Team-BHP - RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/113632-re-classic-chrome-500-12-500kms-done-maroon-marauder-thumps-home-19.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 3383028)
Hi, Thanks for your comments and questions.

Thanks for the feedback, would you be able to share the details of the seller? Would be keen to check out the range he has. Please PM me if you are apprehensive of stepping on his privacy :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 3383028)
Hi, Thanks for your comments and questions.

Electric Start is extremely reliable. In the 26 months that I owned my bullet, not once it didnt start on thumbing the ES. I must have used kick start maybe 2-3 times till date just for the fun of it

ES sometimes needs more than once thumbing but, it does start. No issues

Now after the RD map fittment, kick start is disabled so i depend 100% on ES:D

Thanks extremely helpful reply. I was a little apprehensive after reading a starter issue, at ease now, wont have to think in this direction again.

Another post of yours about being 6.1" tall also was helpful. I'm bordering 6, so wanted to know if the riding stance is comfy in the long rides. Ever went for a long-ish ride on a TB?

whats the RD map fittment?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ku69rd (Post 3383204)
Thanks for the feedback, would you be able to share the details of the seller? Would be keen to check out the range he has. Please PM me if you are apprehensive of stepping on his privacy

Here you go :-

Vinay (Store Name : The Street Flames)
Tadbund, Secunderabad
# 9908786000

He has LED of various size. A friend fitted a massive one on his RD 350 and those lights look good for a Jeep:D. I think they costed around 4.5k

Quote:

Originally Posted by P.S. (Post 3383237)
whats the RD map fittment?

Oh ! Then you have not read my thread on Race Dynamics fitted to my Bullet. Here is the full details. Do read from the begining

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-team-bhp.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by P.S. (Post 3382689)
Also, liked your thread about the Triumph sir. Also, the cool names your bikes get)

Forgot to mention. Not just my bikes, my cars also get decent names:)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...53-000kms.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...omes-home.html

Avi,

Marauder, Annihilator, and Bruiser would fit right in. But doesn't Angel sort of cramp their style a bit?

Mine are Doppie (std 500), Duckie (Duke 200), Beastie (Storme), Snow White (Baleno), and Red Riding Hood (Zen). :)

No longer with me - Simone (KB100), Figgy (LB500), and Pulsie (Pulsar 180).

Never named - Fiat Uno, Esteem, Classic 500, Kinetic Honda.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebonho (Post 3384049)
Avi,

Marauder, Annihilator, and Bruiser would fit right in. But doesn't Angel sort of cramp their style a bit?

Firstly, Pardon me, except as Doc, I dont know your name. Please do share.

Secondly, those aggresive names suit my personality as iam bit like that and also because i like driving/riding faster than most folks

Finally, If i had named anything other than " White Angel" to our i10, i would have been sleeping on the couch (like you do...) as I had bought that car for my wife:D

Quote:

Mine are Doppie (std 500), Duckie (Duke 200), Beastie (Storme), Snow White (Baleno), and Red Riding Hood (Zen).

Nice Names:thumbs up

Quote:

No longer with me - Simone (KB100), Figgy (LB500), and Pulsie (Pulsar 180).

Never named - Fiat Uno, Esteem, Classic 500, Kinetic Honda.

Well, not counting the vehicles bought my parents, here is my list all of which were bought brand new

Cars
Maruti 800 (No Name)
Maruti Zen (No Name)
Hyundai Santro Zipplus (No Name, or faintly recall something black XX)
Hyundai Accent Viva CRDI (Red Beast)
Hyundai i10 (White Angel)
Chevrolet Cruze (White Annihilator)

Bikes (No Names)
TVS 50
Kinetic Honda
Yamaha RX-100
Suzuki Shogun
Suzuki Samurai
Bajaj Pulsar 150

Bikes (Names)
RE Classic 500 (Maroon Marauder)
Triumph Bonneville (Black Bruiser)

This naming business started rather late into the buying spree phase..LOL

Whew !!!!

Hi Avinash bhayya, we bumped into each other yesterday night at the traffic lights on Tankbund and it was so sweet I recognized the very moment I saw you., just that we have the same classic chrome and also my choice of colour was driven by your thread makes me very happy. Nice thread keep it going will post my experience on the chrome pretty soon. I sent you a friend request on FB as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trinadha (Post 3384531)
Hi Avinash bhayya, we bumped into each other yesterday night at the traffic lights on Tankbund and it was so sweet I recognized the very moment I saw you., just that we have the same classic chrome and also my choice of colour was driven by your thread makes me very happy.

Hi Trinadh,

It was a pleasure to bump into you last evening. And, its always a pleasure to see a bullet which is exactly same as yours :)

Can you post a picture of the aux lights you were trying to show me last evening. I have something similar on my bike. Curious to see them

Keep riding and be safe

Cheers
Mobike008

There havent been much to say about the running of my bull as its being used almost on a daily basis for my walk/jogs, short rides around town and is running impeccable

Last week, found it punctured and asked my watchman to get it repaired which he did it by the time i got back in evening.

I had given him a brand new tube ( I normally keep a spare) as I prefer changing the tube than getting the punctured tube repaired

Tube Cost : 300bucks
Puncture Repair : 150 bucks ( inclusive of tips to my guy)

Its just about 100kms shy from 10,000kms which I hopefully will touch by end of this month.

I had a query, if MRF still the monopoly in manafacturing the Classic 500 tubes? Or are their any new players in the market now who are better?

The inner tube that was installed on the front wheel of my 2011 Royal Enfield G5 (US export) was made in India by Dunlop.

This inner tube is much thicker and seems to be of a much higher quality than an aftermarket inner tube I bought here in the USA.
Don't ask who made this aftermarket inner tube because I don't know.
Whoever it was, was so proud of their product they did not mark the company name or country of origin on it. :-(

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArizonaJim (Post 3418282)
The inner tube that was installed on the front wheel of my 2011 Royal Enfield G5 (US export) was made in India by Dunlop.

Here in India, MRF has a monopoly as the size of the rear wheel of Classic 500 is unique and no other manafacturer has an inner tube for Classic 500.

I can just buy the same brand but, was enquiring if any other brands have started manafacturing this size tube in recent past

Last weekend the dreaded thing happened one more time

Yeah, you guessed it right. MM got FLAT in middle of the road on a hot afternoon:p

Had to push it for atleast a km to get it repaired...Whewww!!.

It's always the rear tyre and on a brand new tube that hadnt even done more than 500kms

I decided to investigate the cause and noticed there is a small rip in the tyre so its time to get the rear tyre replaced.

Got the tube repaired and got a tube wrapped around the spoke holes on the rim so its slightly puncture proof for future

I plan to change the rear tyre and tube once for all

Queries :-

1. Which are the brands that make the rear tyre of Classic 500? Its size is 120/80-18

2. Which is the recommended brand of tyre?

3. How are Michelin Sirak's?

4. Tubes still have monopoly of MRF or I can purchase other brand tubes too?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ku69rd (Post 3430510)
Cool which tire you are thinking on? Zapper Q looks very neat but am not quite convinced with the sidewalls of MRF Zapper. Believe they are soft

I got your post to my thread for tyre discussion as didnt want to stretch that conversation on 750 thread:)

Iam thinking of getting the Michelin Sirac. What would you recommend?

Yesterday evening, finally it happened after 2 years, 4 months and 20 days

I was riding out for my evening jog and then suddenly it dwelled on me the magic number is coming up

Whew! Dont ask me the pain I took to click this:D

Congratulations Avinash da. Just wondering, in order to capture this perfect moment, where you were? I remember, to capture a certain even number I had stopped right at the middle of an intersection in peak traffic flow, with a traffic constable in close vicinity.

Obviously its not advisable for others to follow , but sometimes, in madness there is satisfaction :uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 3435423)
Yesterday evening, finally it happened after 2 years, 4 months and 20 days

I was riding out for my evening jog and then suddenly it dwelled on me the magic number is coming up

Whew! Dont ask me the pain I took to click this:D

Congratulations Avi, I experienced a similar situation on the highway.
I can understand what you mean.:)