Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2009, 12:48   #91
BHPian

That is one mean ride. Question : When is the turbo coming ?
Old 13th November 2009, 15:38   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild4lyfe View Post
i really like the swift but think that it could look better without the stickers...
I have cut a lot of stickering down. As mentioned earlier was too carried away with the whole set of team bhp stickers, i pasted almost all of it..
Cheers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAddict View Post
That is one mean ride. Question : When is the turbo coming ?
working towards it..cheers..

Last edited by Eddy : 14th November 2009 at 01:14. Reason: Please avoid posting multiple back to back posts. Use the edit option if posting within 20 min. Thanks
Old 13th November 2009, 15:45   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
I have cut a lot of stickering down. As mentioned earlier was too carried away with the whole set of team bhp stickers, i pasted almost all of it..
Cheers..

so a turbos in order huh..what do you have in mind?
Old 14th November 2009, 11:03   #94
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Finally got my long pending clutch upgrade with the Exedy sports tuff stage 1 clutch. Great results. Excellent and a very smooth feel from the OEM clutch. Highly recommended mod.
Cheers...
The Swift is known to have a weak clutch, definitely not the best for an enthusiastic driving style. Glad you are happy with the upgrade. How is the clutch within the city i.e. bumper to bumper traffic?
Old 14th November 2009, 12:01   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Swift is known to have a weak clutch, definitely not the best for an enthusiastic driving style. Glad you are happy with the upgrade. How is the clutch within the city i.e. bumper to bumper traffic?

True there was a big nod when the cheif mech at Maruti did a test drive with me after the change of the clutch. He too agreed that Swift always had a weak clutch issue.
Actually did a city drive this morning, found it perfect, just had an extra push on the gear changes, guess i have to get used to the new clutch clearence levels.The fact that i have a FFE done, done make my city bumper to bumper drives comfortable.
Cheers...
Old 14th November 2009, 12:04   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

The feel is very oem. Performance is good as well can take much more abuse than OEM,

Great upgrade,Sports mind.
Old 22nd November 2009, 22:57   #97
BHPian

Side repeaters upgrade.

Getting a new pair of the latest Led smoked side repeaters.
Should arrive by next week.
Attached Thumbnails
My Modded Swift : "Sports Mind"-smokeblack_th.jpg  

My Modded Swift : "Sports Mind"-smokedsidemarkeron_th.jpg  

Old 22nd November 2009, 23:17   #98
Team-BHP Support

That's a very nice car you've got there! But as you said, everyone has their own taste. And if I had a Swift, it would be neat and clean! I used to be a fan of those 'Angel Eyes' but if I had a Swift, I'd throw in some tasty 16" or 17" wheels and 205 section tires first, some modifications for performance (Headers, down-pipe, cat, intake mods, performance clutch, short-shifter, G16B head and so on) and then get a Swift Sport body kit and stop with that!

But your car is quite eye catching I must say! It's nice Good job! And congratulations!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd November 2009 at 23:19.
Old 23rd November 2009, 00:16   #99
Senior - BHPian

Suhaas the mods you mentioned in your post are all done on this swift, I think till 15" its fine for swift 16/17" will be a overkill that to with 205 section.
Old 23rd November 2009, 00:31   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
Suhaas the mods you mentioned in your post are all done on this swift, I think till 15" its fine for swift 16/17" will be a overkill that to with 205 section.
Oh! Yeah 17" would definitely be overkill, but my neighbour has a brilliantly done silver Swift VDi and he is running on 205 sections (Not entirely sure, will double check tomorrow and let you know) and 16" wheels and he says that it's pretty good. Turning is not a problem for him (Even at full lock) and the ride is supple.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd November 2009 at 00:32.
Old 23rd November 2009, 07:24   #101
Senior - BHPian

The car and the bodykit look nice.. But the stickers, both inside and outside are an overkill. Also why don't you consider dropping the two paint scheme. Would look much better in a single colour. Just my two cents...
Old 23rd November 2009, 10:03   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
That's a very nice car you've got there! But as you said, everyone has their own taste. And if I had a Swift, it would be neat and clean! I used to be a fan of those 'Angel Eyes' but if I had a Swift, I'd throw in some tasty 16" or 17" wheels and 205 section tires first, some modifications for performance (Headers, down-pipe, cat, intake mods, performance clutch, short-shifter, G16B head and so on) and then get a Swift Sport body kit and stop with that!

