Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2019, 13:16   #466
BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions

Hi,

Has anyone managed to find a pannier rack + saddle stay for the CBR250R. Anyone in India who manufactures something like this?

I have been planning to ride with a pillion. However, my saddle bags sit pretty much on the pillion foot rests.
Old 17th June 2019, 15:26   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobojames9 View Post
Hi,

Has anyone managed to find a pannier rack + saddle stay for the CBR250R. Anyone in India who manufactures something like this?

I have been planning to ride with a pillion. However, my saddle bags sit pretty much on the pillion foot rests.
Check with Zana international. I have seen their saddle stays being used on CBR250's on a couple of TBHP members bikes.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2019, 09:38   #468
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions for New Owners

UPDATE

DO NOT, visit the below ASC, if you love your CBR. So far I haven't experienced any bad service, but, all the old team of folks experienced & trained by HMSI for CBR 250R have moved away. Offlate been hearing bad service experience even for Honda Activa as well. So if you still decide to visit, please do at your own risk

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post

Q. I'm from so & so location, tell me some competent ASC in my locality?JSP Honda, Chennai, Rajesh
The only alternate & still competitive folks to service CBR 250R in Chennai is Didar Honda, Chennai until now.
Old 27th June 2019, 12:40   #469
Senior - BHPian

Talking of ASCs, which ASC would Cochin folks suggest ? Need to service my CBR250R and looking for a competent & fair ASC at Cochin. Thanks !!!
Old 27th June 2019, 14:26   #470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Talking of ASCs, which ASC would Cochin folks suggest ? Need to service my CBR250R and looking for a competent & fair ASC at Cochin. Thanks !!!
Go to EVM Honda & if you find any issues, please PM me
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2019, 10:48   #471
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, aargee !!!
They have one at Vyttila which incidentally is also the nearest one for me. I had gone there last week just to look it up & looked good. Will get the bike serviced this week.
Old 21st August 2019, 11:01   #472
BHPian

The stock mirrors on my CBR are now beginning to shift in their grooves so I have to keep tweaking them even during a ride.

Replacing them seems the obvious thing.

I see a lot of CBR replacement mirrors on sites but with many it is not clear whether post fixing we will be able to see anything behind. The focus seems to be on looking good with chrome or having LED lights and less on its primary purpose.

Should I just go with a stock replacement or are there aftermarket mirrors which are better and easily available? If the latter would appreciate a link to where I can source them.

Thanks in advance.
Old 21st August 2019, 14:08   #473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevivek View Post
I see a lot of CBR replacement mirrors on sites but with many it is not clear whether post fixing we will be able to see anything behind. The focus seems to be on looking good with chrome or having LED lights and less on its primary purpose.

Thanks in advance.
I had switched from the stock mirrors to aliexpress sourced ones, mainly for style and since the stock mirror stalks were too long and a hindrance while parking.

The new aftermarket ones though look good and have been on my bike for the last 2 years, I still cannot get a good position that shows me what I want. Especially with riding jacket on, I have had to lift my arms to be able to see the road behind me So if functionality is your criteria, please get the replacement mirrors from Honda.
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 14:54   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I still cannot get a good position that shows me what I want. ... I have had to lift my arms to be able to see the road behind me
Thanks Aravind. Even with stock actually, about 1/3rd of both mirrors is blocked by my reflection so I often have to crane to see what's behind. So if it is worse than stock then I need something else.

I see a lot of ads for bar end mirrors some with convex surfaces which on the face of it may provide better rear visibility. Any ideas whether these are any good?
Old 21st August 2019, 15:55   #475
Senior - BHPian

You can replace the stock mirrors to something different that suit your style and visibility.

The utility of bar end mirrors will depend upon your riding style and place. In city there is always a possibility of cracking them while squeezing through tight spaces. Not to mention at certain rpm when the vibrations come in, they would be rendered useless. Also, they look good on a cafe racer but on a sports bike pretty ugly. Mounting is essential with them as various options are there, horizontal/vertical, high/low etc. One last thing, always invest in a quality mirror for your ride.

So, they can be useful to you or not depending upon your requirements and what you looking to get out of them.

Last edited by bigron : 21st August 2019 at 15:56.
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 16:39   #476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even with stock actually, about 1/3rd of both mirrors is blocked by my reflection so I often have to crane to see what's behind.
If rear visibility is an issue, please explore mirror extension/riser such as this one.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 17:03   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
So, they can be useful to you or not depending upon your requirements and what you looking to get out of them.
Thanks bigron, that was informative and I had of course neither considered the vibes or the stylistic aspects (with regard to it being on a faired sports tourer).

I will be mainly using it for touring (apart from kirana store runs and kid pick up and drop duties).

In urban driving even the stock mirrors keep occasionally hitting the sides of vehicles or other surrounding entities so stock are probably as good as it gets. I should probably slim down would be win-win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
If rear visibility is an issue, please explore mirror extension/riser such as ...this one[/url].
Thanks Sukiwa, had not considered this possibility. I suspect this too would have the vibes problem. Might probably buy just to see what this is like.
Old 21st August 2019, 18:43   #478
BANNED

Quote:
Replacing them seems the obvious thing.
Don't get Chinese replica's, they're mostly made using plain mirrors, there is really no excuse to putting yourself at risk for petty reasons that validate the use of such options, the locally available bar-end mirrors do come in the same category.

Simply put, DON'T USE PLAIN MIRROR RVM'S!

As for alternatives I've seen the OEM Ninja RVM's being used on quite a few CBR's, I've been told they're a direct fit and as reported by a fellow enthusiast the visibility is comparable to stock. Though do see for yourself before investing.

Ride Safe,
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 19:03   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Simply put, DON'T USE PLAIN MIRROR RVM'S!
Are you saying even stock RVM's are to be avoided

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
As for alternatives I've seen the OEM Ninja RVM's being used on quite a few CBR's
Thanks AP. I think I will just go with the stock, seems the least fuss.

Meanwhile while searching for RVMs I came across ads for convex mirrors which attach to the RVMs to remove blind spots, such as this

Anyone used any of these?
Old 21st August 2019, 20:06   #480
BANNED

Quote:
Are you saying even stock RVM's are to be avoided
Nope, OEM not plain, they Convex.

Quote:
A rear-view mirror (or rearview mirror) is a Convex mirror in automobiles and other vehicles
Source: Wikipedia

Have a look at Non-OEM and OEM mirrors side by side and you'll get why I'm stressing not to use cheap replicas, same applies for car's.

I got a friend an OEM mirror as his wedding gift cause he was oblivious and was still running Non-OEM replacements on his Zen in spite of me showing the difference on my Zen, both our cars are literally identical when it comes to ergonomics with the exception of Non-OEM replacement part on his, yet the dude couldn't spot the difference, scary part here being that the dude is a driver by profession.

Quote:
Thanks AP. I think I will just go with the stock, seems the least fuss.
You cant go wrong with stock.

Quote:
Meanwhile while searching for RVMs I came across ads for convex mirrors which attach to the RVMs to remove blind spots, such as

Anyone used any of these?
Get them from auto-rickshaw spare shops, costs Rs.25 per piece and are made from metal(i.e the frame).

I've installed them on both my rides, but later removed them as stock output was better as Bajaj Commuter RVM's are really good when it comes to visibility, though with RTR,P220 Stock, Honda Commuter and KTM RVM's these were a must for me due to the obvious blind spots.

Can't comment on CBR250R RVM's as I haven't ridden one with blind-spot mirrors on.

Last edited by ashwinprakas : 21st August 2019 at 20:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks