyle choices which you enjoyed in the last 3 to 5 years !! The resale will depend on how well your car is maintained and how much it has clocked. It will also depend on the buyer. I personally would change the upholstery if I bought a used car as thats the first thing that gives the car a new fresh look. So I will not see any value in used leather seats in a used car after 3 years ! So when you install leather seats, go for the ones that offer quality and value. And do not use leather made in India, as the quality sucks.

Last edited by Hypercar : 15th August 2009 at 11:06.
Old 15th August 2009, 11:05   #85
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post

It all depends.

If the guy purchasing your car has knowledge of seat and their brands ,yes it will give you a upper hand.

My suggestion is don't rely on the resale value of seat covers.IF YOU LIKE IT GO FOR IT..no second thoughts

Or else go for the Balence leathers(brand) i met them in one of the autoshows few months back ,they were quoting 13K for half leather and half art for my swift.You need info PM me

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...y-chennai.html

Also go through this above thread

Last edited by joshguy : 15th August 2009 at 11:07.
Old 15th August 2009, 11:10   #86
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
It all depends.

If the guy purchasing your car has knowledge of seat and their brands ,yes it will give you a upper hand.

My suggestion is don't rely on the resale value of seat covers.IF YOU LIKE IT GO FOR IT..no second thoughts

Or else go for the Balence leathers(brand) i met them in one of the autoshows few months back ,they were quoting 13K for half leather and half art for my swift.You need info PM me

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...y-chennai.html

Also go through this above thread
Balence leather? never heard of them. What leather do they use? At that price it could only be locally made leather from Ranipet.
Old 15th August 2009, 11:15   #87
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercar View Post
Balence leather? never heard of them. What leather do they use? At that price it could only be locally made leather from Ranipet.
Yep they do exist !! they have a show room in chennai @ nungambakkam near valluvar kottam
Old 17th August 2009, 11:52   #88
srinivas9446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercar View Post
So you would rather lose money changing a car every couple of years and live with lousy upholstery? Its all about class and ergonomics and for those who appreciate quality. But that depends on the person !
Hyper,

My reply is the answer for MADRASH's first, foremost & the important question.

for information, i have Stanley seats for my M800!!! i had got stanley fixed to my Logan which i sold in one year !!!!

i get better rates since i am close friend of stanley dealer.

for my ANHC now, i am searching for something much better than STANLEY in the market

i believe that STANLEY is outdated !!!

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th August 2009 at 15:08. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post.

Old 19th August 2009, 21:12   #89

Hello guys, I m a new member of Team-BHP...I am planning to buy a car. I owned a Fiat Palio 1.6 Sports (Sachin Tendulkar limited edition) previously. I was in love with it. The engine was frugal. But i had to sell it as I was moving to US. Now I m back in India. I have test driven the Skoda Fabia, i20 and Fiat Punto but none of them appealed to me as all of them lacked power and punch, which is the most important thing for me. Now I m thinking of again buying Palio 1.6 sports. But honestly dont like its interiors, which look quite dated. But I m thinking of getting interiors done at Stanley Leather, right from seats, door trims, dashboard trim, gear knob, steering wheel and all the upholstry. I have a few questions regarding this:
1) Any idea how much would it cost me to getting everything done at stanley leather?
2) As I am in delhi and the summers r too hot, will the leather seats heat up a lot and if i park my car in the sun, will it affect the leather on dashboard dur to direct exposure to sun.
3) any suggestions too are welcome.

I have very ambitious plans to make the interiors of the palio look like a luxury car's interiors, so please reply with ure ideas.

Thanks,
AJ
Old 21st August 2009, 14:24   #90
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas9446 View Post
Hyper,

My reply is the answer for MADRASH's first, foremost & the important question.

for information, i have Stanley seats for my M800!!! i had got stanley fixed to my Logan which i sold in one year !!!!

i get better rates since i am close friend of stanley dealer.

for my ANHC now, i am searching for something much better than STANLEY in the market

i believe that STANLEY is outdated !!!
out dated?? anyway try Karlsson Leather in Indiranagar they are the only other company who carries some really thick proprietary leathers from Sweden. Much better value for money than stanley. Check out the photos of a white Linea posted by sunilrj . They have got some good reviews here as well. At least Karlsson does not use local stuff and call it 'Italian' leather like all the other Stanley wannabes like Marvin, Pensee, Cerrali, Ovion and the rest !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks