Team-BHP - RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/113632-re-classic-chrome-500-12-500kms-done-maroon-marauder-thumps-home-22.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 3454245)
What a timely question. A young guy in my apartment has bought the standard 500 ( carb version) and is behind me to take a test ride. I promised to ride it this weekend

Will let you know a feedback after that ride

Hi Avi:

Did you get a chance to test drive the carb version?. I am confused between the TB500, Classic 500 and Bullet carb 500. I went to the GoGreen Gachibowli dealer and they had only the TB350 and Bullet carb 500 for test drive. Out of the two, clearly it is the Bullet 500 but I would like to hear from you on the difference between the classic and bullet 500 before I pay the booking amount.

Thanks.

I noticed something peculiar. The design aesthetics of the fuel outlet in classic chrome is different as compared to the classic 500. RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_0741.jpg
RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_0742.jpg
Notice the extra metal between the outlet and the tank. I think it is because the dimension of the chrome's tank is slightly smaller or rather less flatter to that of the regular classic.

Pictures attached comparing two tanks of different dimensions side by side (same model) , not sure whether the pictures can translate what is seen by the naked eyes. The dealer confirmed that tanks built from different plant comes in different sizes , the new plant builds the flatter one . Note sure how authentic the news is thought .

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_0743.jpg

The difference between the fuel tanks is not related to where the tank was made.

The silver object shown in your pictures is the fuel pump which provides the high pressure fuel to the fuel injector.
A boss is welded to the bottom of the tank to mount this fuel injection pump.

The fuel injected models tank also is not symmetrical as it needs extra space for the pump.

Because the Classic with a carburetor does not need a fuel pump, the fuel tank is more symmetrical and doesn't have the square boss on the bottom.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArizonaJim (Post 3461955)
Because the Classic with a carburetor does not need a fuel pump, the fuel tank is more symmetrical and doesn't have the square boss on the bottom.

Hi ArizonaJim ,

Thank you for answering my query but the pictures I have posted are both classic 500 EFI with the fuel pumps. Classic chrome 500 and Classic Tan 500.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anoopash (Post 3461901)
I noticed something peculiar. The design aesthetics of the fuel outlet in classic chrome is different as compared to the classic 500. []

Isn't the tank on the Chrome a 14 little one and the on the other a 20?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tharian (Post 3462044)
Isn't the tank on the Chrome a 14 little one and the on the other a 20?

I think that's more of a rumor. I had the same doubt and even the dealers say this. But as per Customer care, there is no such thing.

Infact the RE website has the following details :-

Classic Chrome : 14.5 liter
Classic 500 : 13.5 liter
Classic 350 : 13.5 liter
Electra : 13.5 liter
Std 350 : 13.5 liter
Bullet 500 : 13.5 liter
Desert Storm : 14.5 liter +/- 1
Thunderbird 350 : 20 liter
Thunderbird 500 : 20 liter
GT : 13.5 liter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majumdarda (Post 3462062)
I think that's more of a rumor. I had the same doubt and even the dealers say this. But as per Customer care, there is no such thing.

Infact the RE website has the following details :-

Classic Chrome : 14.5 liter
Classic 500 : 13.5 liter
Classic 350 : 13.5 liter
Electra : 13.5 liter
Std 350 : 13.5 liter
Bullet 500 : 13.5 liter
Desert Storm : 14.5 liter +/- 1
Thunderbird 350 : 20 liter
Thunderbird 500 : 20 liter
GT : 13.5 liter.

Actually, there 'was', not sure now, 14 and 20 litre tanks on the Bullets. I have seen them once when I went to the showroom. It maybe that only the bikes that roll out from the new factory have them . When I asked a chap at the showroom as well, he was adamant the bigger one was 14 litre as well.
The one's in the picture above does look like one is bigger .

Quote:

Originally Posted by tharian (Post 3462105)
The one's in the picture above does look like one is bigger .

To make matters easier the tank with black paint is flatter and wider compared to the maroon.

Thats correct. The new tanks are flatter thus giving it an impression of more capacity. I only wish if someone had both the new and the old classic tanks, this confusion would have been cleared.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anoopash (Post 3460518)
Today is my birthday and guess what I found out . Yes my bike has reached trivandrum waiting helpless in the go-down. The dealer promised the delivery this Tuesday. Very excited . I found traces of rust at the front disk , is that normal ?

That seems like dust on the front disk and i wont be too worried about that.

But, what worries me is the first picture which indeed seems like rust near the engine compartment. If you have not already taken the delivery. Do ask them to swap it with a different bike

Btw, belated happy birthday. your birthday falls two days prior to mine...Cheers !!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArizonaJim (Post 3460266)
Replace both bulbs?Although it is uncommon for both of them to fail at the same time, it is possible.
As you've read, my low fuel indicator float died within the first 6 months of its life. I don't trust them.

Thanks for the feedback. Maroon Marauder is due for a service and will get all these points checked up by them until then, I will refuel based on mental calculation of 200kms ( to be on safe side)...LOL!

Quote:

Originally Posted by anoopash (Post 3462034)
Thank you for answering my query but the pictures I have posted are both classic 500 EFI with the fuel pumps. Classic chrome 500 and Classic Tan 500.

Then the only answer could be that its a manafacturing oversight. Remember each bullet is made hand-made so there could be a possibility of human error :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majumdarda (Post 3462062)
I think that's more of a rumor. I had the same doubt and even the dealers say this. But as per Customer care, there is no such thing.Infact the RE website has the following details :-

Not sure why are we discussing so much about the tank, its size, shape etc. Classic./Standard bikes come with 13.5 Litre Tank Capacity and ThunderBird with 20L tank capacity. Simple !!!

Keep that in mind and refuel in time and avoid pushing your bike like I had too resulting in unwated weight loss:uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr (Post 3460526)
Hi Avi:
Did you get a chance to test drive the carb version?. I am confused between the TB500, Classic 500 and Bullet carb 500. I went to the GoGreen Gachibowli dealer and they had only the TB350 and Bullet carb 500 for test drive. Out of the two, clearly it is the Bullet 500 but I would like to hear from you on the difference between the classic and bullet 500 before I pay the booking amount.Thanks.

Last weekend after a lot of insistence from the teenage guy who bought the Bullet 500 (Carb Version), I took a test ride of it.

We both rode our bikes back to back and below is feedback he gave me after riding my EFI Bull. His friend who accompanied him (he owns an EFI Classic 500) and also rode both bikes back to back felt the same way

1. Accelaration seems higher in EFI version ( But, this could be due to Racedynamics chip that I have installed)

2. Grip seems much better on my bike

3. He loved the throaty growl of my engine

4. He felt the rear brake travels less for application. Whereas, his rear brake has lot of play before the brakes get applied

My feedback after riding the Carb 500

1. Firstly, the engine feels smooth and due to lack of words, SOFT. Whereas, my EFI bull feels much more meatier not just the engine sound but, the overall feel of the bike

2. As mentioned above, the rear tyre grip is pathetic. I recommended him to change the rear tyre immediately and asked him to install the Michelins that I have got which iam quite happy with.

3. Gears were not slipping in too easily. It required a bit of effort

Overall, the carb version feels soft, light and free revving type of engine

Mobile picture with flash on (oversight). Do you see that greenish color on the engine compartment?

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_20140622_095914.jpg

Non Flash Version

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_20140622_095922.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by anoopash (Post 3461901)

Am I seeing it right?. The gear is on the right side on the maroon RE and the break on the left side on the black RE. Isnt it supposed to be the opposite way?.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr (Post 3462244)
Am I seeing it right?. The gear is on the right side on the maroon RE and the break on the left side on the black RE. Isnt it supposed to be the opposite way?.

Good observation. But from my handheld, seems images are inverted. Check the Royal Enfield write ups.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr (Post 3462244)

So is the exhaust pipe and lick lever :)
Its an inverted image.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 3462222)
Btw, belated happy birthday. your birthday falls two days prior to mine...Cheers !!!

First Happy belated birthday to you too Avinash :)

Quote:

But, what worries me is the first picture which indeed seems like rust near the engine compartment. If you have not already taken the delivery. Do ask them to swap it with a different bike
This disappeared at the day of delivery, which was today . Few pictures of my RIDE .

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_0744.jpg
RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_0745.jpg
RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_0747.jpg

Quote:

Then the only answer could be that its a manafacturing oversight. Remember each bullet is made hand-made so there could be a possibility of human error :D
Avinash I checked your pictures and your classic chrome do have the same installation .

By the way 4 hours of ownership and guess what I have achieved

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_0755.jpg

My parents had to literally pull me away from the bike to get back home :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by anoopash (Post 3462696)
By the way 4 hours of ownership and guess what I have achieved

Congratulations on becoming the owner of one of the most gorgeous looking bullet. Be prepared to get badgered with questions at every traffic signal :D

Do the new models come with a different speedo console as it looks different from what I have on mine?