Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2009, 20:12   #31
BHPian

@ Pramod: Very neat job. Love that color. Any plans of adding alloys?? Is there any change to the interior (seats)?? What suspension components have you ordered (stock or Aftermarket)??

OT: Interesting number (reg no.) .
Old 16th November 2009, 20:57   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil.Bhujbal View Post
The work seems to be done neatly.Car's looking stunning too. Any plans on putting some nice alloys ? Will make the ride look even better.
Yes alloys are in the list, first have to sort out the suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhegde View Post
@ Pramod: Very neat job. Love that color. Any plans of adding alloys?? Is there any change to the interior (seats)?? What suspension components have you ordered (stock or Aftermarket)??

OT: Interesting number (reg no.) .
The cars seat have to be done, i like the new lancer cedia sports interiors, there are not many competent seat liners here in Kerala(i haven't heard of any one good) all of them seems to take care of the seats not the door pads . The suspension is currently going to be stock, as my car has done 126k the suspension is worn out. I am right now changing the lowering arms, the tie rod ends, the steering ball joints and all other rubber parts in the suspension. The newer lancers came with gas filled shocks in the stock form, have to look into that option, if it works out to be more expensive than pedders then i might go for pedders. the shock are currently ok and are not leaking, that will definitly improve the handling. Alloys and 15" tyres are going to come after that. The suspension work is expected to start by month end/ as soon as parts arrive. I have some major surprise for the car on its birthday .

Pramod
Old 17th November 2009, 17:44   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
The newer lancers came with gas filled shocks in the stock form, have to look into that option, if it works out to be more expensive than pedders then i might go for pedders. the shock are currently ok and are not leaking, that will definitly improve the handling.
I'll be surprised if the stock shocks are more expensive than Pedders. Have you decided what Pedders shocks you are going to get (if you do)? Are the springs being changed too?

And by the way, nice paintjob! Alloys will definitely add to the looks.

Regd. the antenna, would suggest you look in a good accessory store. I have seen powered antennae being sold in some. Should do the trick for you, at a fraction of what Mitsubishi charges.
Old 17th November 2009, 18:30   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
I'll be surprised if the stock shocks are more expensive than Pedders. Have you decided what Pedders shocks you are going to get (if you do)? Are the springs being changed too?
i was about to PM you. Any ways i am planning to improve the cornering abilities without sacrificing the comfort part, any suggestions?

Quote:
And by the way, nice paintjob! Alloys will definitely add to the looks.
Thanks, The suspension parts are awaited once thats is done alloys are next.

Quote:
Regd. the antenna, would suggest you look in a good accessory store. I have seen powered antennae being sold in some. Should do the trick for you, at a fraction of what Mitsubishi charges.
I checked almost all the accessory shops in kerala no one has a power antenna. I was told by dealers to look at scrap yards and kerala has none.

Pramod
Old 18th December 2009, 11:19   #35
BHPian

pramod..thatz a great paint job !!!
Old 18th December 2009, 12:00   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_mclaren View Post
pramod..thatz a great paint job !!!
Thanks Joe, Your car is fabulus, Reminds me a lot of my esteem.

Today we have a photo session by our resident photographer clevermax at 5:30, would you like to join in?

Update on the car: The powerantenna is replaced with a brand new one, and the ICE is all rewired, I need to get components for the front but thats of very low priority as of now. The suspension parts will arrive in a week and by the next year she will be all new again.

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 18th December 2009 at 12:01.
Old 18th December 2009, 14:54   #37
BHPian

Good paint job done. BTW did it 2.5 months to finish denting & painting?
Old 18th December 2009, 15:10   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
Good paint job done. BTW did it 2.5 months to finish denting & painting?

How is your baleno doing these days?

My problem was a lot of labor issues at the workshop. They never had labor to finish my car, they always used to work on small issues at priority which usually consisted of one pannel painting etc. Finally i started getting little assertive with them and they finished my car. The car looks great fresh from the showroom. I would say the 2.5 Month wait was worth it.

Pramod
Old 18th December 2009, 15:16   #39
BHPian

Quote:
The suspension parts will arrive in a week and by the next year she will be all new again.
Pramod, Which pedders shocks you have decided? and can you share the price?

Cheers,
L&S.
Old 18th December 2009, 15:31   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer&shogun View Post
Pramod, Which pedders shocks you have decided? and can you share the price?

Cheers,
L&S.
I have not decided on pedders yet, I think i will go for the stock gas filled shocks from mitsu which came in the later models. The price of each at A S S is 3250/-. The mitsu gasfilled will be anyday be a respectable performer if not better than pedders. As far as i remember a set would cost 28k for pedders comfort gasfilled type.

Quick question: can anyone suggest some good alloy designs in 15", And also suggest the color of the alloys i should choose. I will post some recent pics by today evening.

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 18th December 2009 at 15:33.
Old 18th December 2009, 17:28   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quick question: can anyone suggest some good alloy designs in 15", And also suggest the color of the alloys i should choose. I will post some recent pics by today evening.

Pramod

SOmething like these would look good IMO

OR

The car looks very good, Please get the stock decals asap.

Black rims bood look better overall since you have dark tints.

Last edited by cooldude1988765 : 18th December 2009 at 17:31.
Old 18th December 2009, 17:49   #42
Senior - BHPian

Thanks cooldude, I was too looking for a deep dish design like that one. BTW any idea how much? Wont white look good on silver? Just a question though.

Pramod
Old 18th December 2009, 17:59   #43
BHPian

Awesome ! The car looks alluring to take it for a spin. From the pic quality, I feel the job is neatly done. And those alloys that cooldude1988765 has posted are the best fit !

Last edited by s3va : 18th December 2009 at 18:00.
Old 18th December 2009, 18:21   #44
Senior - BHPian

please post some day light pics. wonderful and enjoy. motivates me to get mine done..
Old 18th December 2009, 18:43   #45
BHPian

Quote:
How is your baleno doing these days?

My problem was a lot of labor issues at the workshop. They never had labor to finish my car, they always used to work on small issues at priority which usually consisted of one pannel painting etc. Finally i started getting little assertive with them and they finished my car. The car looks great fresh from the showroom. I would say the 2.5 Month wait was worth it.

Pramod
Baleno is still in workshop.

Delay due to parts availability and then availability of tinkerers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks