Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2010, 18:12   #1
BHPian

Project M800 with F10A swap

Since very long, i had been looking for an engine swap option in my old m800. This being a project car now is only used on weekends or some competitions.

The search began to find a deal and a person who will be able to help me out but being in the not so tuner friendly side of the country i knew most of them
personally, and was suggested sell of the car and it will be a waste of money only.

1 of them asked to leave the car give the money and they will fit on 1.1 of the alto/wagon R, when i asked a few questions, all i got was you will get what you want, HOW is our headache. umm YA RIGHT!

Some didnt seem too interested as the budget was not big,Other "tuners" were over qualified for such work, as they were installing turbo's that can be switched on or off. So that said it all.

At last i landed up at SPEED SPORT, Knew PHIL (the owner) as a rally driver but not much as a tuner. When i asked a few people around about how good he is at his work most of them said "he is just a NEW KID on the block. He hasnt done much work". bla bla. His work shop Hidden is the farms of chattarpur as of now and he is person who does not give AD's in car magzine's seemed quite weird for being a competitor in this delhi tuner scene.

I still went and met him, Saw the work shop and it had rally cars parked and imports that were being repaired, Quite an odd site for a workshop which is so awkwardly located. Made things a little interesting

Anways so the conversation began, I being the ricer boy demanded a 1L or 1.1. So he just said HMM, and then he asked me what is use of the car? I said drag's,autocross, random fun

Then the budget , that i told him gets over in Thousands only as the car's value is as much as a Blackberry bold 2.

He proposed an engine that use to come in the Maruti 1000 and i was like what? That had like 45bhp, thats almost what i already have whats the point! He told me the PRO'S of the engine that i can use the same gear box, with some tweaks that can be done to the engine and it will have more torque. I was told this engine was used in rally cars in 90's and they use to churn out 91bhp, so it had potential that came at a price and under certain conditions. He said it will be better than the existing engine which sounded logical for the price i would pay. Fair enough.

But then i thought if its a 1000cc game why not ZEN. Its more power. So i asked him the same, He took me to the car with an inch tape to measure the space that could be used and he said i can fit anything you say but i will not say it will be as reliable and that it will come at a price what i will not agree on. No come back to that. Also he was keen to change the brakes and suspension stiffening. So he wanted me to save on the cost on FI and rather spend on good tyres etc to make it more Drivable than just powerful because if the suspension and brake's do not support the power delivered it will be a waste again.

I was given test drives in the E-zen carb and the performance was interesting, The torque was the game. I was told what all mods are done to the car and how they are functioning for better understanding
also Another friends zen that was recently done up there,the quality of the work done and performance made it more tempting to give it a shot

After long hours of discussion and negocations, may be he felt i was not convinced enough so he offered to give me the car with my old engine, if i didntt like the performance of what he suggests, Now that confidence had sent me in the thinking process all over again and eventually, i left the car with him.

Work is still on trails,testing and Run-in is being done. More info coming soon

Here are some pic's
Attached Thumbnails
Project M800 with F10A swap-image324.jpg  

Project M800 with F10A swap-image325.jpg  

Project M800 with F10A swap-image326.jpg  

Project M800 with F10A swap-image327.jpg  

Project M800 with F10A swap-image328.jpg  

Project M800 with F10A swap-image361.jpg  

Project M800 with F10A swap-image364.jpg  

Project M800 with F10A swap-image370.jpg  

Project M800 with F10A swap-image374.jpg  

Project M800 with F10A swap-120920102716.jpg  

Project M800 with F10A swap-120920102717.jpg  

Project M800 with F10A swap-120920102713.jpg  

Project M800 with F10A swap-120920102718.jpg  

Project M800 with F10A swap-120920102719.jpg  

Project M800 with F10A swap-120920102720.jpg  

Project M800 with F10A swap-120920102722.jpg  

Project M800 with F10A swap-120920102723.jpg  

Project M800 with F10A swap-120920102728.jpg  

Project M800 with F10A swap-150920102751.jpg  

Project M800 with F10A swap-120920102714.jpg  

Project M800 with F10A swap-140920102735.jpg  

Project M800 with F10A swap-140920102736.jpg  

Project M800 with F10A swap-140920102738.jpg  

Project M800 with F10A swap-45.jpg  

noidaboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2010, 19:02   #2
BANNED

Wow. Thats a great looking Maruti 800.

Alloy wheels are killer.

Congrates
Old 20th September 2010, 19:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

finally our good old friend is back with a new engine. you will never let go of this thing will you??

Interesting mods on this car, the initial run-in stage was good. The car has torque for sure. I am pretty sure it will one great weekend car to drive and have fun with.

Speedsport and phil have always been very silent in the tuner scene here in Delhi, but his cars and projects have always been very interesting to say the least, this should be no exception. I am waiting for this thing to get on the roads so that we can do some runs!!
Old 20th September 2010, 21:33   #4
Senior - BHPian

Ok so now I know whose car is a ****** beater. When Phil works his magic it works !! Only if he is in the mood to make it work !! LOL

Cheerio Phil - so this is the one !!

Rock 'n' roll is what I'd call it & would love to see it do "it's thing" on the speedway !!

All the best.

Cheers
Old 20th September 2010, 21:53   #5
BHPian

Wow your 800 looks amazing. I am sure your weekend is going to be more fun. More info on the engine and photos will be much appreciated.
Old 21st September 2010, 02:43   #6

Suggestion: Get rid of EVERYTHING that says your car is modded. This can be the ULTIMATE sleeper!!
Cyrus43 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2010, 02:53   #7
BHPian

Was looking for something like this, how is the performance and have you dynoed to check the figures and at last how much did it cost ... plz need to get this started asap if the figures sound good to me

Last edited by Technocrat : 21st October 2010 at 02:48. Reason: Please avoid quoting an entire long post specially if its on same page, thanks
Tazzy Boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2010, 03:01   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Wow. Thats a great looking Maruti 800.

Alloy wheels are killer.

Congrates
Thank you finding alloys designs in 114.3 x 13 is a pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
finally our good old friend is back with a new engine. you will never let go of this thing will you??

Interesting mods on this car, the initial run-in stage was good. The car has torque for sure. I am pretty sure it will one great weekend car to drive and have fun with.

Speedsport and phil have always been very silent in the tuner scene here in Delhi, but his cars and projects have always been very interesting to say the least, this should be no exception. I am waiting for this thing to get on the roads so that we can do some runs!!
Its TOO late for it to go. its family now, Yes its all yours when ever you want it. Waiting my self see what all it can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
Wow your 800 looks amazing. I am sure your weekend is going to be more fun. More info on the engine and photos will be much appreciated.
Thank you, and will do soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Suggestion: Get rid of EVERYTHING that says your car is modded. This can be the ULTIMATE sleeper!!
Yes sir, excuse the look for a while. It will get a make over and a paint job soon. Sleeper is what you can expect.
Old 21st September 2010, 12:19   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzy Boy View Post
Was looking for something like this, how is the performance and have you dynoed to check the figures and at last how much did it cost ... plz need to get this started asap if the figures sound good to me
No dyno in delhi, And secondly its not about the fiqures its about the power delivery and in gear response. This car kept up with the swift ddis till 100 (could not take it further). Even if its not fast as lighting its fun. The engine is revving up to 7000rpm already. There are more modifications possibilities left that will be done once the car clocks a few thousand kms.
Old 21st September 2010, 23:06   #10
BHPian

Nice, congrats sanyam. When are we racing??
Old 21st September 2010, 23:17   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_786 View Post
Nice, congrats sanyam. When are we racing??
Umm, NEVER!

BACK FIRE!

Old 22nd September 2010, 00:17   #12
BANNED

Wow... A nice Buildup

But it aint a M-800 anymore.

How practical is this modification.........?

And any side-effects that you've noticed as on date....?
Old 22nd September 2010, 02:08   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Wow... A nice Buildup

But it aint a M-800 anymore.

How practical is this modification.........?

And any side-effects that you've noticed as on date....?
I drove the car around for 3days. All over under various conditions. the swap does not feel as if i have changed anything. Its still OE, Nothing special that i need to take care of. I was very skeptical about how things will go. But its impressive as of now. You cannot tell about the swap until i tell u about it or you feel the power change. No external changes had to be done, No MAJOR alteration had to be done. May be because im using the stock gear box,Dont know if things remain the same if choose an alto 5speed. Will check on that.

Yes the stiff suspension might be a pain to some but for me its more about performance. This car is a learning process for me also. All my life i had heard about swaps etc experiencing it for the 1st time nothing disappointing as such,even the E-ZEN dont feel as if something has been changed.
noidaboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2010, 03:00   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
No dyno in delhi, And secondly its not about the fiqures its about the power delivery and in gear response. This car kept up with the swift ddis till 100 (could not take it further). Even if its not fast as lighting its fun. The engine is revving up to 7000rpm already. There are more modifications possibilities left that will be done once the car clocks a few thousand kms.

7000rpm wow.. and how much did it cost if you dont mind
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:30   #15
BHPian

Good one !

Hi, very nice mod I was a tad disappointed when you'd posted that you'd dropped the planned 1.1 swap in your 800. I've been planning to drop the F10D from my Alto-Vx into my M800 (once I find a bigger engine for the Alto) & I was planning to use your thread as a reference. Good to see that you never let the idea die.

Quote:
I demanded a 1L or 1.1. He proposed an engine that use to come in the Maruti 1000 and i was like what? He told me the PRO'S of the engine that i can use the same gear box
Isn't the F10D the MPFI version of the F10A with a 4-valve-per-cylinder head & MPFI parts ? I'm surprised that the M800 transmission fits the F10A but not the F10D.

Quote:
I was told this engine was used in rally cars in 90's and they use to churn out 91bhp, so it had potential that came at a price and under certain conditions.
91 BHP ! Wow, didn't know this engine had so much potential ! I'm keen to know the mods you're planning for this engine as I guess I can use them too in my Alto-Vx ! Off the top of my head, using F10D parts like the 4-valve head & MPFI should bring power up to ~60 BHP. Standard mechanical mods like a good intake, FFE, porting-&-polishing, increased-compression, a hotter cam, & a bigger bore should give you another 6 to 10 BHP. I'm really hoping you'd be sharing the other mods you're planning for your F10A.

Once again - great swap !

Last edited by im_srini : 22nd September 2010 at 11:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks