Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2016, 20:39   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 250R vs Enfield Classic 500/350

If time and finance permits own both. All said and done the smug value of a bullet will never be achieved with any of the 150cc bikes. In fact as a utility a hero honda splendor is 1000 times better than bullet.

Bullet value is not measured by the cruising speed. Its a package and its an image as well.The reason i said both is because one is simply to enjoy a ride the other is to cover more distance in time. Two contrasting style, engine and ride characteristics. And if you bring VFM, none beats the KTM390. PERIOD.

No matter what your ride in this price range, the bullet will always be a head turner no matter where you are and its just a classic feeling. No modern machines will give that value in India.

Interestingly there are lot of new models that has come out. Check out the the auto show threads and there are some interesting bikes at interesting price range. Modern looks, classic engines and new companies.

Even today i take more pleasure riding the bull in 4th gear simply hearing the hollow thump. Ganesan - its not just a perceptional value. I will say its the traditional value and what the bullet represented years back. In India even an harley will not get the wow factor than a bullet. The harley is too blingy to have that classic feel and my dad always likes his ride in my bullet than any other bikes.
Old 15th February 2016, 11:26   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I can come only to one conclusion. The REs sell purely on perceived aspirational value as a lifestyle product, nothing more. The CBR 250R is a lot more VFM any day, but I am yet to get a TD from Lodha Honda on it, though they promised to call me when a TD bike was ready, almost five months back. I am still waiting for their call!
Gansan sir, I told you already...when you need anything with CPR, just ping me. Its no point waiting on lousy Lodha; or you simply visit JSP Aminjikarai & give me a call, I'll put you with no nonsense people who call a spade a spade with CBR 250R. You can then derive your own conclusions.

And...if you're used to Japanese product...trust me, either you should move towards EU or stick with Japanese. May be Korean, but still, the refinement, engineering, practicality, quality along with the price can never be matched with any Japanese products.

Some have addiction towards RE or HD for that matter, its a choice they take to plunge. Remember, if you want fill it, shut it & ride type, its anything from Japanese. Not necessarily advocating for CPR, Kawi, Suzuki or Yamaha for that matter. All these are miles ahead of, sorry to say, our Indian technology.

Today morning I was beginning to cruise & by then I had overtaken several motorcycles. Had to turn my head at several of them to ensure it was RE. Sure, its a head turner

Last edited by aargee : 15th February 2016 at 11:30.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 15:09   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Reviving an old thread to pen my thoughts. I wanted to post in a common thread and not pour water over someone's enthusiasm in any review / ownership thread, and be misconstrued as flaming.

I can come only to one conclusion. The REs sell purely on perceived aspirational value as a lifestyle product, nothing more. The CBR 250R is a lot more VFM any day, but I am yet to get a TD from Lodha Honda on it, though they promised to call me when a TD bike was ready, almost five months back. I am still waiting for their call!
Mate Honda Two Wheelers India operates with some kind of a halo on its head. I don't know why but it does. Looks like it is no different down south. Their motorcycles need no mention as the pedigrees they have set speak for themselves. I would suggest you to wait for some time as there are rumours doing rounds about Honda bringing in their CBR 300. Meanwhile there are a lot more options to choose from in the current market right from KTM Duke 200 to Duke 390 to Yamaha R3 to Mahindra Mojo(although relatively new and yet to prove its mettle) to Suzuki Gixxer 150(FI), etc.

Once you define your riding requirements and needs it will be easier to choose from a plethora of options across the budget range.

Most Viewed