Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2023, 12:12   #496

Re: Paint Protection Film (PPF)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptron View Post
Can you share additional cost details (atleast the range)..
It will come around 2 lakh for ppf.
Old 12th February 2023, 19:53   #497

I went ahead with partial PPF in my Black Thar 2023 at Detailing Mafia, Ultrashield X TPU film was used. The detailing people quoted warranty of three years only( left with the curiosity, why only three years warranty). The Bill was 45 thousand( Partial PPF plus Ceramic Coating).

Disclaimer: I am in no way associated with Detailing Mafia.
Attached Thumbnails
Paint Protection Film (PPF)-2c76fa26c0584db7a6a56c8d852f231a.jpeg  

Paint Protection Film (PPF)-f9c4c5e5653f42a1a62cb6956250caac.jpeg  

MahindraThor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 17:04   #498
BHPian

Any recommendations for STEK PPF or known brands within North Bangalore ?
Old 18th February 2023, 19:18   #499

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGeneral View Post
Any recommendations for STEK PPF or known brands within North Bangalore ?
I highly recommend Boss and Wagons located in Kalyan Nagar, Bangalore for any of your PPF, Ceramic Coating, Vinyl Wrap, or Sun film requirements for your vehicle.

They are authorized installers of all the well known brands like STEK, Avery Dennison, Teckwrap, NAR etc. with 5+ year warranties.

I got my new Hyundai i20 N Line wrapped a few months ago with Avery Dennison PPF. They did a fantastic job neatly tucking in the film all around the vehicle. The PPF comes with a 5-year warranty and they offered complimentary check-ups as well.

Last edited by cybergeek : 18th February 2023 at 19:30.
cybergeek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 00:30   #500

Boss and Wagons Kalyan Nagar, Bangalore Review

I researched several professional PPF studios to protect my new Hyundai i20 N Line and ultimately chose Boss and Wagons in Kalyan Nagar, Bangalore. They specialize in PPF and Ceramic Coatings and are authorized dealers for brands such as STEK, Xpel, Avery Dennison, Nar, Llumar, Teckwrap, and OptiCoat.

During my consultation with the owner, I was provided with an overview of the pros and cons of different PPF brands. Based on his guidance, I decided to have my i20 N Line fully wrapped with Avery Dennison Optima PPF and OptiCoat Ceramic Coating on the interiors and non-PPF surfaces. The skilled workers at Boss and Wagons also installed LLumar 70% sun film on all windows.

The installation process was done meticulously with the removal of plastic beadings and lights for a neat finish. I was able to observe the work being done and I am extremely pleased with the fantastic look of my car. The water just beads away, making maintenance effortless. Boss and Wagons has also offered complimentary check-ups during the PPF's 5-year warranty period.
I highly recommend Boss and Wagons and their owner Shafik for any PPF, Ceramic Coating, Vinyl Wrap, or Sun film requirements for your vehicle. They offer options for various budgets and requirements.

Disclaimer: I’m not associated with this studio.

Photos of my vehicle are attached.

https://bossandwagons.com/

Google Maps location:
https://goo.gl/maps/H3QLNHv6g67kCuu69
Attached Thumbnails
Paint Protection Film (PPF)-img_1621.jpg  

Paint Protection Film (PPF)-img_1623.jpg  

cybergeek is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 19:34   #501
BHPian

Hello Team!

I will be soon getting delivery on my new Seltos X-Line and currently on the lookout for matte finish PPF. I am based in Bhubaneswar and came across two renowned detailing chains - “Carzspa” and “The Detailing Mafia”.

Carzspa quoted me a price of Rs. 1,98,000 for full car matte PPF.

Whereas The Detailing Mafia quoted me prices for 2 options - Rs. 55,000 full car matte PPF with 3 years warranty, and Rs. 85,000 full car matte PPF with 5 years warranty. They mentioned that these are discounted prices as the store has newly opened up. PPF brand used by them is Ultrashield-X. They are also including under body coating, glass coating and interior leather coating in the same price along with PPF.

Could someone please let me know if I can go ahead with The Detailing Mafia? The option provided by Carzspa is too expensive and doesn’t sound reasonable according to me.

Thanks in advance!
Old 26th February 2023, 02:28   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjot1912 View Post

Could someone please let me know if I can go ahead with The Detailing Mafia? The option provided by Carzspa is too expensive and doesn’t sound reasonable according to me.
Hi manjot1912, Congratulations on your Seltos! I had availed the services of The Detailing Mafia at Bhubaneswar in October 2022 for getting full body PPF for my black Toyota Fortuner. I found them to be very professional and diligent in their work. The owner Saurav is very knowledgeable, helpful, humble and polite and answered all my queries patiently. I found the price to be value for money considering the products used and and the quality of work done has been appreciated by anyone who came across my car. Sharing a picture below after the PPF.

I had also taken quotes from Carzspa, Bhubaneswar and found their prices to be on the higher side and the person attending to my calls was not very helpful and very reluctantly shared any information and was mostly disinterested.

On another note, as I live in Gurgaon, I had checked on quotes here and the prices in Bhubaneswar are comparatively very competitive, possibly because PPF is new in that market and customer awareness towards detailing is gradually building up. Since I took delivery of my car at Cuttack and was driving down to Gurgaon, I thought it is better to get it done when the vehicle is just out of showroom. Hence, went ahead with The Detailing Mafia and very happy so far. Feel free to DM me in case you have any further queries.

Note: I have no personal interest or association with any of the detailers or their owners/ franchisees named above and have given my feedback solely based on my experience as a customer who has availed services/ enquired.
Attached Thumbnails
Paint Protection Film (PPF)-ppf.jpg  

Last edited by jbpanda : 26th February 2023 at 02:30.
jbpanda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 19:56   #503

I got my XUV 700 delivered on 4th February and considering PPF options. I had Skoda Yeti before this and did a lot of highway running. Based on my experience, it got a lot of stone chipping on the bonnet. I would certainly like to avoid the same fate for the new XUV 700.

The more research I am doing on the topic, it's getting more confusing. Two issues -

1. What product to choose? Few vendors I talked with in Pune and some say Garware is best with value for money and others say Flexishield is best while pointing worst issues from Garware.

2. What vendor to choose to do this? In the Baner-Hinjewadi area, there are 4-5 detailing shops with close to 100+ Google reviews and 4.8+ ratings - so everyone gets good reviews? I tried taking quotes from Brotomotiv based on YouTube videos they have, but their cost is 1.3 Lac+ with GST for Garware 5-year coating - at least 40k more than others.

Can someone help with their experiences? Thanks!
Old 27th February 2023, 21:19   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_P2324 View Post
I am quoted 675 per sq. ft. for STEK Shield Effect and 875 per sq. ft. for Dynoshield.
Hello, what did you finally go with and at what cost? Did you compare it to Ceramic Pro KAVACA? Thanks.
Old 28th February 2023, 17:40   #505
BHPian

Hi All,
I am scheduled to get my 2023 Hector Starry Black delivered in the month of March and I am planning to get PPF done on the same. This is the first time for me get PPF done on any of my cars, therefore, knowledge is limited and would seek the guidance of experienced owners here.

So far I have spoken to 4 detailers in Delhi NCR. Following are the quotes I have received from all:

Detailing Mafia:
PPF brand - Optimum PPF - self healing TPU
Warranty: 5 years
Estimated cost: INR 1Lac (exclusive of taxes)
Estimated time required: 2-3 days

Detailing Bull:
PPF brand - Bull Armor (their own brand) - self healing TPU
Warranty: 10 years on PPF + 5 years installation
Estimated cost: INR 1.3Lac (exclusive of taxes)
Estimated time required: 2 days

Ceramic Pro:
PPF brand - Kavaca - self healing TPU
Warranty: 7 years on PPF
Estimated cost: INR 1.8Lac (exclusive of taxes)

OCD Detail Studio:
PPF brand - Garware Premium - self healing TPU
Warranty: 5 years on PPF
Estimated cost: INR 1.2Lac (exclusive of taxes)
Estimated time required: 3-4 days

Can anyone suggest which PPF brand one should go for and if anyone has any experience with any of the brands mentioned here?

Any suggestion or help would be highly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 2nd March 2023, 15:37   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-U- View Post
Hello, what did you finally go with and at what cost? Did you compare it to Ceramic Pro KAVACA? Thanks.
I did call up Ceramic Pro. The cost per square feet would be to quote him "800-1000 rupees per sq. ft." and no particular figure on the consumption of the film.

I did not follow up much with them and one day I spotted a car PPF'd by them on the roads. It looked like a terrible job.

Paint Protection Film (PPF)-img_1778.jpg

Paint Protection Film (PPF)-img_1779.jpg

No offense to the brand, it is probably an issue with a particular franchise. But when they are demanding something about 800-1000 rupees per sq. ft. this is not the kind of craftsmanship expected.

I went ahead with Optimum Detailerz, Mumbai, and the STEK Dynoshield. They have done a really good job with the installation.

Note: I am in no way associated with Optimum Detailerz, I just admire the quality of craftsmanship they offer.
Jay_P2324 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 18:49   #507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan_g View Post
Hi All,
I am scheduled to get my 2023 Hector Starry Black delivered in the month of March and I am planning to get PPF done on the same. This is the first time for me get PPF done on any of my cars, therefore, knowledge is limited and would seek the guidance of experienced owners here.

So far I have spoken to 4 detailers in Delhi NCR. Following are the quotes I have received from all:

Ceramic Pro:
PPF brand - Kavaca - self healing TPU
Warranty: 7 years on PPF
Estimated cost: INR 1.8Lac (exclusive of taxes)

Can anyone suggest which PPF brand one should go for and if anyone has any experience with any of the brands mentioned here?

Any suggestion or help would be highly appreciated. Thanks!
Not sure who you spoke to about Kavaca, but avoid it. I have it in my car and I would not recommend it to anybody. I have elaborated my experience in the thread so you can read up. There were glue marks from day 1 and the film had come off in one part of the bumper within a month. I paid close to 700 per Sq. ft. which is quite a premium.
Pancham is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 19:17   #508
BHPian

Quote:
I did call up Ceramic Pro. The cost per square feet would be to quote him "800-1000 rupees per sq. ft." and no particular figure on the consumption of the film.

...snip...

I went ahead with Optimum Detailerz, Mumbai, and the STEK Dynoshield. They have done a really good job with the installation.
Thank you so much. So, did they charge you for 250 sq. ft? Our TBHP detail expert AJ56 keeps cautioning not to go for the film for a white car - that is making me think twice.
THE-U- is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 23:19   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-U- View Post
Thank you so much. So, did they charge you for 250 sq. ft? Our TBHP detail expert AJ56 keeps cautioning not to go for the film for a white car - that is making me think twice.
Yes, I was charged for 250 sq. ft. All the painted surfaces of the car are covered with PPF( he has covered some painted portions underneath the car as well) including the piano black finishes around the window frames, headlights, tail lights, and some of the inside portions of the door on the B- Pillar.

I was skeptical as well about getting a white car PPF'd which is why I went for a film with 10 years of warranty. To quote BHPian nirmaljusdoit "all PPF's are bound to turn yellow over a period of time. The quality of PPF determines the rate at which it turns yellow." Hence I went with the STEK dynoshield. I plan on keeping the car for about 10 years and assume that the PPF will start showing its age given the Indian weather conditions around the 7-year mark.

Overall maintenance of the PPF (washing technique etc) also plays an important role in the film turning yellow and weather, dust, and exposure to sunlight are to factor in as well.

Also, another reason why I went for a PPF is that BMW's Mineral White has a pearlescent finish and uses a 3 coat system. Matching the panels in case of repainting is a huge task and needs a really good paint shop. PPF would take care of some minor dings and scrapes (to an extent of course).

Last edited by Jay_P2324 : 2nd March 2023 at 23:31. Reason: Adding some content
Jay_P2324 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 19:29   #510
BHPian

Quote:
... I went for a PPF is that BMW's Mineral White has a pearlescent finish and uses a 3 coat system. Matching the panels in case of repainting is a huge task and needs a really good paint shop. PPF would take care of some minor dings and scrapes (to an extent of course).
I hear you. We don't get a lot of color options here in India for the X5. Canada seems to have a number of options that are not available in the US either.

It seems like a lot of white cars are getting PPF as well. I talked to a few installers in Delhi and the cost ranges from 100k for the Garware to 235k (plus GST) for the Llumar Valor. I am told the Llumar Valor already has a ceramic coating on top of the TPU film and comes with a 10 year full replacement warranty for yellowing. I am still very double minded since mine will also be a mineral white metallic - wondering if I can go for the top of the line ceramic coating without the film. The film certainly will be good in a city like Delhi with motorcycles and autorickshaws that tend to scratch cars with their rearview mirrors or handle bars with reckless abandon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks