Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2016, 10:20   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhadtarapore View Post
I am 5'8" and my weight would often come on my wrists - painful during long rides or even in regular city stop-and-go traffic.
You'll have to learn to put the weight on elbows & free up the wrist; that way you'll eliminate the pain on wrist, shoulder & enjoy a comfortable riding.
Old 17th August 2016, 08:46   #362
BHPian

Hello guys,
I seem to be hijacking this thread with a lot of questions, but please bear with me!
I picked up a use CBR 250 a couple of month back. It was duly followed by a Oil replacement(Shell FS 10W40 ) and a chain sprocket/chain set replacement from Tansi Honda, Whitefield. The bike has run close to 700Km's after that and has been lubed 100K's back.
I find the gear shift's to be very clunky and it kind of makes me dread shifting. It seems to be present 70% of the times as out of nowhere I get very smooth shifts occasionally. I shift around 5K normally and I have gotten the same clunk at 7-8K too.
Can you advise me here?
Old 17th August 2016, 10:08   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
Can you advise me here?
1. You changed the oil or Tansi did? I would suggest you changing it to the last drop spending over 30-45 min oil drain + engine oil filter change
2. Fill oil to MAX level or very very slightly more than MAX
3. Engage clutch to fullest when shifting gear
4. There will always be a clunk in gear shift no matter what you do, but not all the times. This means, a shift to or from 4th gear may or may not have a clunk for no reason
5. Chain lubed 1K or 100K? 1K is 1000 Km, 100K is 100000 Km!!
Old 17th August 2016, 10:22   #364
BHPian

Thanks Aargee! Please find replies in bold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
1. You changed the oil or Tansi did? I would suggest you changing it to the last drop spending over 30-45 min oil drain + engine oil filter change. I bought the oil and handed it over to them, they changed it. Tansi honda and the mechanic Karthik is a reputed CBR technician and recommended in the Bangalore circles.
2. Fill oil to MAX level or very very slightly more than MAX. The manual cautions against overfilling the oil, it is currently a lil above Min level.
3. Engage clutch to fullest when shifting gear Following religiously
4. There will always be a clunk in gear shift no matter what you do, but not all the times. This means, a shift to or from 4th gear may or may not have a clunk for no reason. Do you mean to say all the CBR's have this and face clunky shifts(Down/Up) most of the time!
5. Chain lubed 1K or 100K? 1K is 1000 Km, 100K is 100000 Km!! Chain lubed 600KM into the new chain set, and has run 100 KM after the lubing.

Last edited by Roomy : 17th August 2016 at 10:37.
Old 28th August 2016, 23:20   #365
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone here fixed a nice spot aux LED lamp on their CBRs, and wired it nicely, i.e from the fuse box such that it only runs off the ignition, and uses a nice waterproof switch?

Given the ok ok lighting - like the old jingle, yeh dil maange more. Most of my rides are night rides. Please give me any URLs - search was inconclusive.
Old 29th August 2016, 15:17   #366
Senior - BHPian

Dear CBR owning friends,

I am currently planning to buy this LED (courtesy Sksy_biker) which is H4 - but also includes a FAN for optimum cooling! Any feedback? Thoughts? Go? No go? Please speak now or hold your peace

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1PCS-...571855080.html

Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions-photo_20160829_151629.jpg

Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions-htb1sbzakvxxxxazxpxxq6xxfxxxr.jpg
Old 5th October 2016, 21:13   #367
BHPian

A Good Looking Radiator Guard. Functionality Unknown !

Those looking for a radiator guard may check this out.

Cheers !
Ironhide is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 21:41   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Dear CBR owning friends,

I am currently planning to buy this LED (courtesy Sksy_biker) which is H4 - but also includes a FAN for optimum cooling! Any feedback? Thoughts? Go? No go? Please speak now or hold your peace
Just saw this post. Did you finally go for it?

Isn't the colour too bluish, given that it's 6000-6500K.
dreamseller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 22:39   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post
Just saw this post. Did you finally go for it?

Isn't the colour too bluish, given that it's 6000-6500K.
I did not go in for it - because another set of folks cribbed that LED lamps with fans are more prone to failure (due to moving parts). In the end, I decided to instead locate osram nightbreaker unlimited (or whatever the latest model is called) till enough folks volunteer to try out this bleeding edge tech!
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 08:16   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did not go in for it - because another set of folks cribbed that LED lamps with fans are more prone to failure (due to moving parts). In the end, I decided to instead locate osram nightbreaker unlimited (or whatever the latest model is called) till enough folks volunteer to try out this bleeding edge tech!
Never go by what people claim, esp with the ones who don't own a bike or worst, own a bike but not ridden enough!!

Just to give you a fact...
1. I was told Osram nighbreaker is bad than Philips Xtreme vision because Osram bulbs have lesser life than Philips Xtreme. I'm using Nightbreaker for over 2.5 years & not just that, ride 60% of the time (read 2.5/4.5 hours OR 5/5 hours) with headlights turned on. I can positively count 45 trips so far; take an average of 3.45 hours which is close to 170 hours. This is in addition to several few hours of city rides & few others that's not measured.
2. I got these fixed recently; want to hear the comments? Some folks said LED headlights are better as they're kept safe inside the headlamp assy unit; the one I fitted has low life as it doesn't have fans to dissipate heat; I'm not touching anything w.r.t pricing aspect for now otherwise, I'll run out of pages.
Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions-accessories2014228x2281.jpg

So the point is, its your life, your money, your ride & both of the parties experience perspectives are different. You can seek the fact, but nothing beats people who're willing to share the depth of their experience; nothing beats it!! go with what they say & not with the keyboard warriors.

PS - I've a friend who owns a C250R in GJ, who primarily rides in dark early morning from work for over a year now. He is madly in love with his Cree LED headlamps

Last edited by aargee : 6th October 2016 at 08:23.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 09:16   #371
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
While the odo is still below 15K What service aspects to be kept in pen & paper while giving the bike for service post monsoon? Bike is '11 make and nothing has gone wrong.

Have changed the tires to Michelin and have got a coolant change.

I am planning to replace the chain and sprocket/s, change the front shock absorber oil, grease the rear monoshock as well as other lube/filter changes.

Anything else?
Would be giving it to ASC in the next 5/10 days.
Old 6th October 2016, 14:56   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Would be giving it to ASC in the next 5/10 days.
Air filter? Shim & valve clearance? Chain slider? Top up brake oil? Replace engine oil if not replaced in last 6 months? Fairing rubbers? This is all I can think for now
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 16:59   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Never go by what people claim, esp with the ones who don't own a bike or worst, own a bike but not ridden enough!!

Just to give you a fact...
1. I was told Osram nighbreaker is bad than Philips Xtreme vision because Osram bulbs have lesser life than Philips Xtreme. I'm using Nightbreaker for over 2.5 years & not just that, ride 60% of the time (read 2.5/4.5 hours OR 5/5 hours) with headlights turned on. I can positively count 45 trips so far; take an average of 3.45 hours which is close to 170 hours. This is in addition to several few hours of city rides & few others that's not measured.
2. I got these fixed recently; want to hear the comments? Some folks said LED headlights are better as they're kept safe inside the headlamp assy unit; the one I fitted has low life as it doesn't have fans to dissipate heat; I'm not touching anything w.r.t pricing aspect for now otherwise, I'll run out of pages.

So the point is, its your life, your money, your ride & both of the parties experience perspectives are different. You can seek the fact, but nothing beats people who're willing to share the depth of their experience; nothing beats it!! go with what they say & not with the keyboard warriors.

PS - I've a friend who owns a C250R in GJ, who primarily rides in dark early morning from work for over a year now. He is madly in love with his Cree LED headlamps
Agreed.

Just that the said individuals have enough experience in this case. The other issue I had was that many folks report significant scatter and possible blinding of oncoming traffic when replacing the bulb in the main headlight.

Then I changed my plan to instead fix an auxiliary light connected to the fuse box and with proper mounting. But I couldn't find someone good enough. So I put it on the backburner and forgot.

Will look into it soon.
Old 8th October 2016, 10:18   #374
BHPian

I seem to have bent the front rim on my bike. Would anyone happen to know what the replacement cost is of the wheel?
Old 9th October 2016, 20:36   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Agreed
Just FYI...
Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions-lcompared-copy.jpg

Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions-auxlights-copy.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanenanigans View Post
what the replacement cost is of the wheel?
Around 5K with no cooperation from your dealer
aargee is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks