Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On modifying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2012, 16:14   #391
Senior - BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car

In my Esteem Vxi, my Michelin XM1 + tyres (175/70/R13) thud into potholes quite badly (the suspensions are in good shape).

Which are the softer tyres that can help reduce this thudding / jarring effect ?
Old 9th July 2012, 14:52   #392

Dear Folks

Need some good advice on tyres here...

I Have a Mahindra Renault Logan 1.6 GLS petrol with 14" alloy wheels which I purchased second hand from a dealer in Bangalore.

The car has done about 50,100kms and currently runs on Yokohama ES100 195/60 R14 tyres. The front tyres are in fairly good condition and as per my estimation can run for another 2000+ kms. But the back tyres have worn out completely. The car tends to wobble a bit in low speeds and when I checked with the mechanic he said that the back tyres are cause of this issue and need to be replaced.

I would like explore other options and manufactures before taking a call. I would like to know what are the various options and the tyre suggested should not effect the performance and mileage of the carApart from that I have the following queries

1. Do I need to replace all four tyres at once or can I do it in stages, replace the back tyres first and then the front.

2. Are imported tyres better than Indian ones? Some Dealers say that Indian tyres are very hard and have issues in handling and overall drive comfort. Imported tyres are much better although the cost 14-20% more...please let me know if it is true ?

It would be great if someone could walk me through the possible options and also the approx pricing
Old 9th July 2012, 15:35   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazyguy View Post
1. Do I need to replace all four tyres at once or can I do it in stages, replace the back tyres first and then the front.

2. Are imported tyres better than Indian ones? Some Dealers say that Indian tyres are very hard and have issues in handling and overall drive comfort. Imported tyres are much better although the cost 14-20% more...please let me know if it is true ?
1. Replacing all four tires together is always a better option.

2. Not completely true. Yokohamas / Michelins are definitely better than most of Indian tires.

Best opitons available in 195/60-14
a) Apollo Aceleres
b) Yokohama A drives
c) Michelin XM1
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2012, 09:55   #394

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
1. Replacing all four tires together is always a better option.

2. Not completely true. Yokohamas / Michelins are definitely better than most of Indian tires.

Best opitons available in 195/60-14
a) Apollo Aceleres
b) Yokohama A drives
c) Michelin XM1

Hi Kpzen...

Many thanks for your response... I happened to read on the net that the production has stopped for the Yokohama ES100 tyres that I have on car ...but one of the dealers I met yesterday said the he would be able to arrange for brand new set of ES100 tyres if I wanted and would cost me Rs.5250/- each...Any idea about the ES100 tyres being stopped ?

Apart from that he was insisting that I can go for continental tyres ( Rs.5600/-) or Bridgestone G3 (Rs.6100/-)... would appreciate if you also could share your inputs on the same.

Apart from Apollo Acelere which you have mentioend I am also looking at MRF ZLO and MRF ZV2K tyres, please do share your thoughts on which one is better..

I am totally confused with so many options available and I am planning to get my tyres changed this weekend so need all the help required in selecting the right one for my car
Old 10th July 2012, 13:43   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Apart from Apollo Acelere which you have mentioend I am also looking at MRF ZLO and MRF ZV2K tyres, please do share your thoughts on which one is better..

I am totally confused with so many options available and I am planning to get my tyres changed this weekend so need all the help required in selecting the right one for my car
I won't comment on ZLO, but have ZV2K on my fiesta right now(stock). Its not worth considering them with so many other(better) options available. They are not too comfortable and get worse towards the end of its life.
Fiest@DuraTec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2012, 14:55   #396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post
I won't comment on ZLO, but have ZV2K on my fiesta right now(stock). Its not worth considering them with so many other(better) options available. They are not too comfortable and get worse towards the end of its life.
thanks for the inputs...have dropped ZV2K from my list now
Old 10th July 2012, 16:28   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Kpzen...

Many thanks for your response... I happened to read on the net that the production has stopped for the Yokohama ES100 tyres that I have on car ...but one of the dealers I met yesterday said the he would be able to arrange for brand new set of ES100 tyres if I wanted and would cost me Rs.5250/- each...Any idea about the ES100 tyres being stopped ?

Apart from that he was insisting that I can go for continental tyres ( Rs.5600/-) or Bridgestone G3 (Rs.6100/-)... would appreciate if you also could share your inputs on the same.

ES100 and G3 were good tires but not worth buying now. Won't advise you.
Both are almost at the end of their life cycle.

MRFs are better to be avoided if you drive on average to good roads.

Choose from the 3 tire options i gave you in my previous post.
Old 11th July 2012, 13:08   #398

Superb article Rehan..
I have some queries:
1) What is stock Tyre?

2) I have Indica and one of the Tyre has a bubble and I need to change it, which one should be good for me? I think 165/R13..

3) Should I change all tyres or should I just swap them?
Old 11th July 2012, 16:04   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk14277 View Post
Superb article Rehan..
I have some queries:
1) What is stock Tyre?

2) I have Indica and one of the Tyre has a bubble and I need to change it, which one should be good for me? I think 165/R13..

3) Should I change all tyres or should I just swap them?
1) By stock, everyone means the tyre which the manufacturer provides with the car. (The ones which come along with the car when you get the delivery).

2) for R13, I have heard good reviews for Apollo Acellere(spell check).

3) It depends on the health of your tyres. If they're all worn out, change them together. If you change one single tyre, the on road behaviour of the other worn out tyres has an affect on the new tyre...it wears out quickly and unproportionately.
If all the other tyres(4) are in good shape, you could consider changing just 1. You could keep the new one as spare and use the older ones in running.

I hope this helps.
Fiest@DuraTec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 07:07   #400

Fiest@Duratec..
Thanks a lot for clarification.
Old 5th September 2012, 20:48   #401
BHPian

Hi guys,

Need some help here. I am looking to upgrade the tyres on my Dzire. I want to upgrade them to the 185 / 70 or 65 / R 14. First pls tell me if it is the right size and if i should choose 70 or 65?

Pls suggest the best tyres that i should go in for. Bridgestone, Michelin and Yokohama were on my radar. Also what is the difference between Yokohama A drive and C drive?
Old 10th September 2012, 10:38   #402

Renault Pulse - Tyre Upgrading

A week before I bought a new Renault Pulse RXL. I am thinking about upgrading the tyre from 165/70/R14 to 195/60/R15 with new alloys (R15). Any idea if this will cause any problems for Pulse??
Old 10th September 2012, 11:07   #403
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Pulse - Tyre Upgrading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titto View Post
A week before I bought a new Renault Pulse RXL. I am thinking about upgrading the tyre from 165/70/R14 to 195/60/R15 with new alloys (R15). Any idea if this will cause any problems for Pulse??
Better to get 195/55-15 for Pulse.

Here's a link of Pulse running with 195/55-15.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...t-pulse-2.html
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2012, 11:19   #404

Re: Renault Pulse - Tyre Upgrading

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Better to get 195/55-15 for Pulse.

Here's a link of Pulse running with 195/55-15.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...t-pulse-2.html
Company alloy with tyre is 175/60/R15 and what I have in my mind is 195/60/R15. So there will be a change in dimension. Is it cause any problem in performance?? (i guess for swift 195/60R15 is ok but no idea abt pulse)
Old 13th September 2012, 23:43   #405

HI I'm planing to upsize my tyres on the THAR request help.Dont wanna sped a bomb but have just bought the vehicle so can exchange the original ones.Can i pt the 17 inch ones too?Or just maintain the 16 ones.I'm wanting the wide look,at the same time not going too much off track as will be offroading often.

Thanx,

Karan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks