Team-BHP - RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/113632-re-classic-chrome-500-12-500kms-done-maroon-marauder-thumps-home-25.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by carizma (Post 3534844)
Still waiting for the running in to get over:Frustrati and enjoy the ride:D

The mount sure does its job and I have never been disappointed with the quality of what ever recording I have done so far.

How do you mount the case (for shooting a video)? Could you post a couple of pics? How do you manage the vibrations? RE should be a lot more viby than my Katoom

Lastly, any sample vids you could post?

The mount has a 360 degree swivel, so it can hold the phone in a reasonably good vertical position. I will try to take and post some pictures as soon as possible.

Installed new exhaust this weekend. Looks and sounds like a true classic. But still in splits whether to switch back to the OEM Bazooka as my bike has run only 600km something so far.

Wish you all a "Happy Dusshera" and a wonderful day and year ahead !!!

Hi Mobike008!
I own a Chrome 500 too and your reviews have been a great help.I am planning on buying the RD powertronics.Are you still using yours?Is it performing well?I wanted to hear from you before confirming my purchase.Thanks in advance

Quote:

Originally Posted by arjun.vanil (Post 3552703)
Hi Mobike008!
I own a Chrome 500 too and your reviews have been a great help.I am planning on buying the RD powertronics.Are you still using yours?Is it performing well?I wanted to hear from you before confirming my purchase.Thanks in advance

Hi Arjun, Welcome to bullet fraternity. :thumbs up

Ofcourse, Iam still using it as Iam kind of used to the additional pick up now and my tune is always in a permanent 3-stage and enjoy the bike with this addition

Btw, there has been zero issues till date with powertronics so, I can vouch its a reliable product

Do share some pics of your bike here if possible

Cheers and Enjoy your Ride
Mobike008

Thanks for the reply :) Happy to hear that Marauder is doing well. Unfortunately the RD box for classic 500 is currently unavailable.I will need to wait for a month it seems.As for pics I'll post them below.

Have you ever had battery or wiring issues so far?

Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by arjun.vanil (Post 3558855)
Unfortunately the RD box for classic 500 is currently unavailable.I will need to wait for a month it seems.As for pics I'll post them below.

Wow, thats a lovely black and chrome bullet that you own. You seem to have changed the handle and silencer. Care to shed more info on what these changes are and how they feel?

Not too surprised to know its out of stock as I doubt if there are many people out there willing to spent 17K on the powertronics except for nerds like melol:

Is the price still same or they have jacked it up?

Quote:

Originally Posted by arjun.vanil (Post 3558855)
Have you ever had battery or wiring issues so far?

I had my share of issues with the battery. I replaced it once in my 3 years of ownership and 2nd battery also once went dead. But, thanks to a door step service of a good mechanic I didnt have to bother much

Actually battery always acts up. Recent problem is when I start the bike and slot into 1st gear and take off and decelerate the throttle even a bit to go to 2nd, bike shuts down

Trick is to start the bike and make it warm before heading out

If iam in a hurry (which iam always) then its a nice test of one's patience:D

Thanks! I was using a wild boar but I changed it now to a glasswool monster.It sounds great! I did not change the handle bar.I lowered it a bit.Maybe the new classics have a little different handle.

Th MIL turns on every time I push the give self start.And eventually the self start stops working completely. Hopefully this time they'll get it fixed (Sigh) .

Oh and the price is currently 1.83 lacs. I bought it three months back and he has run almost 4k .

I hope it's ok if I post two pics of classic 500s!

Quote:

Originally Posted by arjun.vanil (Post 3558933)
Thanks! I was using a wild boar but I changed it now to a glasswool monster.It sounds great! I did not change the handle bar.I lowered it a bit.Maybe the new classics have a little different handle.

I too have a custom made glasswool exhaust on the bike. Initially it used to have a loud roar but, now after two years the note has gone down substantially

Do share a video of the exhaust if you have one:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by arjun.vanil (Post 3558933)
Oh and the price is currently 1.83 lacs. I bought it three months back and he has run almost 4k .

Oh boy! that's a steep increase in the price since I bought it little under 3 years ago when I think i paid 1.63 Lakhs

Shows the popularity of the bullet is ever increasing. I see atleast 3-5 brand new bulls with T/R plates each day in Hyderabad

Quote:

Originally Posted by arjun.vanil (Post 3558975)
I hope it's ok if I post two pics of classic 500s!

Gorgeous. I think Classic 500 are the most awesome looking bullets in the entire range:D

The demand for bullets in Trivandrum is insane. In every parking lot, 5 out of 10 bikes are bullets. They're all over the place. But Chrome is definitely the rarest :)

Does your chrome struggle to reach high speeds? Say 100kmph plus?

Ill try and share a video of my exhaust

Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by arjun.vanil (Post 3560670)
Does your chrome struggle to reach high speeds? Say 100kmph plus?

I have touched a maximum of 125kmph on my bull till date and personally to me it looks like its tough to go beyond this figure.

It reaches 110-115kmph without much fuss and post this figure its always crawling upwards situation by the kilometer

I know some folks who have done 135-140kmph on a classic but, I like to ride till my sane limits and never to prove a point to anybody:D

Thanks for the info! I finally go my bike back .Apparently there was a problem with the RR unit and they replaced it.Now I can finally go ahead with my RD plan :)

But for some reason I feel the throttle to be stiff.Don't exactly know how to put it in words.But if you do have any idea please share your thoughts.

Happy Diwali!

+1 the bullet looks great in black+chrome.

Mobike008! I have been following your thread from quite sometime and now I am on the way to becoming a bulleteer (buying a pre-owned classic 500 late 2011 model). Was planning on a 350 classic but the waiting period is long and moreover, just one ride on the Bullet CL 500 made me not consider the 350s. I hope I have made a good decision. Looking forward to joining the Deccan Marauders group (is it still on?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by arjun.vanil (Post 3563086)
Now I can finally go ahead with my RD plan .

Iam planning to letting go of my RD box due to personal reasons

Quote:

Originally Posted by arjun.vanil (Post 3563086)
But for some reason I feel the throttle to be stiff.Don't exactly know how to put it in words.But if you do have any idea please share your thoughts.

Hmmm. This never happened to me. The throttle feel was slick and smooth when it was new and 3 years down the line now:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueknight (Post 3570529)
Mobike008! I have been following your thread from quite sometime and now I am on the way to becoming a bulleteer (buying a pre-owned classic 500 late 2011 model). Was planning on a 350 classic but the waiting period is long and moreover, just one ride on the Bullet CL 500 made me not consider the 350s. I hope I have made a good decision. Looking forward to joining the Deccan Marauders group (is it still on?)

If your not particular about the mileage then classic 500 is the way to go. The pleasure of riding this bike is unbeatable

But, please be prepared for some horrible mileage. My C500 never gave me above 22-23kmpl and worst was 18kmpl in a few instances

Deccan Marauders was formed by me initially when I bought the bullet and we did quite a few rides and even had some press coverage but, the plot got lost somewhere due to my busy activity at work and no back-up to keep the group going

Now iam making the Triumph flag fly high and mighty:p