Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2011, 00:15   #46
BHPian

re: Honda CBR-250R : 4 Years Up!

Oh!! I have been drooling over this one for a while now, Very confused about the fact that is it a good time to buy or should i wait, Can any one compare this against a ZMA? Any more bikes in the pipeline? I need some 2wheel rush now.
Old 26th November 2011, 17:54   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
How was the service experience at your local dealer?
My experience at most dealerships usually remains okay as most are known to me.
Quote:
Also do you see unusual panel gaps in the rear panels and the fairing? My friend was pretty disappointed to this on his bike.
Yes, there are gaps. I have already mentioned this, though didn't specifically mention rear-panel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel
The fit and finish leave a LOT to be desired, especially if you have ridden the finest of Yamahas and have sampled the R15 V2.0 closely. The panel gap is huge, plastics flimsy and radiator appears vulnerable too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormania
Your observation is completely in line with what i felt while pushing the bike. The R15 felt so much more eager to rev and hold on to higher revs, while the CBR has a slightly choked feel ( for the lack of better choice of words), as if something is holding it back at high revs. Mid range is where the bike is most comfortable at.
Adding a bit more now. Am just back after a sprint of some 200+ kms on a R15 LE. Over the distance, maybe for 5-6kms I snicked 6th gear, everywhere else, I was in 5th or lower. Post 100 (after sampling the CBR) the R15 feels slow and err, cramped. Though, it was smooth throughout. I was holding revs at 10,000 (not upshifting). The whole ride started at 8,000 and stayed between 8,000 to 10,000 revs. I somehow managed to cover 90kms in 1 hour on the R15. The same was repeated on the way back. Though the return ride took 7 mins more.

On stretches where the R15 used to do 113-114kmph, the CBR does over 130 if pushed. I didn't cross 120kmph despite pushing on the R15.

Still, R15 is a sweet Motorcycle. I am itching to sample the V2 version. Not getting much time though :(

Quote:
I recollect Joel pointing out that the stock ECU and exhaust are pretty conservative, and can be tuned to yield much better results.
Joel has to bring out his variant of the CBR to know (for us) its true potential. That guy never ceases to amaze me

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Oh!! I have been drooling over this one for a while now, Very confused about the fact that is it a good time to buy or should i wait, Can any one compare this against a ZMA? Any more bikes in the pipeline? I need some 2wheel rush now.
Karizma? If you can shell out more, there is simply no comparison. I have ridden the Karizma for over 2 years and have frankly felt the R15 to be much better than Karizma in almost all parameters (save for off-roading) Karizma is the smoothest though. CBR is unlike any Honda you might have come across.

Wait for the expo. KTM-200 maybe out with very good specs.
Old 27th November 2011, 13:50   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Karizma? If you can shell out more, there is simply no comparison. I have ridden the Karizma for over 2 years and have frankly felt the R15 to be much better than Karizma in almost all parameters (save for off-roading) Karizma is the smoothest though. CBR is unlike any Honda you might have come across.

Wait for the expo. KTM-200 maybe out with very good specs.
Thanks aton, i had the karzima for ever two years like the way it rode, R15 seemed underpowered to me , Havent ridden the CBR but very tempted for it

KTM would be expensive?
Old 28th November 2011, 12:08   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Thanks aton, i had the karzima for ever two years like the way it rode, R15 seemed underpowered to me , Havent ridden the CBR but very tempted for it
Save for off road conditions, the R15 will be faster to both the ZMR and Karizma. Its power is reserved at 7,000+ revs and its a joy howling it up at between 8,000 and 10,000 revs.

CBR will out-run most Cars costing under 20L till the sprint to 100kmph. Quite fast for our conditions.

Quote:
KTM would be expensive?
As per various web-sites & print magazines, should be priced at ~1.6 OTR

It should slot between (performance wise:mere speculation) a Ninja 250-R and CBR-250R. Though CBR has bigger cubes, the power to weight ratio of the KTM-200 is close 200.
Old 29th November 2011, 19:16   #50
BHPian

Hey, just put up a better pick of the paddock stand na sheel, i want to see how it looks holding the bike
Old 29th November 2011, 22:11   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
Hey, just put up a better pick of the paddock stand na sheel, i want to see how it looks holding the bike
Here you go, few close ups too.

How are my chicken strips?

The extended part
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CBR-250R : 4 Years Up!-stand-1.jpg  

Honda CBR-250R : 4 Years Up!-stand-2.jpg  

Honda CBR-250R : 4 Years Up!-stand-3.jpg  

Honda CBR-250R : 4 Years Up!-stand-5.jpg  

Last edited by Sheel : 29th November 2011 at 22:15.
Old 30th November 2011, 14:13   #52
BHPian

Waah waah, very fine chicken strips indeed. Get some good cornering shots. Can we mod the yammy stand for the ninja too?
balenopower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2011, 14:50   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
Waah waah, very fine chicken strips indeed.
Thanks
Quote:
Get some good cornering shots.
Who would shoot? I am the lone folk riding around, though will try to put up if a friend decides to accompany me.
Quote:
Can we mod the yammy stand for the ninja too?
Yes. I have seen a similar mod at the other bhp forum. I was inspired by the first link.

Searched for you xBhp.com : The Global Indian Biking Community - View Single Post - [Ownership Thread]: Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Paddock for CBR 250R, Ninja and R15 - xBhp.com : The Global Indian Biking Community
Old 30th November 2011, 15:03   #54
BHPian

Awesome. I'm going and getting that R15 stand today itself.
Old 30th November 2011, 19:53   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How are my chicken strips?
Showoff!
No twisties near Purnea. Hooliganism in the city?

Regards
Sutripta
Old 30th November 2011, 22:25   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Showoff!
No twisties near Purnea. Hooliganism in the city?

Regards
Sutripta
If you have been to my place, you would know there aren't many corners. Now that I have gotten myself used to CBR, I can (a bit) bend it like Beckham
Old 21st December 2011, 23:03   #57
Team-BHP Support

My bike has crossed the 1,000kms mark & today I received a call from my dealer to replace few parts FOC. It included grab-rail, nuts & bolts of the RVM's, foot-peg holders (both, front & rear). Few others might have been changed as well which I might not have noticed. Crank cover plugs were changed as well.

I couldn't photograph as I wasn't carrying my camera and was very near to the ASC when the call was made & I promptly went over. To the naked eye, nothing seems missing, but as a precaution I appreciate their gesture.

Still no shims or filters.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 07:43   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Crank cover plugs were changed as well
What is this part? You mean underneath cowl or you mean crank cover as such?
Old 22nd December 2011, 08:57   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My bike has crossed the 1,000kms mark & today I received a call from my dealer to replace few parts FOC. It included grab-rail, nuts & bolts of the RVM's, foot-peg holders (both, front & rear). Few others might have been changed as well which I might not have noticed. Crank cover plugs were changed as well.

I couldn't photograph as I wasn't carrying my camera and was very near to the ASC when the call was made & I promptly went over. To the naked eye, nothing seems missing, but as a precaution I appreciate their gesture.

Still no shims or filters.
So they woke up! Good.
Old 22nd December 2011, 09:21   #60
Senior - BHPian

Oh!!! yes, HMSI is far better now; I wanted a clutch cable & it looks they've arranged one in about 3-4 days Only the parts that are covered under warranty (basically free replacements) are taking time; approvals probably!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks