Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2011, 19:37   #31
BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 250R - Initial Ownership Review

Hey guys, congrats to both of you! That bike is AWESOME. One look at the ad that was released and I was like Tom (as in Cartoon character) looking at his wannabe girl. I have been reading so much reviews that with the exception of not having seen the bike in flesh, I know all about how she behaves. Thanks to the forum.

Now I have a query (which is rather quite important for a village-dweller like myself), does the CBR250 run on 91 Octane fuel only like the Ninja? I know this could sound stupid but I can't take any risk since my place is thankful its got any petrol now, let alone high octane

Cherio
Champion
Old 26th May 2011, 21:02   #32
BHPian

took a TD today. i'm a wee bit disappointed. the quality isn't anywhere near Ninja 250. for eg. the brake/clutch lever are flimsy.
ride quality as well, the suspension was too stiff in my opinion. even the handle bars were a bit stiff. there definitely quality difference between this and the baby ninja.
Old 26th May 2011, 23:17   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Since the bike does not come with a main stand or center stand, i use the car jack and it works very well.

Just place the side stand onto a flat wooden block which is no more than 2 inches high. Place a thin wooden piece under the monoshock and over the car's jack. Work the jack and the rear wheel will rise a bit from the ground. You can then clean the chain, wheels, etc.

Saves a few grand which would be otherwise spent on a rear race stand.
Can we have a picture of the same in your thread? It shall be of immense help.

Thanks
Old 27th May 2011, 11:49   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Sure. Will take a few pics/a video over the weekend and post them up.

I was initially inclined to buy a rear race stand and prices varied between 5k and 8k depending on the brand. Glad i wasn't hasty.

Last edited by n_aditya : 27th May 2011 at 11:50.
Old 27th May 2011, 22:05   #35
BHPian

Congrats to both of you on your CBR 250R. I too TDed the same today. Being a bullet guy (& 6 footer) I also had problem adjusting to the riding position.

The Ride: The showroom was kind enough to let me take it for a slightly longish test ride - around 2 /3 kms. Here are my initial impressions. I TDed a Combi ABS model. Brakes are very confidence inspiring. So are the tyres I guess. Correct me if I am wrong but Combi ABS means if I press the rear brake lever the front brake also get engaged. I tried it in slow speeds but was not able to make out so I used both the brakes. Suspension is comfy on bad roads with showroom guy as pillion. Tried leaning but not able to test it properly due to traffic conditions. Intial pickup is good but not WOW. Less torque I guess. Engine felt rough and noisy (In Honda standards). I revved it to 5000 rpm and 4th gear only. Need to raise the handle bar by 1 / 1.5 inches to be ergonomically comfy. But I had to keep hunting for the gear and brake lever. They are too small (short) and deep inside. I guess its about getting adjusting to it.

The Looks: In flesh it looks and feel much smaller than the photos (ads). I was hoping it will be bit bigger. In fact ZMA feels bigger than CBR. The digital info (except kmph) in speedo is too small to read while riding. The whole console can be 30% bigger. The RPM meter too is cluttered too. May be all the displays looks good at night. No main stand. Why? I foresee 2 problems - wheel changing and parking in public places. The rear wheel felt too exposed, dunno how much water will be splashed when riding over water.

I guess I will TD a Ninja before deciding on CBR
rockyb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2011, 22:55   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Thank you sir. I could not resist the temptation of switching to a faster saddle as against the relaxed comfort offered by the Bull.

Yes, I did get a very good deal and a fantastic owner for my CL 350.
Whoa. Traded a Classic 350 for a CBR250? A definite indicator of the CBR's desirability factor, I think. Congrats on the new ride! Have fun mantrig!
Old 30th May 2011, 14:50   #37
BHPian

Help wanted: Trouble getting a test ride in Pune

Hey guys,

I am a potential buyer of this bike. But want to take a test ride before I take my final decision. I live in Pune and none of the major Honda dealers (B U Bhandari, Kothari wheels and Pashankar Auto) have been able to offer me a test ride of the CBR. Is there any reason for this? does it not make sense to take a test ride?

Has anybody faced this issue in Pune? Any advice is welcome
Old 30th May 2011, 21:13   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

Thanks
Hi,
Got/ getting one? Siliguri or Patna?

Regards
Sutripta
Old 30th May 2011, 23:06   #39
Team-BHP Support

@Sutripta - No
Was asking Adi as I would have saved Rs. 1,500 on R15's paddock stand and for future reference.

CBR-250R is being displayed at the newly opened outlet at my place.(No more sweat) Though had checked it out earlier at Siliguri and it appeared big.

Believe me, the CBR has put forward such a damn VFM option that even those guys who can afford the green 250-R are having double thoughts.

Me? I am waiting for a 600F. I won't outright buy it, but then I shall think about it.
Old 31st May 2011, 01:15   #40
BHPian

Congratulations MantriG

I have been regular reader of your thread. Its good to get feedback from the owners of a newly launched bike.

I have bboked mine with Pashankar, Pune in first week of feb but no signs of delivery. I called up & they said they will have the test ride bike by 1st or 2nd june. lets see.

The sales guy asked me to pay full amount & wait for another 1.5 months. I told him I will pay after 1.5 mnths when my bike arrives

Guys any idea when 2nd batch coming?

Also, MantriG pls PM me the emaild IDs of Honda corporate as I want to bring this up to them.
Old 31st May 2011, 11:38   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

Regarding getting the bike back to its original shine after a rain ride, it takes me almost 2 hrs (for a detailed wash, wax job, chain cleaning, chain lubrication etc.). Always ensure that the chain is clean and well lubed. You can use Motul Chain Clean and Motul Chain Lube. I would recommend you use a toothbrush dipped in diesel to clean the chain. Brush the diesel soaked toothbrush onto the chain and wipe off the grime with a cloth (ensure its a lint free cloth with no loose threads that can entangle in the chain). This works very well, better than the Motul Chain Clean. Leave aside for sometime and then spray the lube while turning the rear wheel. Let the lube seep into the links and wait for at least a few hours before riding or the lube will fly away onto the wheel due to centrifugal forces.

Since the bike does not come with a main stand or center stand, i use the car jack and it works very well.

Just place the side stand onto a flat wooden block which is no more than 2 inches high. Place a thin wooden piece under the monoshock and over the car's jack. Work the jack and the rear wheel will rise a bit from the ground. You can then clean the chain, wheels, etc.

Saves a few grand which would be otherwise spent on a rear race stand.
Thanks a lot for the details can you please post a picture of using the car jack to lift the Ninja? Also where did you buy the jack from? Cost, Details Please.
Old 31st May 2011, 14:48   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
Also where did you buy the jack from? Cost, Details Please.
Since he has a car already, it would have been part of the tool kit in the car. So i doubt if he got it separately for the bike from outside. Furthermore Aditya can confirm.
Old 31st May 2011, 16:39   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
Thanks a lot for the details can you please post a picture of using the car jack to lift the Ninja? Also where did you buy the jack from? Cost, Details Please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Since he has a car already, it would have been part of the tool kit in the car. So i doubt if he got it separately for the bike from outside. Furthermore Aditya can confirm.
I use the jack from my esteem or from my M800. Any car's jack will work.

Will post a few pics or a video clip soon.
Old 31st May 2011, 19:21   #44
BHPian

@n_aditya & abhinav.s

I was under the impression it was something like one of those easy lift ones. The one which came with my car is a pain to use as it keeps slipping out.

I thought you had used something like this
Hand operated Hydraulic Bottle CAR Jack 3 ton - LEO | eBay

Thanks for clarifying though. Post the pic.
Old 31st May 2011, 23:32   #45
BHPian

Hi guys! What a superb write up by Mantrig.. absolutely nailed right on the head.. a wonderful review of the quarter litre Baby.I took delivery of my Baby CBR from Sai Point Thane on the 24th. The best of dealers I have come across. My 10yr old is damn crazy about bikes and this one was a surprise for him. Infact the whole sales team there was involved in the lil’ surprise that we had for him…

On the same day we cloaked 20kms in Thane city! The ride quality, riding position and the overall riding experience was neat. The attention my red bike generated was gratifying to say the least …. The only thing that had me worried was the rising temp. which shot up to H and the slight pain in my wrist this made me log on to check if anybody else had a similar experience….

Mantrig’s superb review erased all my doubts and had me at ease… after the detailed discussions on the forum I have nothing more to add but the pics of my red stunning beauty….

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri] Honda CBR 250R - Initial Ownership Review-dsc01424-copy.jpg[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Honda CBR 250R - Initial Ownership Review-dsc01399.jpg[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Honda CBR 250R - Initial Ownership Review-dsc01397.jpg[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Honda CBR 250R - Initial Ownership Review-dsc01429.jpg[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Honda CBR 250R - Initial Ownership Review-dsc01437.jpg[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Honda CBR 250R - Initial Ownership Review-dsc01419.jpg[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Honda CBR 250R - Initial Ownership Review-dsc01411.jpg [/FONT][/SIZE]

Last edited by digamber_yadav : 31st May 2011 at 23:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks