Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2011, 09:42   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig

Will pm you once I have more clarity.

@Sids911 - Please refer to the following thread for the PDI checklist, should be very helpful for you - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...cbr250r-2.html

Mods - Want to merge these two threads, however not sure where we can post the request for the same.
Thanks Mantrig, i couldnt find the PDI checklist in that thread. Can that checklist be pasted here?
Old 8th July 2011, 22:18   #92
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 250R - Initial Ownership Review

With mantrig's permission, I am hijacking the thread. We are brother's of our beloved sister, CBR 250

Took the bike to office today, so I could test the bike in severe traffic conditions. Please note that I have not taken the bike above 5k rpm as it is in run in. Here are some observations:

Pluses
  1. The broad seat gives good support and space to move. I have found the comfortable riding position with hands bend a little. I do not have any wrist pain or body pain. A long ride is required to judge comfort from a touring perspective.
  2. Headlight is good.
  3. Suspension is on the softer side, so ride comfort is very good. Just increase the speed and glide when you see potholes. I am very happy as ride comfort is very important for me. Because of the soft suspension, there is a front suspension dive under sudden braking.
  4. Good low end and awesome mid range makes it a pleasure in city.
  5. The bike feels lightweight, so easy to point and shoot when you see a gap.
  6. The digital display looks good and is easy to read.
Minuses
  1. Not smooth (by honda standards) in initial gears, hope it will be better after run in.
  2. Seat upholstery, Foot pegs, silver panels etc are not upto the mark. I find it much better than the initial lot of bikes.
PatienceWins is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 02:11   #93
BHPian

@PatienceWins

Really nice to the point review

One request; can we have lots and lots of pics!

Furebo
Old 11th July 2011, 16:34   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
With mantrig's permission, I am hijacking the thread. We are brother's of our beloved sister, CBR 250

Took the bike to office today, so I could test the bike in severe traffic conditions. Please note that I have not taken the bike above 5k rpm as it is in run in. Here are some observations:

Minuses
  1. Not smooth (by honda standards) in initial gears, hope it will be better after run in.

Don't worry, the gear shift will get a lot more smoother with sane running-in and post 1st Service and oil change.
  2. Seat upholstery, Foot pegs, silver panels etc are not upto the mark. I find it much better than the initial lot of bikes.

I agree, with you on this part. The finishing could have been a lot better and there is a lot of scope for improvement on this front.

The rubber on my front foot rest already seems to be giving way.

Thank you for the sweet initial impression. As you ride more, there will be lots on thoughts which will cross your mind.

Do keep us posted on your experience and inputs.

Cost of hijacking the thread = Loads of pictures

It's indeed a beautiful product by Honda, except for some small niggles/quality issues.

Ride safe!!!
mantrig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 12:06   #95
BHPian

Have yet to see how the damaged radiators fins look, Mantrig please try to take out some time and get us those pics as it will immensely help in new CBR PDI's .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
As you ride more, there will be lots on thoughts which will cross your mind.
Very well said buddy; You too keep posting here.
Old 13th July 2011, 22:42   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
Have yet to see how the damaged radiators fins look, Mantrig please try to take out some time and get us those pics as it will immensely help in new CBR PDI's .
Hello Furebo,

I sincerely apologize for the delay. I have been kept too busy with some assignment in office and get back home only post 2:00am in the morning that too just to use the bed.

Unfortunately, on the weekend rains kept me away from the bike. Will try to click some pics at the earliest and share them here.

Thank you for your patience and understanding Brother.
mantrig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 20:56   #97
Senior - BHPian

Rim Bent

I hit a pothole at 75-80 kmph last week during a night ride. I did not see the pothole as it was covered with water after rain. I could not find any issues when I inspected the bike right then. I found a slight bend at the bead area of front alloy wheel yesterday. The wheel did not crack as the impact is where the spoke meets the rim. I have submitted form to claim insurance.

I am not much bothered about the delay as the vehicle is running perfectly fine and there is no air loss from tire.

Be careful with potholes. The alloy does not seem to be strong.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 18th July 2011 at 20:57.
Old 18th July 2011, 21:04   #98
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rim Bent

Quote:
Be careful with potholes.
Wow how big/deep was the pothole? By the looks of many threads on the baby ceeber people are indeed facing issues with the famed Honda Quality!!!
Rust, Engine Seizure and now a bent wheel...
Old 18th July 2011, 21:16   #99
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rim Bent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Wow how big/deep was the pothole? By the looks of many threads on the baby ceeber people are indeed facing issues with the famed Honda Quality!!!
Rust, Engine Seizure and now a bent wheel...
It was not deep, but the front wheel hit right at the edge of the pothole. I was within 5k rpm (75-80 kmph) as I am in run in. I think the impact was higher because the front soft suspension bottomed out. As per the service center, it would have definitely cracked if the impact was at a place where the spoke does not meet the rim. I am not impressed with the quality of alloy.

I am in love with the bike and would have preferred Honda to charge more instead of compromising on quality. I think the current strategy by Honda will backfire unless they take remedial measures to improve quality.
Old 18th July 2011, 21:17   #100
Senior - BHPian

Lovely, handsome looking bikes and great review! This one seems to be a keeper.
Old 18th July 2011, 21:31   #101
Senior - BHPian

I went for a ride to Krishnagiri dam last week. I took the bike to 6k rpm for very short durations and really loved it. I cannot wait for the run in to be over.

I have removed the front number plate with holder and got the number pasted on windscreen. It looks much better now, will post a picture of the current look later.

Please note that the pictures were taken when the bike was stationary, that is why I am not wearing a helmet.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CBR 250R - Initial Ownership Review-283439_1656494152244_1833821731_1088801_1630659_n.jpg  

Honda CBR 250R - Initial Ownership Review-285125_1837325379719_1438021792_31584567_184950_n.jpg  

PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 22:12   #102
BHPian

Quote:
I went for a ride to Krishnagiri dam last week. I took the bike to 6k rpm for very short durations and really loved it. I cannot wait for the run in to be over.

I have removed the front number plate with holder and got the number pasted on windscreen. It looks much better now, will post a picture of the current look later.
Nice pics there, sporting the entire riding gear.

You will start loving the bike more as you are through with the first service. Krishnagiri dam is a great place. I am not sure how far it would be for you, but you should try a ride to Radhanagri Dam (Near Nipani). I guess it is the Maharashtra-Karnataka Border and believe me, that was one hell of a place.

And yes, look forward to the pictures post losing the # plate and moving on to the sticker on windscreen.
Old 29th July 2011, 16:20   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Hello Naveen,

Just to answer your questions :-

Luggage/Saddle Bags :- I don't think Cramster's Colt would go well with CBR 250R. Though I haven't tried them, the reason I say this is only because their website claims that Colt is not suitable for Yamaha Fazer/FZ16. Source:- Cramster® - India's Favourite Riding Gear and Motorcycle Luggage: Saddlebags Tankbags Jackets Gloves for Touring Racing Motocross on Royal Enfield Pulsar Bajaj Karizma

I will call their customer support over the next couple of days and update you accordingly. However, I feel Turtle should be a good bet or any other tank bag. I personally am not much in the favor of tank bags as they end up scratching the paint if any granules are caught between the magnet and the tank. However, if used with a layer of soft cloth between the tank and bag they are way better.
Update Regarding Colts :

Cramster colts can be used flawlessly on the CBR.

See pics attached
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CBR 250R - Initial Ownership Review-colt-1.jpg  

Honda CBR 250R - Initial Ownership Review-colt2.jpg  

Honda CBR 250R - Initial Ownership Review-colt-3.jpg  

vibsvibes is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2011, 19:53   #104
Senior - BHPian

That's nice. I just sold my Cramster stallion saddle bag. I am confused whether to go for Cramster Colt or Rjays Tail bag. I am not very keen on cramster colt as the side silver panels can get easily scratched.
Old 29th July 2011, 22:22   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibsvibes View Post
Update Regarding Colts :

Cramster colts can be used flawlessly on the CBR.

See pics attached
Wow!!!

You have solved my problem, I should be ordering mine soon. Thanks a ton.

BTW, I just noticed the heat shield from the exhaust missing. Is it on purpose or something else? Apart from that, how do the colts hold against rains? I know they are not water proof but once you start riding after the rains have stopped, how dirty do they tend to get (by muck splashed from rear rubber) and how easy/tedious is getting them clean again.

Quote:
That's nice. I just sold my Cramster stallion saddle bag. I am confused whether to go for Cramster Colt or Rjays Tail bag. I am not very keen on cramster colt as the side silver panels can get easily scratched.
Won't using a cloth or PPF application on the Silver side panels be helpful?

Also, post-monsoons I might be getting the silver panels getting painted Black. Am considering that option for now and not completely sure. Had seen a full black CBR in the states and it looks terrific.

My only worry is the paint quality here. Am getting it executed from the A.S.S. only, hopefully.

Let me know your thoughts. Planning something on these lines.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CBR 250R - Initial Ownership Review-2011hondacbr250r2_1600x0w.jpg  

Last edited by mantrig : 29th July 2011 at 22:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks