Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2022, 18:54   #346
BHPian

Re: Paint Protection Film (PPF)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask View Post
Hi Friends, I've booked a Tata Safari (Orcus White), awaiting delivery in a few weeks and planning to get the PPF done. Found this thread tremendously helpful.

I've a few questions while I am trying to work through the quotations:

1) Given the white colour, I am concerned about the yellowing. Just checking if anyone has applied PPF on white colour and would still recommend going with PPF?

2) Any idea roughly how much SFT would be required for my car, for a full body protection (including sides, roof, etc)

3) After the PPF application, is it fine to do basic detailing like polishing/waxing say once in 3 months, or is it restricted to only water wash?

4) Can PPF be applied on glass areas like windshield and sunroof as well?
1) It’s a known fact films do yellow over time, some more than others. On white paint PPF is never recommended as the yellowing effect is quite noticeable a few years in (as little as 1 year in some cases).

2) Safari should be around 170-180 sq/ft

3) If you take care of the washing you won’t have swirls in the film and you won’t need to polish it. Most films can be lightly polished in case the swirls aren’t taken care of by the self healing.

4) Yes there are films available for glass.
AJ56 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 14:51   #347
BHPian

Hi ALL. What's the view on Garware PPF? It's self healing and comes with 5 year warranty and apparently approved by Skoda.

Many thanks in advance
Old 27th April 2022, 16:49   #348

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavinder View Post
Hello folks, Even I have the same query about Ceramic &/or PPF coating for my new car (have zeroed on Harrier). Which are the best car detailing options in Pune, please advise.
Were you able to get any leads for detailers? Or if you have got it done, can you please share details of the detailer, which brand PPF, cost etc. in Pune?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokk0912 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for options in Pune to get PPF done on my THAR. Please let me know if anyone from Pune can suggest based on their personal experience. Thanks!
Hey, did you end up getting it done in Pune? If yes, can you please share your experience?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 27th April 2022 at 17:14. Reason: back to back posts
Old 1st May 2022, 09:58   #349

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhitibs View Post
Were you able to get any leads for detailers? Or if you have got it done, can you please share details of the detailer, which brand PPF, cost etc. in Pune?
I have zeroed down on BROTOMOTIV - its located in Wadgaonsheri. They are doing pretty good job in body-shop & car detailing. They have got multiple Ceramic coating/PPF packages & one can choose as per the budget/requirement. I would strongly suggest that you explore it.

Address-
Lane no.1, kapil nagar, behind water pumping station,
near christ college, wadgaonsheri, pune- 411014

Hey, did you end up getting it done in Pune? If yes, can you please share your experience?
Not yet, I'll be getting it done from BROTOMOTIV as soon as I receive my car (hopefully by mid-may) & will surely share my experience.
Old 2nd May 2022, 10:50   #350

I had booked a black Hyundai Tucson on 2 April and as soon as I got home I started my search for 1 - a good PPF installer and 2 - the right PPF brand.

After reading through all the pages of this thread and watching copious amounts of videos on YouTube, one name stood out - Optimum Detailerz which is led by Mr. Amol Chitre.

I Whatsapped him on a Sunday evening and he was very prompt in his response and said he will call me the following day. True to his word, he called the next morning and understood my requirements.

After taking half a day to digest my requirements, he sent me a quote of ₹1.68L for a whole body PPF of my Tucson using STEK ShieldEffect.

I took a couple of days to deliberate this and decided to go with him on the basis of his excellent reviews. He also comes across as a person who is very passionate about car detailing and hoped that this passion will translate into a top quality PPF job.

I took delivery of the car on 24 April and took it straight to Amol’s workshop in Chembur, Mumbai. He asked us to keep the car with him for a week to ensure a good quality job. I was more than happy to comply.

Throughout the week, Amol was very proactive in sharing pictures of progress, including the batch number of the PPF roll which was being used for my car.

I picked up the car last evening and was truly flabbergasted with his work. The whole car was gleaming and there wasn’t a single sign of any cuts or margins of the PPF. Everything was neatly tucked in the panels. He even PPF’d the inner sections of the doors and boot.

I would recommend his services to anyone who is looking for a quality detailer in Bombay. He is really passionate of his job and this shows in the end product.

Disclaimer: I am in no way associated with Amol or Optimum Detailerz. Just thought of sharing my experience.

Here are some pictures of the end product:
Attached Thumbnails
Paint Protection Film (PPF)-0c2a38e8a4ec427ab9d67a9c143521aa.jpeg  

Paint Protection Film (PPF)-e13ffafb12574ce186bba9f4dd6d8033.jpeg  

Paint Protection Film (PPF)-c7ea6bf264024bf7a64cf7347b5bd5dd.jpeg  

Nikhil1406 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 18:40   #351

I second that.

This time last year Optimum D did a Stek install on my new Fortuner and 3 months later the car got a monster scratch / paint scrape on it. Here’s a pic.

Thanks to the PPF, it came right off (never bothered with an “after” pic) and one year in, the car still looks good as new. No peeling or yellowing of film that I can see.

Ergo, when we got another new car, the PPF was a no brainer and Amol & team are brilliant at what they do. Just got the missus’ new Honda City back from Optimum Detailerz last week - they did a full PPF install with a Stek shield effect.

Also disclaimer: My only interest in Optimum Detailerz is an enthusiast’s appreciation for a job well done.
Attached Thumbnails
Paint Protection Film (PPF)-625e2ab89af8432da4896b74dbf9aa04.jpeg  

Paint Protection Film (PPF)-2d58b36d99714545bbcd17978201f398.jpeg  

4wheeldrive is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 23:03   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil1406 View Post
I took delivery of the car on 24 April and took it straight to Amol’s workshop in Chembur, Mumbai. He asked us to keep the car with him for a week to ensure a good quality job.
Hi Nikhil. Surprised to hear that they needed a week for the installation. Any particular reason for that?
Old 5th May 2022, 11:13   #353

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalaSNKL View Post
Hi Nikhil. Surprised to hear that they needed a week for the installation. Any particular reason for that?
Hi - I was told that they will do a full decontamination on the first day, followed by a paint correction on the second. Following this, the PPF will be applied which takes 2 days after which it needed to dry and set for another 2 days; taking the total time to a week.

To be honest, I didn't probe much as I would rather they keep my car for a week and do a good job than a sub-par one if I rushed them.
Nikhil1406 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2022, 23:53   #354
Senior - BHPian

Bit the bullet and dropped my Compass off for partial PPF. Had visited Ceramic Pro for a full detailing job. Later decided to go for PPF on the bonnet, front bumper and front fenders. Will get the car back on Wednesday. Let’s see how it goes.
Pancham is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 01:26   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Bit the bullet and dropped my Compass off for partial PPF. Had visited Ceramic Pro for a full detailing job. Later decided to go for PPF on the bonnet, front bumper and front fenders. Will get the car back on Wednesday. Let’s see how it goes.
Could you elaborate on what brand you went with and the quote given please.
Compass being one of the cars I shortlisted for next purchase and the Front and Rear bumbpers singled out for PPF.
Maky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 02:25   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Could you elaborate on what brand you went with and the quote given please.
Compass being one of the cars I shortlisted for next purchase and the Front and Rear bumbpers singled out for PPF.
All Ceramic Pro shops use their in-house PPF called Kavaca. Measurements for the Compass are as follows (in Sq ft):

1. Bonnet: 24
2. Front fenders: 9 each
3. Bumpers: 18 each
4. Door: 10 or 16 each (don’t remember exactly)

Price is 750 plus GST. I will put a detailed review in my thread once I get the car back.
Pancham is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 23:02   #357

Can anybody guide some good PPF detailers in Pune.
Looking to get my XUV700 done after delivery later this month. Any ideas on how much this would cost for the full car done with a good quality TPU that has a warranty of 5-7 years.

Have heard of Brotomotiv, anybody else?

Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 11:25   #358
BHPian

Any anyone done PPF at Carsbuddy Koramangala. Any feedback would be appreciated!!
Old 9th May 2022, 13:01   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhiraj View Post
Can anybody guide some good PPF detailers in Pune.
Looking to get my XUV700 done after delivery later this month. Any ideas on how much this would cost for the full car done with a good quality TPU that has a warranty of 5-7 years.

Have heard of Brotomotiv, anybody else?

Thanks
Hello Dhiraj,
I am also in the same boat with the delivery of my XUV700 Midnight Black scheduled on 15 May 2022. I am looking for partial PPF for Bumpers, door handles & sills and ORVM. So far has spoken with following detailers
1. Turtle Wax detailing studio, they quoted me 16K for the partial PPF with Garware PPF and 05 years warranty.
2. Wiper Auto Detailing has quoted 18K with Garware
3. Glosswerkz Pune quoted 12K with their in house material and 03 yrs of warranty.

I am yet to check with Brotomotiv. Do share in case you are able to finalize on the detailing studio.
StarVector is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 20:40   #360

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVector View Post
Hello Dhiraj,
I am also in the same boat with the delivery of my XUV700 Midnight Black scheduled on 15 May 2022. I am looking for partial PPF for Bumpers, door handles & sills and ORVM. So far has spoken with following detailers
1. Turtle Wax detailing studio, they quoted me 16K for the partial PPF with Garware PPF and 05 years warranty.
2. Wiper Auto Detailing has quoted 18K with Garware
3. Glosswerkz Pune quoted 12K with their in house material and 03 yrs of warranty.

I am yet to check with Brotomotiv. Do share in case you are able to finalize on the detailing studio.
Sure, will let you know incase i finalize someone.

btw, a general question to all, how does one know what TPU quality sheet has been used. Let's say i go for Garware, then how do i know its garware and not some low quality sheet ? Are there any watermarks on the edges of the sheet Or does one just go with blind trust with detailer and word of mouth.

Reading posts here, Full car PPF(good quality) on XUV700 costs anywhere from 1.2 - 1.5+ lacs(5 year warranty). Now given that the amount is huge, its just confusing and hope am not being taken for a ride; which is reason why i am looking for a good reputed dealer in Pune. Sadly don't see many replies to Pune detailers query. Most posts seem to be quoting/referring detailers from Mumbai/Delhi. Wondering if i should go to a detailer in Mumbai.

Google search does not provide a satisfactory result either - just gets confusing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks