Likes -
  • Big Motorcycle feel
  • Abundance of power & torque
  • Affordable & VFM
  • Stunning to look at from rear three quarterts
Dislikes -
  • Fit and finish
  • Handling not in the league of a Sports Bike

It always brings a smile on the face of an enthusiast to notice 0.0kms on the trip meter. I was adamant on witnessing the bike being unloaded from the cargo & delivered right away w/o molestation from on-lookers & window shoppers at the sales outlet.

Payment done & while the papers were processed, the owner asked me to get a feel of the Motorcycle to which I replied that I shall be back in about an hour. Went on to ride for 40-45 kms so that first oil change could be completed.

Impressions
Hopping from a YZF R15 to a CBR-250R, you notice as to how big & accommodating the new Honda feels.

I sneaked into 1st gear and wasn't immediately at home, though felt comfortable. Tubular frames are indeed way behind the amazing deltabox frame which was on the YZF. The CBR doesn't corner as flat and feels a bit cumbersome in tightened corners.

While on the R15, I always glanced at the speedo, adjusted my body to anticipate cornering, on the CBR, I was more focused towards not sliding, partially because the tires were new.

There is no torque below 3K, it simple refuses to pull from under 3,000 revs. Post 7,000 revs the bike is on a song. Due to the running-in, I haven't gone above 7,500revs, but it is pretty apparent that save for the N-250R it owns everything manufactured & sold in India under 3L at the moment.

Its ability to glide over small irregularities on the road is good. The wide tires aiding this to a large extent. The braking is good and not as fierce. I am yet to even scrub the rear brakes & hence can't comment on the ability of rear-brakes.

The CBR is an attention grabber and heads turn your way. The Motorcycle's large dimensions aiding this bit to a large extent.

The headlamp illumination is better than all Indian Motorcycles save for P-220F's parabolic lamps. The spread is good too. The brake lamp warns the other road users following you and it is so bright that it is irritating. Good for safety though.

The fit and finish leave a LOT to be desired, especially if you have ridden the finest of Yamahas and have sampled the R15 V2.0 closely. The panel gap is huge, plastics flimsy and radiator appears vulnerable too. Have heard that Honda would be bringing a longer front mud-guard. I would be the first to go for this add-on.

And yes, it is raining CBR's on Team-Bhp
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CBR-250R : 4 Years Up!-2.jpg  

Last edited by Sheel : 20th October 2011 at 09:47.
Sheel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 10:24   #2
BHPian

re: Honda CBR-250R : 4 Years Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
The winged logo

Congratulations Ben, the CBR is indeed a perfect upgrade after your R15 (atleast on the cc level, if not on cornering and parts quality).

It is definitely a looker and does attract a lot of jealousy especially when parked in public places, so be carefull for the first few months till the bike is a common sight.

Were you adviced about the 7500 RPM limit till run in and 50 km Engine Oil change by your dealer, or is this out of your own experience as a rider ?
salunkhe.vizz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 10:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The winged logo

Congrats on your new wings Sheel, was just keen to know as to why you upgraded from R15 to baby CeeBeR and not to Kawi Ninja 250? Thought that Ninja would be more of a rational choice if you are looking for a true hearted performer. CBR is no doubt a very good package for its price.

Wishing you many miles of smiles and do post some photos of your steed.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 11:08   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Congratulations Ben, the CBR is indeed a perfect upgrade after your R15 (atleast on the cc level, if not on cornering and parts quality).
Thanks, I love that name. Ben

Quote:
It is definitely a looker and does attract a lot of jealousy especially when parked in public places, so be carefull for the first few months till the bike is a common sight.
I have safe parking places wherever I go, so not much of a concern, but I shall keep an eye. Thanks :-)

Quote:
Were you adviced about the 7500 RPM limit till run in and 50 km Engine Oil change by your dealer, or is this out of your own experience as a rider ?
No.
Most folks are aware of the motoman's run-in method. It is controversial. So, I have picked up the good parts (oil change) & left the bad parts. In short, save for oil-change, I am sticking to this - "For the first 800km do not exceed 6000 rpm. Between 800km and 1600km travelled, ride more vigorously, vary speeds and twist the throttle fully for some short periods for best coupling of the components; do not exceed 9000 rpm."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Congrats on your new wings Sheel, was just keen to know as to why you upgraded from R15 to baby CeeBeR and not to Kawi Ninja 250? Thought that Ninja would be more of a rational choice if you are looking for a true hearted performer. CBR is no doubt a very good package for its price.
Price was a factor which came in midst of the green 250R. I have few projects lined up which would require $$, hence...

The CBR would be a good commuter once I up-grade.

Quote:
Wishing you many miles of smiles and do post some photos of your steed.
Thanks

Photos shall be up-loaded once I am out riding.
Old 20th October 2011, 11:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats !

Just read yesterday that you are getting a CBR and here you are with the report!
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 11:25   #6
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sheel!

I can sense some practical thinking on your side by this buy (was reading R15-V2 and CBR dilemma elsewhere). One just cannot ignore the extra horses and ccs. The baby CBR is quite a motorcycle for that price and offers lot of value.
JVH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 13:14   #7
BHPian

Congrats Sheel! I remember taking my friend's CBR over a short distance on the B'lore-Mysore highway and i must admit that i was mightily impressed with its power delivery.I own a ZMR and i could easily make out the differences as to how effortlessly the CBR touched the 100kmph mark. Though i feel a Ninja would've been a perfect upgrade for someone who had a R15,nevertheless the baby Ceeber is a total value for money!!!!!

Awaiting the pics!!!!
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 13:38   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for the upgrade ! . Yamaha to honda convert . Ride safe and keep reporting .Common , only 2 pictures ?
black12rr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 14:08   #9
Senior - BHPian

So finally there is a Bihar registered R15 for sale!

Congrats.
Sutripta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 14:22   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congrats and welcome to the CBR Club. There are lot of CBR's now in tbhp. Feels good to know about it.

Quote:
I am sticking to this - "For the first 800km do not exceed 6000 rpm. Between 800km and 1600km travelled, ride more vigorously, vary speeds and twist the throttle fully for some short periods for best coupling of the components; do not exceed 9000 rpm."
+100%. I believe this would be the ideal or balanced method of running in.
All the best !!
rk_sans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 14:28   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Congrats !

Just read yesterday that you are getting a CBR and here you are with the report!
Thanks to the world wide web, it is a small place
Thanks JKD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Congrats Sheel!

I can sense some practical thinking on your side by this buy (was reading R15-V2 and CBR dilemma elsewhere). One just cannot ignore the extra horses and ccs. The baby CBR is quite a motorcycle for that price and offers lot of value.
Thanks JVH.

Yes, save for corners & braking, the CBR owns the R15. Braking is good & shall stop you, but it isn't fierce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Congrats Sheel! I remember taking my friend's CBR over a short distance on the B'lore-Mysore highway and i must admit that i was mightily impressed with its power delivery.I own a ZMR and i could easily make out the differences as to how effortlessly the CBR touched the 100kmph mark. Though i feel a Ninja would've been a perfect upgrade for someone who had a R15,nevertheless the baby Ceeber is a total value for money!!!!!

Awaiting the pics!!!!
Yes, accelerating & touching 100kmph is so effortless.

It indeed is a VFM. A perfect upgrade would have been CBR600F | Honda/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Congrats for the upgrade ! . Yamaha to honda convert . Ride safe and keep reporting .Common , only 2 pictures ?
A convert? No. I love Japs with the front two spots not occupied by the Honda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
So finally there is a Bihar registered R15 for sale!
The bike was already sold on the 2nd Pujo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Congrats and welcome to the CBR Club. There are lot of CBR's now in tbhp. Feels good to know about it.
Yes, being a VFM product and a good upgrade, it is being lapped up.

Quote:
+100%. I believe this would be the ideal or balanced method of running in.
All the best !!

@all - I want to capture the pictures outdoors with good lights (not in harsh sun-rays). Hence the delay.
Old 20th October 2011, 15:48   #12
Senior - BHPian

AAh so it has finally happened Congrats Sheel, the CBR is a lovely bike and I am sure will keep you happy ( until you get the itch for that 600 :P ) . I have ridden with a few and found the performance very impressive.

How long did you have to wait for it to be delivered? Is the waiting still 3 months or so?
Ride safe and have lots of fun bro.

Last edited by sammyboy : 20th October 2011 at 15:50.
sammyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 15:58   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel
The winged logo
Sheel, congrats on the CBR. Have corners and corners of fun with your new machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel
The fit and finish leave a LOT to be desired, especially if you have ridden the finest of Yamahas and have sampled the R15 V2.0 closely.
I see that you had the old R15. Was the new V2.0 considered? If so, why was it turned down?
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 19:40   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations! Welcome to the CBR 250R kleb!
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 22:30   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
AAh so it has finally happened Congrats Sheel, the CBR is a lovely bike and I am sure will keep you happy ( until you get the itch for that 600 :P ) . I have ridden with a few and found the performance very impressive.
Thanks Sammy More power is never enough.

Quote:
How long did you have to wait for it to be delivered? Is the waiting still 3 months or so?
Ride safe and have lots of fun bro.
21 days due to a goof on the dealer's part, else I would have got it in 10 days. Red/Black were available off the shelf though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Sheel, congrats on the CBR. Have corners and corners of fun with your new machine.
Thanks

Quote:
I see that you had the old R15. Was the new V2.0 considered? If so, why was it turned down?
Price of the CBR when compared with the V2 & the fact that I had ridden my R15 for 30 months & had my fill. The R15 is still a VFM, a special Motorcycle and the one to have in your garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Congratulations! Welcome to the CBR 250R kleb!

With the promise of uploading better pictures ASAP, I am posting a few pictures. Hope you guys like it.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CBR-250R : 4 Years Up!-1.jpg  

Honda CBR-250R : 4 Years Up!-2.jpg  

Honda CBR-250R : 4 Years Up!-3.jpg  

Honda CBR-250R : 4 Years Up!-4.jpg  

Last edited by Sheel : 20th October 2011 at 22:37.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks