Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:09   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Project Yamaha Rx

@ The Great
If I were you, I would drop the RXG, RX 135 etc from the list and include the Shogun and Shaolin. My choice would be as follows;

1) Yamaha RX 100

2) Suzuki Shogun

3) Suzuki Shaolin.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2011, 19:06   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
@ The Great
If I were you, I would drop the RXG, RX 135 etc from the list and include the Shogun and Shaolin. My choice would be as follows;

1) Yamaha RX 100

2) Suzuki Shogun

3) Suzuki Shaolin.

Shaolin

Shogun is legendary,

Rx 100 is God

But what i have studied here is that Rx 135 has a lot of capabilities of modifications that are amazing. Its like a canvas, you could mould it to high performance machine or get it back to stock condition and it will make u happy undoubtedly.

Shogun's parts are more rare than Rd or better uranium (lol).
Old 3rd May 2011, 20:09   #33
BHPian

The great - rather than confusing yourself with so many options, give this number a call 9664854346, he has an RX for 12k.

If available and in running condition, pick it up and begin your restoration. Remember, what you lose in an extra cog, you gain in longer gearing, so be open to 4s too...

Otherwise, there's a 100 for 18 (I think)... 9833270745

All the best.
DevilsOwn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2011, 12:51   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsOwn View Post
The great - rather than confusing yourself with so many options, give this number a call 9664854346, he has an RX for 12k.

If available and in running condition, pick it up and begin your restoration. Remember, what you lose in an extra cog, you gain in longer gearing, so be open to 4s too...
All the best.

Omg, i have already contacted him before u via some website, he is based in andheri and the bike is RXG, i believe his name is Abdul. What a co incidence that i have already spoke to him, but thanks anyways sir.

Am supposed to meet him today.

Last edited by The Great : 4th May 2011 at 12:54.
Old 4th May 2011, 19:08   #35
BHPian

All the best!

Do get some pics and details of the machine, we could probably then begin the dissection pre restoration!
Old 5th May 2011, 20:32   #36
BHPian

Quote:
All the best!

Do get some pics and details of the machine, we could probably then begin the dissection pre restoration!

Saw his bike but its not worth a penny. the whole bike is rattling rusty. Totally crap... sighh

Still waiting patiently to get a decent one.
Old 5th May 2011, 23:44   #37
BHPian

That's sad (figured as much considering the price). Still, dont lose hope, sooner or later the right one is bound to come around!

Let me know if you're open to the option of outstation bikes with an NOC, can look around here, there's bound to be a few (if you're serious about your project that is!)
Old 6th May 2011, 10:30   #38
BHPian

Quote:
That's sad (figured as much considering the price). Still, dont lose hope, sooner or later the right one is bound to come around!

Let me know if you're open to the option of outstation bikes with an NOC, can look around here, there's bound to be a few (if you're serious about your project that is!)

Of course sir i am dead serious about the Yamaha.

outstation bikes are not a problem for me, also it costs some 4,000/- for passing, roadtax, octroi and what not, to get it registered in mumbai. I totally want to be legal so would pay whatever is the procedure.

Let me know if there are any.
Old 6th May 2011, 14:34   #39
BHPian

I have a RX 100 95 model which was lying in my garage for the last 7 odd years.

Recently a friend of mine suggested to take it out and get it into working order.

Condition was: Tires deflated, Rim Rusted, underside of the seat rusted, no battery. Brakes Jammed, accelerator wire jammed and a whole lot more.

I got some petrol and tried starting it and after 10 mins it purred like a animal. Damn it sounds good. So i spend around 4000 rs on it and got into running condition. Now it is being used by an employee of my Friend's company and he has told me that every other day when he is ridding the bike he gets a query about if he wants to sell The Bike to which he says "Hell NO"
Old 7th May 2011, 00:41   #40
BHPian

Hhhmm. Will hunt around and let you know, there's bound to be a few lying around.
Old 9th May 2011, 16:36   #41
BHPian

I have 1994 RX-100, its mostly unused, after more than 4 years I got it serviced.
It needed just a regular - wash,oil, electrical check and tyre change to get it in running condition.
The service station mechanic started calling me to make sale and offered 22K.
The bike is run about 45K KMs and is mostly in stock condition.
I dont intend to sale mine, but this should give you a good idea about going rate for RX-100.
shyaGO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2011, 12:15   #42
BHPian

This is the bike i saw yesterday.

The guy is quoting 30,000/- - 4 SPEED 1998 RXZ
NEW BLOCK, NEW PISTONS, ALL ALLENKEY BOLTS AND ALL PLATED TO ANTI CORROSION. MUMBAI REGISTERED. R1 TYRES 17 INCH FRONT AND BACK. NEW PAINT AND BIKE LOOKS NEAT.

DROVE THE BIKE AND ITS IN AWESOME CONDITION.

NEW BLOCK AND PISTONS HAVE BEEN INSTALLED AND THE ENGINE HAS DONE 2100 KMS AFTER THAT.

IS IT WORTH IT. ??
Attached Thumbnails
Project Yamaha Rx-58650_1998yamaharxz4speedexcellentconditionyamaharxz.jpg  

Old 11th May 2011, 12:19   #43
Senior - BHPian

^^ If it is in PERFECT condition, worth it. I was casually talking to a neighborhood mechanic yesterday, who has bought and restored a RXZ for his use. It cost him a total of Rs 45000.00. But it is in showroom condition now.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2011, 12:57   #44
BHPian

I recently restored my 1998 Rx 135 4speed. Repainted, chromed, block pistons, many other things are replaced. It cost me 22K.

I suggest that you dont believe the owner about the history and all claims that it doesnt need a penny to be spent. Judge the bike on as-is-where-is condition and be prepared to spend a bit based on your judgement. Dont be shocked if you later realise that its running on an up-size piston.

The picture looks neat. If you liked riding it then at this price it is a steal IMO. And, if he has quoted 30K, then may be you could also fancy some price reduction

EDIT: I thought you were keen for 5 speeds

Last edited by benzinblut : 11th May 2011 at 12:58. Reason: See Edit
benzinblut is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2011, 13:02   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
I recently restored my 1998 Rx 135 4speed. Repainted, chromed, block pistons, many other things are replaced. It cost me 22K.

I suggest that you dont believe the owner about the history and all claims that it doesnt need a penny to be spent. Judge the bike on as-is-where-is condition and be prepared to spend a bit based on your judgement. Dont be shocked if you later realise that its running on an up-size piston.

The picture looks neat. If you liked riding it then at this price it is a steal IMO. And, if he has quoted 30K, then may be you could also fancy some price reduction

EDIT: I thought you were keen for 5 speeds
yes i am still keen on 5 speeds but the condition of this bike is such that i have really fallen for it.

can upgrade it to a 5 speed later isnt it?. stock 5 speeds are way too costly though,

the above bike isnt running on any oversize and the engine is new with block and pistons replaced in december.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks