Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2013, 17:47   #241
BHPian

Re: The Hella Experience - 500 FF

lastly guys, how to protect the lights from been flicked / robbed? Asking as this happened to my lightforce lights
Old 18th September 2013, 18:04   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
A new bee question:
Can't we install these lamps on roof top with bar across roof rails. I have seen few lights bars, but not sure we can fit these.

Actually, I am looking for my duster. I don't want to fit on bumper/in front of radiator grill where it obstruct air flow.

Any ideas/suggestions.

Thanks.
Any lights above the level of standard lights on the vehicle is illegal but I know people still go about flaunting lights on the roof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
lastly guys, how to protect the lights from been flicked / robbed? Asking as this happened to my lightforce lights
The only option for you would be (may be) to use the anti-theft nuts/bolts. Else some non-practical options could be tying a pitbull near the lights

Last edited by Shubz : 18th September 2013 at 18:09.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 15:31   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
A new bee question:
Can't we install these lamps on roof top with bar across roof rails. I have seen few lights bars, but not sure we can fit these.

Actually, I am looking for my duster. I don't want to fit on bumper/in front of radiator grill where it obstruct air flow.

Any ideas/suggestions.

Thanks.
There is a dedicated thread on Duster install. It might be what you are looking for.
gsbhatia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 17:34   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsbhatia View Post
There is a dedicated thread on Duster install. It might be what you are looking for.
Wow! Thanks a lot. somehow, I missed this.
Old 4th October 2013, 12:25   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinidhi View Post
Hello Friends,

I got the 500FF lamp set which includes two lamps, wiring kit, relay, switch and clamps all inclusive for INR 3842 from Reliance Autozone, shanthinagar, Bangalore.
Thanks,
-Nidhi
Where did got it fixed? By reliance itself? How was the installation?
Old 4th October 2013, 13:11   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Where did got it fixed? By reliance itself? How was the installation?
got it fixed from my electrician. On fiesta it is pretty straight forward as the chassis comes with threaded holes. Just got the clamps made and fitted it.
Old 4th November 2013, 22:12   #247
Senior - BHPian

I got my 500 FFs from the states and guess what, it says Made in India. Anyway, what are the pros and cons of mounting them from the screws that hold the number plate? I got the bend to go towards the engine grill and therefore the Hellas line up with the front bumper line. If I go for the welded supports from the cross member they would have to be on either side of the number plate much below than the present location. Also the instruction sheet, that came with the lights, offer schematics for splicing the wires to the head lights, with or without a separate switch. If I hard wire them to the battery what are the disadvantages? Thanks.
Old 5th November 2013, 12:17   #248
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Oops! That would have hurt quite a lot. My Hella 1000s were stolen in 3 days flat.

Barri nuts are the solution for this. I am NOT sure this can be sourced in India, but we can have it shipped from Canada or something.
Old 5th November 2013, 15:02   #249
Senior - BHPian

I just ordered 700FF from Snapdeal today. wating to get it delivered. has anyone fitted the same in a Figo/ any px would be appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_sharon View Post
Hi
I went ahead and ordered the 700ff from snapdeal and got it delivered today. The box says it as comet 700ff while the mrp sticker shows it as rallye 700ff. It's made in India at haryana facility. Curious to know about the difference between comet and rallye variant. Will it make sense to return the shipment back.
Rds
Arun

How much did you pay for the same? And does the box come with the relay, wiring kit switch etc?

Also Im seeing two types of covers in the pix. which one did you get?
Old 5th November 2013, 20:10   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post

How much did you pay for the same? And does the box come with the relay, wiring kit switch etc?

Also Im seeing two types of covers in the pix. which one did you get?
I got the white cover. Paid 4100 and came with relay and switch in the pack. Not fixed it yet, need to find a good tinker/metal clamp maker to fix it without drilling cutting the bumper plastics in blr
Old 5th November 2013, 21:09   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Oops! That would have hurt quite a lot. My Hella 1000s were stolen in 3 days flat.

Barri nuts are the solution for this. I am NOT sure this can be sourced in India, but we can have it shipped from Canada or something.
Barrinuts should be good theft deterrents, landed cost is not cheap. When i had the Rallye 3003 Compacts i applied Permatex cold weld epoxy resin on the nuts before i tightened them up and when i had to remove it, it took me some time and effort. I had to chisel off the excess epoxy before i could unscrew the nut. So this should work as a theft deterrent too.

I'm getting a set of KC hilites Apollo Pro (because they have unremovable integrated grill guards) driving lamps and i would be either epoxying the nuts or maybe get a spot weld done on the bottom nut for theft deterrence.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2013, 22:13   #252
Senior - BHPian

Did a dry run with the lights mounted on the screws holding the number plate. They tend to get misaligned and move sideways. I think I need to get a clamp from inside the bumper onto which the lights would be fixed. Will get the bumper removed tomorrow to explore the options.
Old 18th November 2013, 11:45   #253
BHPian

Hi guys

I have purchased Comet 500 FF (pair for RS 7400/-) .
I have to install it on my Tata Manza in front of the radiator .
The clamps are already fabricated.
I am planning to bolt the clamps at the top of the Radiator assembly and then the Clamp goes behind/ inside the front grill of the carand then the lamp bolting tip of the clamp just peeps out from the smiley grill( besides TATA logo).
The wiring is ready .
Only final installation left due to a breakdown in the car for which it is service centre.

The advantage with this plan
1) i felt was that the Bimper is still the 1st contact point in case of a small nudge.
2)The Aux lights (Comet 500 FFs are installed at height exactly the same as stock headlights
I also plan to fit the lights only when planning to do night higway drives.
I have planned the wiring in such a way that i have put male female connectors in the wiring just next to the lamps. (these connectors are the same that come in HID KITS)
The plan is to unscrew the lights and keep it in the boot unless any night highway drives is on the cards.

My question to you guys is :

1)Is my choice of lights correct - COMET 500 FF (they have 55w h3 bulbs)
beam pattern as shown on HElla NZ site is driving beam type)
I want visibility to maintain 80-100-110kmph speed on highways in the night
on those highway stretches where you don't have fellow motorists to follow and get guided on the path.
2)Is my plan to unfit and fit the lights frequently (say once a month)
feasible?I don't know how ill i get the beam alignment and focusing right every time i fit & install the lights back.
Old 18th November 2013, 12:37   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

@Madhu, you already have purchased, so you could continue with it

Many of us have the regular Hella 500 FF driving lights, purchased at about 4000 - 4500 for the pair. These give a good beam.

Regarding removing & re-fitting regularly, why do you want to do that ? If you do that. you will have to re-adjust the beam each time you fit it back. I had planned the exact same option like you, but then left the lamps fitted all the time.

Why are you mouting it on the radiator assy ? why not the chassis ? or any cross-member ?
Old 18th November 2013, 12:58   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Madhu, you already have purchased, so you could continue with it

Many of us have the regular Hella 500 FF driving lights, purchased at about 4000 - 4500 for the pair. These give a good beam.

Regarding removing & re-fitting regularly, why do you want to do that ? If you do that. you will have to re-adjust the beam each time you fit it back. I had planned the exact same option like you, but then left the lamps fitted all the time.

Why are you mounting it on the radiator assy ? why not the chassis ? or any cross-member ?
Hi Condor

The plan to remove the lights when no night trips on the plan is due to
1) afraid of theft of the lights
2) afraid of damage due to heavy Mumbai traffics and inconsiderate and to an extent lesser educated rickshaw drivers.
3) I am not sure that how they would look aesthetically on a Manza
(I might get used to that over a period of time but still m not sure due to combination of these 3 points)

About Mounting on radiator assembly. Give me a few days i will try to post some pics of the same which will give you a
fair idea of what my plan was. Then you can pin point specific disadvantages of that type of fixing.

About the beam alignment can you elaborate just a little bit on how difficult it would be if I to do it my self.
Inside me thinks that once I get the hang of it I will be able to do it .
Initially it may seem like a jhanjhat but will get hands set on fitting and beam alignment after initial few Diys.
Your further inputs welcome on this

Also in your case you might be talking about your Sumo with the Hellas which might be going down
well the overall looks.

Also would like to know your experience , does your permanent installation sometimes result in the light fitting getting slightly undone & beam getting off focused after a few long drives due to aerodynamics at high speeds ???
Do you encounter this type of a problem sometimes?

Last edited by madhu33 : 18th November 2013 at 13:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks