Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2012, 17:06   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

re: RE Classic Chrome 500 (9500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Here is mine,just 512 kms on odo since dec 14-its too cold and foggy up
here
Single seat and upswept exhaust has totally changed the look of C-500. It now looks totally gorgeous. I reckon this has inspired me to get it done soon.

Btw, can you share a brief comparison report on stock and upswept exhaust? Whats the difference? Did you notice any change in FE?

Also, at what km did you change the exhaust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
I knew, you would not believe me. Seeing is believing is all I know. Reduced the noise of selected pics.
Your a magician with photoshop. Can you reduce the noise for that one another picture of me on bike? The difference is astonishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Does the grime from hands get on the chrome easily??? How are you planning on keeping it stain free any radical wax or polish out there?
Yes, even if you swipe your hand over the chrome, it leaves some tell tale marks but, that can be wiped off. What I am concerned is about how long this chrome finish will last? Hopefully, for good
Old 5th January 2012, 18:19   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Single seat and upswept exhaust has totally changed the look of C-500. It now looks totally gorgeous. I reckon this has inspired me to get it done soon.

Btw, can you share a brief comparison report on stock and upswept exhaust? Whats the difference? Did you notice any change in FE?

Also, at what km did you change the exhaust?
I got the bike with the upswept exhaust
though i have ridden one with stock extensively-No real difference apart from the meatier thump,i am not a sucker for thump,but the stock looks wierd to me,though i have started loving the exhaust note now.
Old 5th January 2012, 18:21   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Your a magician with photoshop. Can you reduce the noise for that one another picture of me on bike? The difference is astonishing
Thanks for the appreciations Avi Bhai. Here you go again, reduced the noise of other pics.

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_0187.jpg

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_0244.jpg
traveloholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 20:21   #34
BHPian

Macho Bike for the Macho Man. Stunning looking bike, never expected the chrome to look so classy on the bike.

Previously was put off by the chrome on the bikes after watching a few bikes in old city when I had my Bullet.

Definetly a superb choice and waiting forward to drool over the machine on our maiden bike ride on the 8th.

Wishing you a thumping experience .
octane78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 22:37   #35
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Classic Chrome 500 : needs ABS!!!

I had the opportunity to ride my cousin's Chrome 500 a week ago. MY impressions:

The looks: Absolutely marvelous

Acceleration: splendid

Comfort: good (but I would prefer my TBTS on longer rides)

City riding: not so good, this is not for stop-and-start traffic

Handling: good for a heavy bike

braking: Here is where I have a real gripe: The front brake is too powerful.

The brake goes from 0% to 100% braking with barely a centimeter's movement of the the brake lever. This is a recipe for disaster in an emergency, when the brain will freeze and your right hand will grab the lever hard. With such powerful brakes, this will inevitably mean the front wheel will lock, and you will fall... unless you regularly practice emergency braking on the bike. I really think that RE should put ABS on its bikes, but it seems content in cosmetic changes (Desert Storm, Chrome, etc) that please the eye, but do not deliver safety to its customers.

If they can't put in ABS, they can make the brakes less powerful --- the ideal brake will cause the wheel to lock only at the end of the full range of the brake lever, not one centimeter from the start!
Rollin' Thunda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 00:46   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Introduction

Dec 19th, 2011 : My first visit to dealership for a casual test/joy ride
Dec 22th, 2011 : DP and loan process completed.
Dec 23, 2011 : Dealer calls me and mentions bike is ready for delivery
Dec 26th, 2011 : Took delivery of "Maroon Marauder"
First congrats Mobike. Second, I had a question bro :- How come you got the delivery in a week??? When my cousin went to the showroom he was told a waiting period of 9 months . How, just how
bluenicotine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 11:25   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane78 View Post
Macho Bike for the Macho Man. Stunning looking bike, never expected the chrome to look so classy on the bike.

Previously was put off by the chrome on the bikes after watching a few bikes in old city when I had my Bullet.
Thanks Sashi. Even I thought Chrome would be like "Old City" type. But, when I saw it in flesh. It's classy and looks awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin' Thunda View Post
I had the opportunity to ride my cousin's Chrome 500 a week ago. MY impressions:

The brake goes from 0% to 100% braking with barely a centimeter's movement of the the brake lever. This is a recipe for disaster in an emergency, when the brain will freeze and your right hand will grab the lever hard. With such powerful brakes, this will inevitably mean the front wheel will lock, and you will fall... unless you regularly practice emergency braking on the bike. I really think that RE should put ABS on its bikes, but it seems content in cosmetic changes (Desert Storm, Chrome, etc) that please the eye, but do not deliver safety to its customers.

If they can't put in ABS, they can make the brakes less powerful --- the ideal brake will cause the wheel to lock only at the end of the full range of the brake lever, not one centimeter from the start!
Thanks for sharing your brief impression about the Chrome. Seems to match my observations to the T, including the front brake impression

Well, I agree that front discs are quite powerful but, i am not complaining. It just needs getting used to like any new feature of a vehicle. Btw, I am already used it it now and use it with a feather touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenicotine View Post
First congrats Mobike. Second, I had a question bro :- How come you got the delivery in a week??? When my cousin went to the showroom he was told a waiting period of 9 months . How, just how
Well, At this point of time. All I can say is I was plain lucky. For more dope on this story, when we meet on Jan 8th.
Old 7th January 2012, 15:31   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Pillion Ride Comfort Feedback :-

I had the (mis)fortune to take the pillion seat this morning for about 10kms ride when my cousin wanted to test ride the bike. We went around tank bund road and necklace road and final stop was to get my Cruze from service center which I had given in morning.

His reaction was kind of natural; He is normally used to regular bikes like Passion, Splendour, Pulsar etc. And, i showed my kindness by NOT warning him to use the throttle judicially

During his first solo ride, he like any other bike shifted into 1st and twisted the throttle almost half way and almost fell down. After a short ride, he came back shaking his head. He had only one thing to say : BRUTAL POWER !!!

His next question was how long is the waiting period for this bike. Am I looking another convert?

Anyways, coming back to pillion ride. It was really bad. The seat is not firm. Therefore, you sink deep into the seat which is not a good feeling and its overall size is small and comfort level is bad to be honest. Rider seat comparatively way better.

Back support is short and reaches just above the waist which is not good.

For big guys like me, it wont be comfortable to ride at back for too long. If someone is slim and petite like my wifey, then it's good.
Old 7th January 2012, 16:48   #39
BHPian

Pillion on any Bull is pathetic man, except Thunderbird. My GF always complains about it. So one day, I did pillion and she took the front seat. I have to say my rear was toast after just 25km!!! She was happy about the front seat though
Old 9th January 2012, 10:06   #40
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your thumper Mobike Hope that you maintain this thread with regular updates the same way you have done with your Cruze thread. I think I missed this, what are the service intervals?

Time to change your signature
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 12:28   #41
Senior - BHPian

Love your bike Mobike-Bhai. I have a question, in Another thread, I saw a superb looking helmet (color co-ordinated) with the bike. Is it yours ? Mind sharing the cost of the same ?
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 14:52   #42
BHPian

Mobike,

Congratulations on owning the beast. I happen to ride one of my friend's 500 and MAN!!! what amazing torque!. I plan to book it soon. Would request you to shed some light on the loan process as in the DP that you paid, the rate of interest, EMI etc. etc. also, what are the service intervals?
ironshark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 21:15   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leepower View Post
Pillion on any Bull is pathetic man, except Thunderbird. My GF always complains about it. So one day, I did pillion and she took the front seat. I have to say my rear was toast after just 25km!!! She was happy about the front seat though
Seems like this is a problem with all Bull Riders !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Congratulations on your thumper Mobike Hope that you maintain this thread with regular updates the same way you have done with your Cruze thread. I think I missed this, what are the service intervals?
Thanks! Hope to maintain it as much as I can and not sure if its going to be as exhuastive as my WA thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironshark View Post
Mobike,
Congratulations on owning the beast. I happen to ride one of my friend's 500 and MAN!!! what amazing torque!. I plan to book it soon. Would request you to shed some light on the loan process as in the DP that you paid, the rate of interest, EMI etc. etc. also, what are the service intervals?
The torque is extremely addictive and as mentioned in my early posts. It pulls like a locomotive engine. Awesome feeling.

Banks dont give as much as 80%-90% loan as they give for other bikes. RE bikes commands a maximum of 60% loan and remaining has to be shelled out from pocket

However, even though for my particular case, the bank offered to pay 80% loan, I decided to stick to 60-40 option of Loan-DP

Interest is 10.70% which I assume is the best in market as normal rates vary between 12.5% to 13.5%

EMI tenure is 36 months which is the maximum for 2-wheeler loans. 4% pre-payment charges on balance of principal if you decide to foreclose the loan early that tenure period. Its from my favorite bank ( HDFC Bank)

Here are some pictures of Maroon Marauder after she went for a 75kms ride with Hyderabad TBHPians on Sunday.

It was a fantastic feeling but, was frustrated that I couldnt go beyond 60kmph even though the manual says 50kmph for first 500kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Love your bike Mobike-Bhai. I have a question, in Another thread, I saw a superb looking helmet (color co-ordinated) with the bike. Is it yours ? Mind sharing the cost of the same ?
Yes! Thats my helmet and bike. Custom cost as below

Maroon Paint : Rs.700
Stickering : Rs.200
White Lacquer Coat Paint on Top : Rs. 250

Above cost is apart from the cost of helmet
Attached Thumbnails
RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_03121.jpg  

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_03241.jpg  

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_03261.jpg  

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_03251.jpg  

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_03301.jpg  

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_03321.jpg  

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_03341.jpg  

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_03361.jpg  

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_03451.jpg  

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_03471.jpg  

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_03491.jpg  

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_03431.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 9th January 2012 at 21:17.
mobike008 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 22:33   #44
BHPian

Amazing pics Mobike.scrolled up and down multiple times but still can't get enough of this beauty! wife had "OH-NOT-ANOTHER-ROYAL ENFIELD-THREAD-ON-TBHP" look wen she saw my tongue stuck out !!!

Rated a very well deserved 5 stars!
ironshark is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 22:47   #45
Senior - BHPian

Great pics
The helmet-though it looks cool,i would recommend a full face one for complete safety.
akshay4587 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks