Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2011, 23:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda CBR-250R : 4 Years Up!

So its finally here - Congrats Sheel. Looks beautiful and sober in that grey shade. Would be interesting to see how you feel with the bike compared to R15 which is again a top quality and top notch product by Yamaha.

Hope Honda has solved the spare issues, wish you many more happy miles ahead. CBR is a very sensibly priced product and once i upgrade from my 220, it would be a CBR250R, the gt has demolished all funds so after a couple of months i would be on the lookout for a used one.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 05:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, yesterday i saw it in Oasis mall when we went to SPAR, the bike looks very cool in real. How much does it cost, and whats the top speed you have achieved.

Tried the Honda website for pricing of higher bikes then 250R it does not display the same for Bangalore, and only lists Maharashtra & Delhi are the other bikes not available in BLR?
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 09:06   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
So its finally here - Congrats Sheel. Looks beautiful and sober in that grey shade. Would be interesting to see how you feel with the bike compared to R15 which is again a top quality and top notch product by Yamaha.
Thanks
The color makes it look bigger than its peers. Yamaha wins hands down as far as quality goes.

Quote:
Hope Honda has solved the spare issues, wish you many more happy miles ahead. CBR is a very sensibly priced product and once i upgrade from my 220, it would be a CBR250R, the gt has demolished all funds so after a couple of months i would be on the lookout for a used one.
They are slowly getting back to normalcy as far as spares go. I would at the max require oil-filter, which they seem to have in stock.

Most folks have finished off their CBR's rear brake pad quite quickly and because I don't use the rear brakes at all, I have no issues and moreover, P-220's rear brakes are a direct fit on the CBR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Congratulations, yesterday i saw it in Oasis mall when we went to SPAR, the bike looks very cool in real. How much does it cost, and whats the top speed you have achieved.
Tried the Honda website for pricing of higher bikes then 250R it does not display the same for Bangalore, and only lists Maharashtra & Delhi are the other bikes not available in BLR?
In Bangalore, the CBR w/o ABS costs OTR 1,68,758 and the ABS version 1,97,751. Link CBR 250R
Your dealers CBR 250R

I am still running-in, hence haven't opened it up, still managed to see 100+ while overtaking few Cars which was effortless. During running-in, one can cruise at 80-90kmph with no harm to the engine.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2011, 03:19   #19
e46
BHPian

hey Sheel. congrats man! so u finally took the plunge eh? dint wait for the impending honda CB middle weights to get launched.. though i am not sure if those HMSI buggers are at all considering it..
e46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2011, 04:42   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Dude

Its refreshing to see a CBR in a Non Red Color.

Keep us posted on the ownership report.
Technocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2011, 07:13   #21
BHPian

Congratulations, Sheel!

Have lots of fun and write about it here!

What was the on-road price? What made you decide against ABS?

The picture of your bike on that country road made me nostalgic for the roads of Kanpur Dehaat.
Rollin' Thunda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2011, 12:54   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy mate! So CBR finally won the battle Silver looks real good on the CBR! Good color choice.

I guess the seating posture is better than the R15 in the sense that it is not as lean-forward as the r15. Do you find any +ve or -ve in the seating posture in terms of control etc?
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2011, 14:02   #23
Team-BHP Support

Thanks everyone. I am shaken by Simo's sudden demise, hence couldn't respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
hey Sheel. congrats man! so u finally took the plunge eh? dint wait for the impending honda CB middle weights to get launched.. though i am not sure if those HMSI buggers are at all considering it..
Didn't want to miss out on the riding fun waiting for them. There is no end to wait as there are always better launches being anticipated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Congrats Dude

Its refreshing to see a CBR in a Non Red Color.

Keep us posted on the ownership report.
Thanks. The color makes the bike appear a bit bigger (esp when compared to black)

I shall keep updating this thread timely :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin' Thunda View Post
Congratulations, Sheel!

Have lots of fun and write about it here!

What was the on-road price? What made you decide against ABS?
The OTR should be around 1.55,xxx

Against ABS? The price as well as the fear of unlearning all the braking gyaan and the fear that I might crash a non-ABS Motorcycle if & when I ride one.

Quote:
The picture of your bike on that country road made me nostalgic for the roads of Kanpur Dehaat.
Part of the Pradhanmantri Gram Sadak Yojna (PMGSY) These roads have dotted all over and the masses can move to their corresponding cities from their hinterland.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Congrats on the buy mate! So CBR finally won the battle Silver looks real good on the CBR! Good color choice.
Thanks

Quote:
I guess the seating posture is better than the R15 in the sense that it is not as lean-forward as the r15. Do you find any +ve or -ve in the seating posture in terms of control etc?
I preferred R15's seating posture & ride-ability to the CBR's. Maybe because the CBR is big and I am yet to log in significant miles, but still, the CBR feels as a bigger Karizma in the way it handles, but is quite fast. A twist of the wrist and the other traffic won't even bother you.
In short, the YZF R15 is as hard core Sports Bike sporting 150 cubes can whereas the CBR 250R is a good (fast) commuter and able tourer.

__________________________________________________ _

As reported by various users of the CBR, the right rear view mirror began to swing on its own. I had the allen keys to pry the mirror out, put on a thicker washer and it was fixed. So in case any of you are facing this issue, you may try this out.
Old 24th October 2011, 14:17   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Thanks everyone.
Hey Sheel,
Congrats on the buy, she does looks very refreshing from the regular dose of Red CBR's. Should say at this point in time the CBR makes a very good balance of all features one would look for in a bike.
Happy riding with loads of smile. Do keep us posted with your share of joys/woe with your new ride.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2011, 16:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

This thread needs more pics. Especially because Silver ones are so rare.

Kind of hypocritical on my part though I haven't uploaded even one yet.
pranavt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2011, 22:52   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Hey Sheel,
Congrats on the buy, she does looks very refreshing from the regular dose of Red CBR's. Should say at this point in time the CBR makes a very good balance of all features one would look for in a bike.
Happy riding with loads of smile. Do keep us posted with your share of joys/woe with your new ride.
Thanks
The CBR indeed is a lot of bike for the money. I shall keep posted about my ownership frequently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
This thread needs more pics. Especially because Silver ones are so rare.

Kind of hypocritical on my part though I haven't uploaded even one yet.
I would flood the thread with pictures. Wait a bit more
Old 25th October 2011, 22:17   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I would flood the thread with pictures. Wait a bit more
More would come post few days after Deepawali
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CBR-250R : 4 Years Up!-1.jpg  

Honda CBR-250R : 4 Years Up!-2.jpg  

Honda CBR-250R : 4 Years Up!-3.jpg  

Honda CBR-250R : 4 Years Up!-4.jpg  

Honda CBR-250R : 4 Years Up!-5.jpg  

Honda CBR-250R : 4 Years Up!-6.jpg  

Honda CBR-250R : 4 Years Up!-7.jpg  

Sheel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th October 2011, 08:34   #28
BANNED

Looks quite metallic and cool in grey, way better than red IMO. Congrats, and how is the bike response in 3rd gear? does it have a 6th?
Did you find it balanced when cornering?
zaks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2011, 09:28   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Looks quite metallic and cool in grey, way better than red IMO. Congrats, and how is the bike response in 3rd gear? does it have a 6th?
Did you find it balanced when cornering?
It pulls & pulls till the redline. I don't think Cars below 10L would have much of a chance inside city confines & if one is stuck on the highway, then goodbye. A Honda CRV couldn't catch me on my P-180 once he was stuck in a railway crossing for the next 100kms, though prior to the crossing despite me sitting at 130kmph, it used to vanish. (Talking about '04)

Looks - The R15 was and is a looker in its present iteration. The CBR doesn't look as wanting, but is handsome nevertheless. Looks the best from rear 3 quarters.
Miss ya babe :(
Honda CBR-250R : 4 Years Up!-22.jpg
Honda CBR-250R : 4 Years Up!-5.jpg

Instrumentation - Almost even as R15 lacked a clock, but the CBR has it. R15 had two trip meters, CBR has a single, R15's instrumentation was back-lit always & I personally preferred the fonts & the digi & tacho were placed along side. More easy to look while on the go. R15 has a slight edge in my books. Honda CBR-250R : 4 Years Up!-1.jpg
Honda CBR-250R : 4 Years Up!-11.jpg
Build Quality & Finish - Any iota of doubt would erase with the photograph Honda CBR-250R : 4 Years Up!-2.jpg R15 is a better finished product. Period. The plastics below the tank & surrounding the lower part of fairing has gaps, but till they don't bother, I am not looking much into it.

Ride - The CBR anyday. The higher profile tires provide a bit of cushion too.

Handling - On long corners, the CBR's bulk isn't much apparent, but on tighter ones, it is the R15. It was so nimble & so sure footed that I know I could lean as much as I dared & it won't bite back. CBR's longer wheelbase & weight a bit of determent too & I won't put the blame on the suspension alone. At kari track, in right hands, the 600 should be faster than a 1000.

Engine - Yes, they are separated by 100cc's, but I for one loved the way the R15 peaked over 7,000 revs. The CBR simply wallops over 4,000 & pulls strongly till 8,500 revs (haven't pushed more because of the run-in). I know I would have enjoyed the N-250R more as I love peaky engines which have their torque & power stacked up, but then that is me

Braking - Almost even. The thick front tire of the CBR irons out undulations, but it dives a bit more than one would prefer.

Lights - The CBR any which day on stock lightning.

Ergonomics - For city commuting, the R15 with its more rear-set & committed riding position, I could push it anywhere I wanted to and she would come out with revs howling over 8,000 in most cases. Am more civil with the CBR, though there is wind-blast on the CBR while doing around 100kmph.

I would not have even looked at the CBR had the R15 been updated with a bit bigger engine or I could afford a N-250R. The R15 is/was a true Sports Bike, while the CBR is a Sports Tourer and should suffice most needs while touring. I missed riding over 120kmph for extended periods, the CBR would fill up that void

A small hiccup occurred while riding yesterday. I was commuting inside city and then I had to go to some place which was around 70kms away (round). Rushed home to get my full gears.On the way to the highway as soon as I would decrease the throttle input, the bike used to die down. Despite riding over 30kms at speeds over 85-90 it dies whenever I braked & downshifted.

Next instance I revved it in all the gears just short of red-line. Glad to report, the issue is resolved.

Last edited by Sheel : 27th October 2011 at 09:37.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2011, 11:29   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know most of you would be wanting to know as to how does it fare up with the R15.
Nice comparo with pics! Agree that the R15 is a well finished product and is the better of the 2. With the instrumentation, the CBR feels better than the R15 in terms of the looks but i will take the R15 font any day.

Glad to know the hiccup was resolved and hope you enjoy many more happy miles on the CBR. Until you get that dream 600!!
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks