Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2016, 21:42   #391
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
If that is the case, I should worry. The salesman did tell me no one can help with the delivery and it all depends on when Honda factory goes ahead and produces one! But when you say Nov production batch when does the delivery start? Is it Nov itself or few months later?
That's the standard spiel. It is better to simply find the one ready stock that is available with a dealer instead of waiting forever.

Please do what I did - call up every single dealer in a 100km radius - ask them to send you a whatsapp of the dispatch sheet which will also mention the VIN.

In nov 2015, I bought a May 2015 manufactured bike which was in the new sticker color scheme (launched in Aug 2015). The bike runs like a dream and that's all I care about!
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 06:53   #392
BHPian

Phamilyman is correct.

When I bought mine last year, I called up all the dealers (was moving to Bangalore) and followed up with them while still in Delhi because I wanted only the white ABS.

Thanks to all that following up, I was able to get a bike within a week of moving to Bangalore since one of the dealers mentioned it was coming on his truck. So I managed to snag a June '15 manufacture bike on 3rd July.
Old 24th October 2016, 14:16   #393
BHPian

I'm looking to buy a used CBR250R ABS in Pune. I test rode the bike and everything looked fine except the following.

1. The lamp in the instrumentation cluster turned on/off intermittently. In fact, it was off for the whole test-ride except for 10-15 seconds in between. Could it be a simple loose connection or there is a bigger known problem with instrumentation cluster light? The owner said he didn't get it addressed because he didn't feel it important to get fixed.

2. The LHS top panel near tank is broken (the same as seen here). Is it easy to get this in authorized shops? I tried calling a couple of Honda dealers, but none seem to understand the part I'm describing over the phone.

Thanks in advance.
Old 24th October 2016, 15:13   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post
I'm looking to buy a used CBR250R ABS in Pune. I test rode the bike and everything looked fine except the following.

1. The lamp in the instrumentation cluster turned on/off intermittently. In fact, it was off for the whole test-ride except for 10-15 seconds in between. Could it be a simple loose connection or there is a bigger known problem with instrumentation cluster light? The owner said he didn't get it addressed because he didn't feel it important to get fixed.

2. The LHS top panel near tank is broken (the same as seen here). Is it easy to get this in authorized shops? I tried calling a couple of Honda dealers, but none seem to understand the part I'm describing over the phone.

Thanks in advance.
The instrumentation panel lights is a known issue. I do not know of any CBR 250R owners who have not had this issue. It doesn't interfere with the mechanics of the bike in any way so many riders just ignore it. However, it is possible to fix it - you will have to solder in new LEDs. I did it - though the only problem now is that the RPM indicator always starts at 6 O'clock in the dial!

I guess you should be able to procure the panel you have mentioned - I am not sure of this particular part - but again, not mechanically a problem.
naveenroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2016, 16:03   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
The instrumentation panel lights is a known issue. I do not know of any CBR 250R owners who have not had this issue. It doesn't interfere with the mechanics of the bike in any way so many riders just ignore it. However, it is possible to fix it - you will have to solder in new LEDs. I did it - though the only problem now is that the RPM indicator always starts at 6 O'clock in the dial!

I guess you should be able to procure the panel you have mentioned - I am not sure of this particular part - but again, not mechanically a problem.
I never had such an issue in the 3 years I owned it.
Old 24th October 2016, 16:07   #396
BHPian

Posting it here as I did not get a response in 'Used Bike Price Check' Thread. Please delete the post if inappropriate.

What should be a fair price for a 2011 CBR 250R Std which has run only about 7500 kms and is fairly well maintained. I took it for a small spin and all seemed to be good and genuine at face value. Still running on Stock ContiGo tyres.

The seller is asking for 85k and not very keen on further negotiation. What should be a fair price to quote as a buyer?

Any maintenance aspects that may require urgent attention after I buy so I can factor in those costs as well?
Old 24th October 2016, 16:41   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhadtarapore View Post
I never had such an issue in the 3 years I owned it.
You're lucky! Pretty much everyone I know (maybe bikes bought at a specific time period) has had this problem - at least the lesser variant of the lights blinking on and off.
Old 24th October 2016, 18:24   #398
BHPian

Quote:
You're lucky! Pretty much everyone I know (maybe bikes bought at a specific time period) has had this problem - at least the lesser variant of the lights blinking on and off.
In my bike, the console lights have gone kaput altogether and it's been about 3 years. Too lazy to open it up and solder new LEDs, despite having everything needed (including the competency to do it )
Old 24th October 2016, 18:25   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I do not know of any CBR 250R owners who have not had this issue
Now you know another one here in last 5.5 years always riding with parking ON
Old 24th October 2016, 18:58   #400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Hehe, that's because you always rode with parking lights ON!
Old 24th October 2016, 20:45   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hehe, that's because you always rode with parking lights ON!
Haha!! That calls for even better reason for the speedometer console to lose lights. I guess this issue was specific to a specific batch of CPRs that were fitted with poor quality of speedometer console lights. Later HMSI might've fixed it...may be
Old 25th October 2016, 11:17   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZinFluent View Post
Posting it here as I did not get a response in 'Used Bike Price Check' Thread. Please delete the post if inappropriate.

What should be a fair price for a 2011 CBR 250R Std which has run only about 7500 kms and is fairly well maintained. I took it for a small spin and all seemed to be good and genuine at face value. Still running on Stock ContiGo tyres.

The seller is asking for 85k and not very keen on further negotiation. What should be a fair price to quote as a buyer?

Any maintenance aspects that may require urgent attention after I buy so I can factor in those costs as well?
One major cost would be new better tires (around 8-10K for a pair) since stock ContiGo tires are already past 5 years of life and are perceived to be crappy to begin with.

Add to that the cost of a routine service with all fluids checked/replaced-if-required, brake-pads checked/replaced-if-required and any other misc bits.

Regarding the asking price, try to bring it down by 10K citing the tire change. And if you're not totally sold on that particular piece and are ok with some more searching/waiting, I would suggest hunting for an ABS version.

HTH
RishikeshK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 13:52   #403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Haha!! That calls for even better reason for the speedometer console to lose lights. I guess this issue was specific to a specific batch of CPRs that were fitted with poor quality of speedometer console lights. Later HMSI might've fixed it...may be
Just kidding. But agree about the batches that have the issue though. Sadly, even if HMSI knows about the issue, the service center only says - "replace maadi saar. Only 6 thousand rupees saaar. What is to you saar, you work in IT saar!".
Old 25th October 2016, 17:55   #404
BHPian

Quote:
My Greyhound has HID kit installed and suffered from same issue when I picked it up from its previous owner. But after getting the relay changed, this issue isn't there anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZinFluent View Post

Try negotiating till 80k. And from maintenance aspects, just check the chain sprocket remaining life as this is one area which many owners neglect.

Quote:
I always keep the pilot lamp on as they look cool and work like DRL. Are there any specific steps to try reproducing this issue?
rahulba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2016, 18:42   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post
And if you're not totally sold on that particular piece and are ok with some more searching/waiting, I would suggest hunting for an ABS version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulba View Post

Try negotiating till 80k. And from maintenance aspects, just check the chain sprocket remaining life as this is one area which many owners neglect.
Thank you for your responses. I have decided to give this one a pass and hunt for an ABS equipped piece instead. The owner is not willing to go any lower than 85k and to add to it, he is the second owner and had bought the bike in 2012 from the first owner while his OLX ad stated 'single hand used'
ZinFluent is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks