Team-BHP - RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/113632-re-classic-chrome-500-12-500kms-done-maroon-marauder-thumps-home-12.html)

I agree.
ScotchBrite is coated with either Aluminum Oxide or Silicone Carbide. Both of these are extremely hard and are used to make sandpaper.

Either can easily cut thru chrome plating and grind it off.

4th Free Service Update

I gave my Maroon Marauder for its 4th free service on Nov 24th, 2012 with an odometer reading of 4,650kms. The following were the issues that were asked to be looked into

a) Someone in my apartment complex broke the right rear indicator. It was not fully broken but, it came almost halfway from its fitment. Replacement costed Rs.260

b) Oil Changed after the 1st Service

c) Asked the tuning to be done properly as bike would kind of halt and then move when decelerated

d) 2nd Free teflon coat to be done on the bike. Paid for during last service wherein they applied one coat already

Result

a) Replaced with a new one

b) Oil changed and now the bike runs really smoothly

c) Tuning done nicely. Now when i leave the throttle, no reluctance in moving forward

d) This was not done and asked me to wait for one hour and will do it. I was in a hurry so plan to get that done whenever i visit them next

Total Bill : Rs.1048 ( No Labour Charges. Will apply from next time)

Since my riding is bare minimum, I asked the KayJee Service Manager When should i come back for a service. He said, dont need to come back before 3000kms or 6months which ever is earlier.

Overall, extremely happy with my service center

Having ridden the bike for only 4,650kms in 11 months, I doubt if I can do 3000kms in next 6 months.

Questions

1. Is it alright to visit ASC for MM's 5th service after 6 months? Or, should I visit ASC earlier than that even if the bike hasnt done that much mileage?

2. Next month, i will be completing one year. Therefore, It's insurance has to be renewed. What is the price that i am expected to pay at 2nd year with an NCB?

3. What is the easiest way to increase the power without creating any issues to the overall health of the bike?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 2972904)
3. What is the easiest way to increase the power without creating any issues to the overall health of the bike?

I may get to try the Race Dynamics ECU for my Chrome if the guy turns up.Will keep you updated:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay4587 (Post 2972941)
I may get to try the Race Dynamics ECU for my Chrome if the guy turns up.Will keep you updated

That's great. When I met the RD guy in Hyderabad, he did mention something for the ECU engine but, i didnt get full details from him.

Care to outline more details? Like how installation happens, price etc?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 2972979)
That's great. When I met the RD guy in Hyderabad, he didnt mention something for the ECU engine but, i didnt get full details from him.

Care to outline more details? Like how installation happens, price etc?

RD guy will be coming for a Demo:)
Will be able to update if he turns up.
Basic RD box for two wheeler costs 9999:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay4587 (Post 2972996)
RD guy will be coming for a Demo
Will be able to update if he turns up.

Akshay, any updates on the RD demo? Did it happen?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 2986066)
Akshay, any updates on the RD demo? Did it happen?

RD guy called up last sunday,and i was travelling,and next day RD guy left for Mumbai,Demo never happened.

Btw,if you can sacrifice the thump revert to stock Bazooka,bike feels excellent,i was able to touch 140 on mine yesterday with stock exhaust,and windshield removed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay4587 (Post 2986147)
Btw,if you can sacrifice the thump revert to stock Bazooka,bike feels excellent,i was able to touch 140 on mine yesterday with stock exhaust,and windshield removed.

This reminds me my stock bazooka is still with that guy from whom i got my custom exhuast made:Shockked:. Need to pick it up soon

Well, I am also thinking on those lines. Will do it after a few months

Btw, I never crossed more than 105kmph on my MM. Dont know how you guys do it. It feels too fast at that speed. Or is that just in my mind?:Frustrati

Maroon Marauder will celebrate its 1st birthday on Dec 26th, 2012.clap:

Which also means its time to renew its insurance. I got a quote from Bajaj Allianz as follows :-

IDV Value : Rs.147,500 (10% depreciation on original value)

Premium (After applying all discounts and NCB) : Rs.3000

I am yet to get a quote from my existing insurer ( HDFC Bank)

Is it a decent quote or there's a margin to squeeze more?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 2986275)
[b]
Is it a decent quote or there's a margin to squeeze more?

Try some online providers such as ICICI Lombard to get an instant quote. That should give you a fair estimate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam_b (Post 2986373)
Try some online providers such as ICICI Lombard to get an instant quote. That should give you a fair estimate.

I couldn't get an online quote as they were asking some info that I didn't readily have (I think Vin no etc) so left my details and got an instant call back

Their quote is Rs2700 for an IDV of 1.37L

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 2993564)
I couldn't get an online quote as they were asking some info that I didn't readily have (I think Vin no etc) so left my details and got an instant call back

Cool! Now you have options. :thumbs up
Check if they also add a 10% no claim bonus on the premium

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 2993564)
I couldn't get an online quote as they were asking some info that I didn't readily have (I think Vin no etc) so left my details and got an instant call back.

This poor fellow followed up yesterday many times. But, i was terribly busy at work and couldnt take his call to close on this insurance

As i was in a hurry, I called them back spoke to someone else and had to pay extra as my policy details are not available with me ( misplaced the policy documents at home)

My new insurance is renewed as follows :-

ICICIC Lombard
IDV Value : Rs.1.39,500
Premium Paid : Rs.3175
Policy will start on Dec 24th ( 2 days in advance for them to make enquiry about my policy details since i didnt provide them that info)

Whew!! I am good to go on this front till one year:thumbs up

Fellow BULL riders, I'am stuck with a rather peculiar problem.

I rode my bike after almost 2 weeks for the last 2-3 days and each day it was a short ride (maybe 5-6kms)

Yesterday evening when i was riding the bike, i noticed that the odometer is stuck at this point.

Iam surprised the odometer stopped working for such a new bike. What could be the fault here? Loose wiring or something bigger?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 3016822)
Yesterday evening when i was riding the bike, i noticed that the odometer is stuck at this point.

Iam surprised the odometer stopped working for such a new bike. What could be the fault here? Loose wiring or something bigger?

Hi mobike008, it may be a stupid question to ask - but is your speedometer working? If it is not working, then your cable is probably broken. Used to happen once in a while on my then new AVL Machismo way back in 2000. If the speedo is working and the odo is not, I would suspect that there is something wrong with the meter.