Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2022, 11:52   #316
BHPian

Re: Paint Protection Film (PPF)

Hi, anyone here from Mumbai who has had a experience (good or bad) with doing PPF on their car/s. Please suggest where can I do it from since I will be getting my new car in the next month or so and currently intending to get the PPF done right after it's out from the showroom. Thank you in advance
Old 24th March 2022, 18:27   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahil_29 View Post
Hi, anyone here from Mumbai who has had a experience (good or bad) with doing PPF on their car/s. Please suggest where can I do it from since I will be getting my new car in the next month or so and currently intending to get the PPF done right after it's out from the showroom. Thank you in advance
You can try Optimum Detailerz at Chembur. Don't expect any discount, however workmanship is excellent. You will have to leave your car for around 5 days. I got PPF on my Harrier done from them. Very satisfied with the work done.
Bala_R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 23:16   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala_R View Post
You can try Optimum Detailerz at Chembur. Don't expect any discount, however workmanship is excellent. You will have to leave your car for around 5 days. I got PPF on my Harrier done from them. Very satisfied with the work done.
I second that opinion. I had visited them last week, I saw one Tiguan and GLE, the workmanship is actually great. They really do a 'Detailed' job .

However, I am still not able to convince myself to spend more than 1.5 lac just to protect my car's paint.
If you have the budget, this is the best option.
goenkakushal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2022, 14:18   #319
BHPian

[quote=tictactoe;4942960

If you love your car and you happen to have a car anything over 20L - I would definitely advice a ppf. For the darker colors it's a must for full body. For white or silver - at least the scratch prone areas should be covered. If you have a car on the lower end of price segment - still do get your bumpers, mirrors and door handle inners pasted. [/QUOTE]

Thanks for your advice. Please let me know if one can pressure wash the car if it has full PPF, also what kind of shampoo / car polish etc. can be used. Thanks
sudhirjaipur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 09:57   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirjaipur View Post
Thanks for your advice. Please let me know if one can pressure wash the car if it has full PPF, also what kind of shampoo / car polish etc. can be used. Thanks
You should keep the pressure bar under 90. That’s what the recommendation I got. My car has a full body PPF(xPel). Usually, a water wash does the trick. When there are strong stains, I do shampoo wash. Nothing specific about the type of shampoo. Softer the better.
sheelapratosh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 10:26   #321
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirjaipur View Post
Please let me know if one can pressure wash the car if it has full PPF, also what kind of shampoo / car polish etc. can be used.
Always wash at an angle and at the required distance, and never straight on or too close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelapratosh View Post
You should keep the pressure bar under 90.
Issue is that most non-commercial washers don't have the option to change the pressure.
Old 28th March 2022, 10:41   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Issue is that most non-commercial washers don't have the option to change the pressure.
That's true, even the one I have does not, I am using Resqtech PW107.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 28th March 2022 at 12:09. Reason: Fixed broken quote
Old 28th March 2022, 22:44   #323
BHPian

Had a store visit of Opticoat in Bangalore, which is next to safina plaza. They have really cool packages but expensive. And one of their PPF offering is Clif Design from USA.

They have two range, 650/- with 5 years warranty for even yellowing also. And the other one is 750/- which has 10 years warranty. I even had a chance to look at product applied and work in progress. Looked very impressive.

Paint Protection Film (PPF)-whatsapp-image-20220327-5.15.46-pm.jpeg

I am planning to visit carsspa to check their product range before making a decision.
abacusv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2022, 10:49   #324
BHPian

During the first 7-10 days of delivery after PPF application, the drying process is still underway and washing is best avoided with pressure washer.

Post this period, regular pressure washing can be done, if the PPF is installed using a tuck in process, most of the edges will be inside.
nirmaljusdoit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th March 2022, 17:56   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahil_29 View Post
Hello Rahil,
There's a very good PPF installer I found in Andheri, Mumbai. Kindly send me a PM. I'll share his number. Depending on the car, he's VFM!
Old 29th March 2022, 18:48   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello Rahil,
There's a very good PPF installer I found in Andheri, Mumbai. Kindly send me a PM. I'll share his number. Depending on the car, he's VFM!
I won't be able to PM since I am a newbie How else can we exchange this info?
Old 31st March 2022, 15:37   #327
BHPian

PPF + Ceramic from Dealer and other accessories

Hi Folks,

So I am finally getting that Alcazar that I've been talking about in other threads. The dealer also offered me an option of getting PPF and Ceramic coating done through them.

I was wondering how reliable this is and should I go for it vs going for a detailing specialty store.

The Detailing Mafia is close to my home and I've spoken to them about their offerings and products.

I'm waiting for Trident Hyundai to give their quote. I am not convinced with their answer whether they will do these coatings in their showroom or will they outsource it. They may charge a premium, or pocket a bigger margin, but I don't want them to do a shoddy job and screw up the coating / protection.

Also these folks are offering a 70% tint (or was it 70% visibility) film saying it is legal and allowed. AFAIK any film is illegal right? Or has any ruling changed? Bangalore heat has been driving me up the bend, so I am tempted to go for heat film if it is permitted by law.

Please advice. Thanks. :-)
Old 31st March 2022, 18:37   #328
BHPian

Re: PPF + Ceramic from Dealer and other accessories

Buddy, irrespective of the price quoted by the dealership, I would recommend getting PPF and/or ceramic coating done outside. As you rightly guessed, there is a fat margin if they outsource it or even do it themselves, and the quality too is mediocre at best 90% of the times, and this is something I've personally witnessed.
I'd suggest you get quotes from proper detailing brands and if you have the time and inclination, have a word with a few owners who might have used services from these brands.
All the best and do share your experience and photos once the job is done.
Torque_Curve is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2022, 18:48   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculesksp View Post
Hi Folks,

So I am finally getting that Alcazar that I've been talking about in other threads. The dealer also offered me an option of getting PPF and Ceramic coating done through them.

I was wondering how reliable this is and should I go for it vs going for a detailing specialty store.

The Detailing Mafia is close to my home and I've spoken to them about their offerings and products.

I'm waiting for Trident Hyundai to give their quote. I am not convinced with their answer whether they will do these coatings in their showroom or will they outsource it. They may charge a premium, or pocket a bigger margin, but I don't want them to do a shoddy job and screw up the coating / protection.

Also these folks are offering a 70% tint (or was it 70% visibility) film saying it is legal and allowed. AFAIK any film is illegal right? Or has any ruling changed? Bangalore heat has been driving me up the bend, so I am tempted to go for heat film if it is permitted by law.

Please advice. Thanks. :-)
From outside anyday. This is not something they can blackmail you with warranty loss, so its better to get it done from someone whose primary job is detailing.

Bangalore has a lot of great detailing options. Keystone Detailing, Ultimate Detailerz, Feynlab, etc. If you are looking at something reasonably priced Wheeler Cleaner is there near Marathahalli. Me and a few bhpians got it done there and were more than satisfied with Saurabh's work.
Altocumulus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2022, 18:51   #330
BHPian

You can also checkout Bonnet & Spokes in Rajajinagar. Talk to Sagar there. They do a very good job.
mkc15 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks