Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2020, 10:23   #376
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Hella Experience - 500 FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
It doesnt lightup the entire road but compliments the weak headlights by extending the throw upto some extent and not blinding oncoming traffic. Works for my driving needs.

Few pictures of same,
It needs to be placed near slightly below (for the sake of Cops, ideally at the same level for best illumination) your existing headlamp for it to work with the highbeam properly. Right now it's too low for it's beam pattern and may disturb your vision by causing bright spots too near to the car.

The Hella Experience - 500 FF-img_20200621_100956.jpg

The orange circle is where it should be and the green circle is for your next set a spot beam to complete the Rally look.

I warned you about electricians being lazy, the instructions provides mounting diagram next to the headlamp very clearly.
Old 18th August 2020, 15:28   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
Hi Rajesh, nice pair of Hellas you've got!
======
I have upgraded the bulbs in the Hellas too! Now they sport Phillips 100W H3 bulbs!!! The result?? Simply awesome, I must say!!! I regularly drive in the ghats with the help of my lights!

I'm using Ford Freestyle TDCi and my lighting is just pathetic. I find it extremely difficult when driving on Highways.

Even with the highbeam and fog lights switched on, I find it extremely difficult to drive even at 80kmph. It's like driving on a highway blindly.

Potholes, speedbreakers and even cars ahead of me are also not visible properly.

I zeroed in on Hella Rallye 500ff or 700ff driving lamps after reading your post.

Can you please suggest me which one I should go with for perfect highway driving?

With the existing lights I'm unable to see what's on the road and what's ahead of me.
Old 4th June 2021, 11:07   #378
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know where i can get some replacement stone shields locally? One of mine broke. I recall someone posting some distributor contact but not able to find it
Old 4th June 2021, 11:39   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Does anyone know where i can get some replacement stone shields locally? One of mine broke. I recall someone posting some distributor contact but not able to find it
Are you referring to the outside white plastic cover? If the Rally 500 one would fit, I might have one lying around.
Old 5th September 2021, 09:46   #380
BHPian

Hi
Has anybody installed pencil beams from hella? I am thinking of installing the same for my CR-V but not quite sure of its efficacy. I find my CR-V headlights inadequate sometimes and thinking of picking up the 450w headlight pencils.
Would love to know any feedback/recommendations for installation.
Thanks.
Old 13th September 2021, 11:06   #381
BHPian

One of my Hella 700FF on my XUV 500 was recently vandalised. The black coloured hard plastic part at the back of the lamp was badly damaged when someone attempted to uproot the lamp from the clamp. I have removed this lamp and kept it in the storeroom. I dismounted the other lamp too.
Need advise Whether there Is any possibility of getting repaired/ replace the damaged plastic part OR whether a single Lamp will be available for buying anywhere.
Thanks in advance
NH

Last edited by Night_Hawk : 13th September 2021 at 11:07.
Old 13th September 2021, 14:43   #382
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Hawk View Post
Need advise Whether there Is any possibility of getting repaired/ replace the damaged plastic part OR whether a single Lamp will be available for buying anywhere.
Doubt you can get a repair. Even finding the stone shield is a bit difficult.
Look up or check with dealers locally for a single unit.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 15:33   #383
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks in advance
NH
This thing uses a 7 inch reflector setup. You can buy any cheap knockoff 7 inch driving lamp (It will have something like Halogen Sport etc written on it) and fit this reflector in that enclosure. It will look the same and you would get the same light.

Best to do this from a parts \ accessories store wherein you can check if the size fits before buying it.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 19:47   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Found them on industrybuying.com. Posting here in case it helps someone else. They have all sorts of caps
greenhorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 09:44   #385
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineapple_ameet View Post
Hi
Has anybody installed pencil beams from hella? I am thinking of installing the same for my CR-V but not quite sure of its efficacy. I find my CR-V headlights inadequate sometimes and thinking of picking up the 450w headlight pencils.
Would love to know any feedback/recommendations for installation.
Thanks.
I think you are referring to the the 450mm LED bar. The advantage is the light weight, low power draw and compact size. The downsides are rain/fog visibility, price. There is no perfect alternative to the regular halogens.

Quote:
One of my Hella 700FF on my XUV 500 was recently vandalised. The black coloured hard plastic part at the back of the lamp was badly damaged when someone attempted to uproot the lamp from the clamp. I have removed this lamp and kept it in the storeroom. I dismounted the other lamp too.
Thanks in advance
NH
Mine got damaged by a mechanic balancing on it while changing oil. They readied it up with locktite and a ubiquitous metal clamp(reshaped crudely). That served me without issues without till the time of upgrading to rallye 4000s in my Figo.
Quote:
Had I been in your position, I would be buying some good rexin cover from a seat cover fabricator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andescondor View Post
Friends, need a quick clarification. Are all h3 bulbs the same? For example, can I replace a Hella 55w h3 in a 700ff dome with an Osram Nightbreaker plus h3 55w? Please advise. Thank you.

Note: I don't want to upgrade the 700ff 55w bulbs to 100w as it creates some more load on the battery.
Yes, they are all the same. I had ran my 4 hella 500s with 100w bulbs for over 70,000kms (almost all of it night drives) without issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post

The orange circle is where it should be and the green circle is for your next set a spot beam to complete the Rally look.
I second the same.

Last edited by COMMUTER : 22nd December 2021 at 09:56.
Old 1st June 2023, 18:12   #386
HTC
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
I second the same.
Guys,
It was always on back of my mind to get the aux lights repositioned as suggested by @kosfactor.

I tried getting it done during service at Engineering Exponents, But they didnt do it citing lack of electrician availability. Finally got it done at Solotech( near PES college, Ring Road). Need to check the effectiveness in night drive. Sharing pics below.

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

Cheers,
HTC
Attached Thumbnails
The Hella Experience - 500 FF-screenshot_20211222115607_chrome.jpg  

The Hella Experience - 500 FF-20230601_175703.jpg  

The Hella Experience - 500 FF-20230601_175806.jpg  

HTC is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks