Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

View Poll Results: Do you think this is a good thing for our cars ?
Yes 47 68.12%
No 8 11.59%
Not sure 14 20.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2010, 20:52   #76
BHPian

A good idea overall. But I see a potential problem for people allergic to dust. since the mat won't "look" dirty, one might end up cleaning it less often. and the pattern might cause some dust to always remain in the mat, even with religious cleaning.

just my two cents.
Old 13th May 2010, 11:17   #77
BHPian

Very interesting discussion and suggestions. I got a new Skoda Superb a few days ago. It has original Skoda mats which seem to be of a high standard. I was wondering if I should put Duro mats on top of these or not. 3M says it does not have mats for the Superb. Logically, I feel I should not as these mats add to the interior of the car. Plus, they can be easily cleaned, washed, etc. Also, the additional mat will raise the level of the mat and thus hamper driving. Any suggestions.?
Old 13th May 2010, 11:39   #78
Senior - BHPian

I checked these some time back but somehow I did not like it. If you are cleaning your car once a week it is not required. I was thinking of using a piece of this for driver area alone as my car is self driven.
Old 13th May 2010, 23:38   #79
BHPian

I have been using the duro mats for almost 3-4 months and I am not quite satisfied with the quality especially for the price that you pay for. First of all I made the mistake of buying a beige colored one, and the driver mat has caught imprints from my shoe heels along with dirt which is not going away even after scrubbing. Secondly, I have seen the coils coming out already.
Old 14th May 2010, 09:01   #80
BHPian

I have seen such mats being used in places other than cars. But won't it be a big hassle getting the dust and stones off the rug, cause in the image you provided it seems the rug has kind of a mesh feel!! I meant that, won't stones and dust will really stick onto them?

BTW, it will feel real good on your feet if you have them underneath!!
Old 31st May 2010, 12:16   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have been using the duro mats for almost 3-4 months and I am not quite satisfied with the quality especially for the price that you pay for. First of all I made the mistake of buying a beige colored one, and the driver mat has caught imprints from my shoe heels along with dirt which is not going away even after scrubbing. Secondly, I have seen the coils coming out already.
Well s3va, we don't have any other option then of beige as black will no go with interiors.

Picked up Dura mats for COROLLA, beige one for 750/- from Karol Bagh. Sales man was trying to pitch in for the hard one, but I picked up the soft one as it definitely give a better overall feel while driving bare feet.

Last edited by ashthedivx : 31st May 2010 at 12:18.
Old 31st May 2010, 14:49   #82
BHPian

^
Beige is a pain. I now regret buying it. Especially the driver side mat. The marks dont go even after scrubbing with soap. Rs 750 is a good deal in Delhi as compared to 900 in BLR !!! The mats are far better than the stock ones ie the normal rubber stuff, but is it worth for that money, is a question you have to think hard !
Old 22nd July 2010, 16:10   #83
BHPian

Got the same in my car too... Awesome stuff... Its almost 10yrs now.. Still looks good as new.. the car's floor is freaking clean all the time... Not to forget the rain and the slush.. People getting inside the car with mud in their shoes... no issues at all. it just takes everything in....

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by bblost : 22nd July 2010 at 16:28. Reason: ... post.
Old 12th August 2010, 17:08   #84
BHPian

I purchased dura mats from EVO last weekend, priced at 950 for a set of 4 pre-cut mats. From the looks of it, the bottom of the mats feels rubberish kind of which gives the mat its heaviness.

Problem: I got a Chinese gel-based fragrance from EVO as well (200 rs). I washed the original mats, let em dry, then put the dura mats over the top of stock mats (except for the driver side, i removed the stock mats).
Since the mats were new, they had a certain rubber kind of smell which got mixed up with the chinese lemon fragrance and the result was a pukish kind of smell.

After keeping the mats, opened the car freshener - locked the car and went off to sleep. After 6-7 hours when i came back, opened the car, i could not stand the odor.

solution: I thought the smell would go away so i kept driving with front windows all the way down & it didnt work. Turns out that i have to throw out either the mats / the lemon to get rid of the smell. Threw the lemon out, drove for a while, it still feels like puke.

stopped the car again, removed all the dura mats (thats when i realised where the smell was coming from. Luckily i had the dura mat cover with me) put them away in the dikki. Finally the odor gradually decreased.

Fix: I will need to wash these mats now with some lather based solution to get rid of the smell.

Positive thing is that the outside noise was now noticeably reduced. With stock mats, i could still hear outside noise (i thought of damping all doors initially but didnt have that much money). Now the cabin was very quiet which was sigh of relief.

1. Anyone else faced this issue ??
2. Do you think the lemon flavor messed up with the rubber smell ??
3. What solution do you use to clean these mats ??
4. Anyone else noticed a quieter cabin ?? (without door damping been done)
Old 23rd August 2010, 21:48   #85
BHPian

Update:

Washed the mats last friday (the front side soaks water pretty good provided its lying flat on the ground)

I used some left over shampoo + liquid dettol handwash. Washed & left them for drying in the bathroom (luckily no one was present then ). Left them overnight for the water to drain completely. Then threw the mats in the unused balcony for no one to notice for the weekend (smart move i say)

The smell has greatly reduced (used hot + cold water) now. Have put the mats back in, waiting for wifey to give feedback.

Thanks guys for the tons of response i received for my query (above). Those lovely fan PM's were emotional
Old 12th September 2010, 11:31   #86
BHPian

I have the same Duro (not sure about brand name nor material name) mats in my M800 of grey color. Bought it from a shop called Imperial in Kaloor-Kadavanthara road, Cochin.

M800 needs 14 sq. ft of carpet area. It cost me Rs. 980/- with Rs. 70/- per sq. feet. The shop guy cut the mat according to the shape of the rubber floor mats.

These mats are definitely a for me. The original rubber mats and the base fabric floor mat never used to hold down properly and they used to collect lot of sand and grit giving a feeling of unclean interior. Since these mats are heavy, they hold on to their position well. Once a week I take them out and clean. They do their job well even in rains.

Only problem I face is that in the rear passenger area, they don't hold well to their positions. But they are definitely better than the rubber floor mats.

Thanks,
Jose.
Old 14th September 2010, 15:53   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
I purchased dura mats from EVO last weekend, priced at 950 for a set of 4 pre-cut mats. From the looks of it, the bottom of the mats feels rubberish kind of which gives the mat its heaviness.
Hi Quadra

Do you have some nice pictures of the dura mats as I am interested too

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Update:

The smell has greatly reduced (used hot + cold water) now. Have put the mats back in, waiting for wifey to give feedback.
Hope the home minister is happy
Old 14th September 2010, 18:14   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
Hi Quadra

Do you have some nice pictures of the dura mats as I am interested too

Hope the home minister is happy
Its the same stuff that is posted on this thread - mine is nothing special, its just a pre-cut mat. You still wanna see ??

HM is happy now with less road noise coming inside.
Old 20th September 2010, 16:17   #89
BHPian

Thanks for the good to know information on mats have to buy them for my alto as I am facing a lot of Issues especially in rainy season.

By the way any idea where can I get them in Hyderabad.
Old 20th September 2010, 16:24   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Arcot, Putlibowli (Koti) area near the gurdwara just before shankar sher hotel has many shops which have exactly the same mats.

It will cost you roughly about Rs.1200 for those mats for your Alto. Colors available are grey, green, red.

Most Viewed