But your car is quite eye catching I must say! It's nice Good job! And congratulations!
As Karan had mentioned, all stage one mods are completed on my drive. Was planning a tyre upsize, but dropped it based on the feedbacks on the forums. Well stage 2 mods will go with a race dynamic ECU and the rest of the stuff. cheers for the.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
The car and the bodykit look nice.. But the stickers, both inside and outside are an overkill. Also why don't you consider dropping the two paint scheme. Would look much better in a single colour. Just my two cents...
Thanks for the feeds. The two tone gives that drive a different look. I have maintained the silver for the roof and the body skirts. I have cut done on the internal stickering, as i had mentioned before was to confused when i got the team bhp sticker set, i ended up pasting almost all of it. Cheers...

Last edited by v12 : 23rd November 2009 at 11:11.
Old 23rd November 2009, 13:09   #103
BHPian

Side Markers

Quote:
Getting a new pair of the latest Led smoked side repeaters.
Should arrive by next week.
Nice mods on your car Sportsmind. In fact, inspired by some of your mods, I did those for my Innova as well. I went to this Nadimauto and got the sill plates, LED light replacements for some, etc.

Coupel of questions, though -
- Are you using Eagle Eyes Projectors for your car? which type of bulbs are you using in them? I've got these for my Innova. However, for the long beams, the focus and brightness is not enough. Short beams are okay though in the city. When I enquired, I was told that I can not upgrade these bulbs from 55W, because the casing may not be meant for higher wattage bulbs. I'd like to know, what you did with yours.

- Those smoked side marker lights are good. In fact I've been trying to get these. I particularly liked the following ones from Hella.
Kit Frecce Laterali Luci Ingombro Hella - Luxuryautomotive&
Not sure, how do I get them. BTW, where are you ordering yours from?

Enjoy your car and the pleasure of driving it.

Cheers,
KK
Old 23rd November 2009, 16:02   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishoryk View Post
Nice mods on your car Sportsmind. In fact, inspired by some of your mods, I did those for my Innova as well. I went to this Nadimauto and got the sill plates, LED light replacements for some, etc.

Coupel of questions, though -
- Are you using Eagle Eyes Projectors for your car? which type of bulbs are you using in them? I've got these for my Innova. However, for the long beams, the focus and brightness is not enough. Short beams are okay though in the city. When I enquired, I was told that I can not upgrade these bulbs from 55W, because the casing may not be meant for higher wattage bulbs. I'd like to know, what you did with yours.

- Those smoked side marker lights are good. In fact I've been trying to get these. I particularly liked the following ones from Hella.
Kit Frecce Laterali Luci Ingombro Hella - Luxuryautomotive&
Not sure, how do I get them. BTW, where are you ordering yours from?

Enjoy your car and the pleasure of driving it.

Cheers,
KK

I have been on the angel eye projector headlamp for over a year now. Not a good decision as the adjustments of the beams take a huge lot of work. I have HID 8000k on my high beams, the low beam is fine with 55w philips.To take care of my off roads i have a 4300K HID on my bumper fogs. With this combination i am pretty fine.
The side repeaters are from singapore.
Cheers...
Old 23rd November 2009, 17:38   #105
BHPian

Projectors and side markers

Quote:

I have been on the angel eye projector headlamp for over a year now. Not a good decision as the adjustments of the beams take a huge lot of work. I have HID 8000k on my high beams, the low beam is fine with 55w philips.To take care of my off roads i have a 4300K HID on my bumper fogs. With this combination i am pretty fine.
The side repeaters are from singapore.
Cheers...
You are right. I do use fogs for the near-end light fill. However it does not help lighting up areas at a distance. Which HID kit do you use? Doesn't it generate too much heat? I may be okay with a 4300K kit. How much did you pay for yours?

Can you share the URL of the site where you buy these, please?

Thanks mate!

Cheers,
KK

Most Viewed