Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2011, 13:08   #61
BHPian

Re: Project Yamaha Rx

just to add some spice to this thread !! did anyone attempted to build a RXZ on a RX135 chasiss ? how difficult it is . reason being the heavy price people are asking for RXZ.s and the difficulty in finding one
Old 15th May 2011, 13:41   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgev View Post
just to add some spice to this thread !! did anyone attempted to build a RXZ on a RX135 chasiss ? how difficult it is . reason being the heavy price people are asking for RXZ.s and the difficulty in finding one
I've seen one a mechanic's bike.
Build was good, but the paint scheme spoiled everything, bright yellow + Black

BTW coming back to the topic, 'The Great', where are the snaps dear?

Last edited by Mr.Boss : 15th May 2011 at 13:42.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2011, 21:03   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgev View Post

You wont believe this... i was just getting curious for the same thing last night.

I enquired for the total rebuild to RXZ, but to my horror the whole conversion cost comes up to around Rs 55,000/-.

And moreso, why change the breed ! (the statement makes sense after the estimate lol)
Old 15th May 2011, 21:06   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
I've seen one a mechanic's bike.
Build was good, but the paint scheme spoiled everything, bright yellow + Black

BTW coming back to the topic, 'The Great', where are the snaps dear?

Sorry for the delay, the snaps are taken impromptu as i took the delivery. Will post better pics soon but here are a few.
Attached Thumbnails
Project Yamaha Rx-yamaha-135.jpg  

Project Yamaha Rx-y.jpg  

Old 15th May 2011, 21:13   #65
BHPian

Mods Pls Edit My Thread Reference Quote From Project Yamaha To ... Edit Acquired 2000 Rx 135
Old 16th May 2011, 00:38   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Sorry for the delay, the snaps are taken impromptu as i took the delivery. Will post better pics soon but here are a few.
Congrats 'The Great'
Looks good in shape.
Please get the OEM seat. The current one spoils her beauty.
Old 16th May 2011, 00:43   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Congrats 'The Great'
Looks good in shape.
Please get the OEM seat. The current one spoils her beauty.

The current set up will stay as is, for 3 months i will be on total hunt for the spares. Then the bike will go for full rebuild.
Old 16th May 2011, 00:51   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The current set up will stay as is, for 3 months i will be on total hunt for the spares. Then the bike will go for full rebuild.
That's great & all the very best for your project
Old 16th May 2011, 02:50   #69
BHPian

hey this is good news! Just saw the thread!

Congrats and all the best!!!
DevilsOwn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2011, 14:09   #70
BHPian

The Rdd Cdi and the whole kit is on its way.. So the first step in buying parts has started.

Ok can someone put light on the Digital Speedo. I am keen on installing a digital speedometer on the bike. Which one (if it can be installed) would suit the best. If not why?.
Old 17th May 2011, 15:23   #71
BHPian

Hi yaar, your effort and time spent in search of a bike came with a fruitful result. RDD CDI is worth the money and you will enjoy the bike once its set up. Did you buy the 100/90 kit as well with that the advantage being the coil plate that comes with 100/90 kit has the facility to adjust the timing rather than drilling holes in the RX135 stock coil plate.

My 2 cents will be like do all the work which can cause scratches and marks in the bikes cosmetics, then once you get the feel like its running as per what you want a RX has to do, then you can get it dismantled and painted and plated. This includes all the engine work as well if necessary. In that time you can sort out the spares required for your restoration as well.

Regarding the digital speedo, i have seen a product called Veypor. This contains both speedo and rpm with the gear shift indicator and all. This being used by one of my friend in bangalore which is very easy to set up and small and convenient that you can carry it when you park the bike anywhere for long time as well. Its costly can be procured only thru some of your friends from US Veypor - Motorcycle Performance Intelligence . Dont know whether its available locally in India

Once again congrats and love to see a good RX back to its glory...All the best
jayakrishnan_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2011, 16:15   #72
BHPian

I am making a list of replaceable's and installable's for my new found love... Its like a courtship period for me (lol) till the full rebuild.

I showed to 3 friends (yamaha Rx owners) and also to 2 mechanics, kurla and sion... all of them are so much positive about the engine that no one suggests me to do any mods to the engine. All of them sweared me not to touch the engine, except for sandblasting and paint. (somehow that boosts my happiness with the engine compliments)

Apart from that i am keen on doing the following and the process of acquiring them has begun:

1. RDD Cdi Kit with 100/90 kit.
2. 4 Speed half Catcon. (love the looks of a catcon)
3. Digital Speedo with Tacho.)
4. RD Handlebar.
5. Michellien M45's front and rear.
6. Gas Shocks rear.
7. New Stock Seat.
8. Paint job. (have an excellent painter here)
9. Side Scoops.
10. Front headlight (dont know which one would suit with bikes persona for the 100/90)
11. Front Forks and chassis thru. (if i get brand new would do that first)
12. Quick Throttle.
13. Allenkey bolts (full set, will plate them or if possible will but ss)
14. Wheel Rims (i am ok with alloys or spokes both, but the tubeless set up goes only with alloys so will have to hunt for alloys) (do suggest)

pls put your inputs sirs for the same if i am missing any important parts. I am soooooo excited

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th May 2011 at 17:13. Reason: Strictly no external links for smilie's etc. Also limit to 2 smilie per post. Thanks
Old 17th May 2011, 16:33   #73
BHPian

Quote:
I am making a list of replaceable's and installable's for my new found love... Its like a courtship period for me (lol) till the full rebuild.

I showed to 3 friends (yamaha Rx owners) and also to 2 mechanics, kurla and sion... all of them are so much positive about the engine that no one suggests me to do any mods to the engine. All of them sweared me not to touch the engine, except for sandblasting and paint. (somehow that boosts my happiness with the engine compliments)
Good then leave the engine as such and only thing to do is paint the engine side covers. Personally i would advise the engine to be kept at your home when the painting and plating happens and you know the reason and lot of other posts in the forum.

Apart from that i am keen on doing the following and the process of acquiring them has begun:

1. RDD Cdi Kit with 100/90 kit. good choice
2. 4 Speed half Catcon. (love the looks of a catcon. To an extent it acts as a chamber due to restriction in the flow
3. Digital Speedo with Tacho. ( )
4. RD Handlebar.
5. Michellien M45's front and rear. good choice
6. Gas Shocks rear.
7. New Stock Seat.
8. Paint job. (have an excellent painter here) Lucky you
9. Side Scoops.
10. Front headlight (dont know which one would suit with bikes persona for the 100/90). If you buy the headlight reflector of the eicher mitsubishi minibus and its bulb holder then it will be a perfect fit inside the dome and ring of the stock RX135 headlight and also the holder you get for mitsubishi can hold the 100/90 bulb as well.
11. Front Forks and chassis thru. (if i get brand new would do that first). Make sure that the chassis and black coloured parts like t-stem, swing arm, foot rest holders, etc to be sandblasted and going for the painting or powder coating on the same day. Mumbai being coastal area salty weather can affect the metal as when you do sand blasting it will expose the bare metal. Try to do powder coating which will be looking even. Also try to get the front fork assembly of Gladiator and front disc and hub of yamaha fazer(cant remember sorry) to get the front disc set up. If you are doing the inner fork tube reconditioning and trueing always its not necessary to come out well and the efficiency of the hydraulic press and all matters.
12. Quick Throttle.
13. Allenkey bolts (full set, will plate them or if possible will but ss). Good option
14. Wheel Rims (i am ok with alloys or spokes both, but the tubeless set up goes only with alloys so will have to hunt for alloys) (do suggest). IF you want the stock look try to retain the wired look.

pls put your inputs sirs for the same if i am missing any important parts. I am soooooo excited
I have inputted my comments in bold above

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th May 2011 at 17:14. Reason: Removing external smilies from quote post. Thanks
jayakrishnan_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 12:01   #74
BANNED

Get high compression RDD head as well along with RDD filter and jet kit, that's known as basic "Stock" RDD treatment over here, worth spending.
What about putting disc break on front may be RXZ complete front if you can source one or the Gladiator unit.
Don't put 90 or 100W halogen as best will be 55/60W halogen, not good to use the 100/90 dynamo as its full potential its somehow like riding bike always at WOT. Use Swaraj Mazda dome perfect fitting and no issue of melting down of reflector.
Ajaybiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 10:44   #75

First of of all congrats on your acquisition.

I agree with Ajay biz above, it would be great to add RDD stock kit, along with RDD CDI Kit. From the Pictures you have posted above the best thing you can do is to get the stock rims chromed, pick eicher or swaraj mazda's dome for good dome for your bike.
karu_mys is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks