Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2016, 14:09   #376
BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Just FYI...
This looks amazing, Saar. Would love to hear how good this is during night riding with oncoming vehicles with hi-beam on.

Not sure if I shared this, but I changed to 100/90 bulbs with addition of hella wiring and relay. About 18k kms and 2 years later (lights on 100% of the time), it's still better than satisfactory for my usage. Would be happier with better lights for highway usage though.
Old 10th October 2016, 20:46   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post
I changed to 100/90 bulbs with addition of hella wiring and relay. About 18k kms and 2 years later (lights on 100% of the time), it's still better than satisfactory for my usage. Would be happier with better lights for highway usage though.
I *think* even a 100/130 will throw an unsatisfactory result for all the lights that Volvos, Merc & Scanias throw on the road. Even the old DCM Toyota & pre 2000 trucks have 4 headlights of 100/90 that hinder my sight, if not burn my retina!!

For over 6 months I was super risking my life on NH4 with zero visibility on few curves; I was very adamant for not having an aux light that its against law & will hinder sight of others on road. At one point I even thought I was aging or got used to 60/55 & hence couldn't appreciate the stock 60/55. Once when I was riding in city & suburb, I realized that I didn't had to turn on high beam & low beam was good enough. So the issue was not with my sight, but was with the beams of vehicles from opposite lane. Inside city, it wasn't much botheration due to bright street lights, but on NH, it's a totally different game.

That is when I felt that, my personal safety is more important for my well being & hence decided to go against my conscience & fit the aux.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2016, 04:48   #378
BHPian

Guys,

I have a small concern. My bike which is 15 month old and 5800 kms on clock has some wierd noise when braked hard - like khatak.

Took the bike to Abdul from Vihaan Honda for check up and he says the cone bearing of the bike is gone and needs to be changed. He is quoting me Rs 3000. My question - I feel that the bearing and the con set should to be replaced in the warranty as the bike's cone bearing should not be damaged in these few kms.

Another aspect is that I have extended warranty too and hence feel that it should be covered in that atleast.

Kindly suggest
Old 12th October 2016, 23:51   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2. I got these fixed recently; want to hear the comments? Some folks said LED headlights are better as they're kept safe inside the headlamp assy unit; the one I fitted has low life as it doesn't have fans to dissipate heat; I'm not touching anything w.r.t pricing aspect for now otherwise, I'll run out of pages.

So the point is, its your life, your money, your ride & both of the parties experience perspectives are different. You can seek the fact, but nothing beats people who're willing to share the depth of their experience; nothing beats it!! go with what they say & not with the keyboard warriors.
I'm a convert to your cause now!

Please share pictures of the final install and the URL from where you ordered the lights.
Old 13th October 2016, 14:47   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Please share pictures of the final install and the URL from where you ordered the lights.
Hold on; just hold on; I would've barely done about 11.5 hours with one light & 2.5 hours with other/twin setup. Its hard to positively conclude & arrive at the facts as it has not been put to test with a decent set of riding conditions.

Also I would like to check out how Merc's LED lights fair on night drives.

So before that, my comments are reserved & will only be biased without proper testing.

For now all I can say is, its too bright, simply too bright & on 2 occasion, people turned OFF their lights just because of me One was unintentional & the other one was intentional as the Sumo drove in wrong way (came direct opposite to me) with his 100/90's turned ON. He didn't even bother to low down his light despite I flickered my headlights 2-3 times. Once I turned ON the twin aux, he switched OFF his light. Best part is, when I switched them OFF, he turned his headlights to low beam.

But that's not the only point to conclude; life of LED, how it fairs when there's ample light, rains (drizzle & heavy), light fights with big trucks/buses & other LED's matter a lot & would like to test them before sharing my opinion here.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2016, 22:01   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hold on; just hold on; I would've barely done about 11.5 hours with one light & 2.5 hours with other/twin setup. Its hard to positively conclude & arrive at the facts as it has not been put to test with a decent set of riding conditions.

Also I would like to check out how Merc's LED lights fair on night drives.

So before that, my comments are reserved & will only be biased without proper testing.

For now all I can say is, its too bright, simply too bright & on 2 occasion, people turned OFF their lights just because of me One was unintentional & the other one was intentional as the Sumo drove in wrong way (came direct opposite to me) with his 100/90's turned ON. He didn't even bother to low down his light despite I flickered my headlights 2-3 times. Once I turned ON the twin aux, he switched OFF his light. Best part is, when I switched them OFF, he turned his headlights to low beam.

But that's not the only point to conclude; life of LED, how it fairs when there's ample light, rains (drizzle & heavy), light fights with big trucks/buses & other LED's matter a lot & would like to test them before sharing my opinion here.
In an ideal scenario I would prefer to have TWO separate beams - a driving beam aimed downwards to avoid the slightest bit of pain to oncoming traffic, and a "Persuader" aimed straight for those buses / sumos / Tata Ace trucks that do not bother to dip but blind oncoming traffic. It seems your current setup is more of a Persuader

Sir,

Life of LED is often rated at 50000 hours. Don't make me wait that long for your feedback!
Old 15th October 2016, 06:19   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In an ideal scenario I would prefer to have TWO separate beams - a driving beam aimed downwards to avoid the slightest bit of pain to oncoming traffic, and a "Persuader" aimed straight for those buses / sumos / Tata Ace trucks that do not bother to dip but blind oncoming traffic. It seems your current setup is more of a Persuader
I tried this one first, trust me, you'll not like this. One "not so" bright at low end & another "not so" bright at long end. Also another aspect with this LED lights are they scatter all over & that's why it took nearly a year (2014) to find out a LED lights that has spot beam & wide spread. These days you get spot beam, but still not as good as HIDs...sad truth :(

Quote:
Life of LED is often rated at 50000 hours. Don't make me wait that long for your feedback!
Made my morning. Thanks
LED lights are rated 50000 hours...for the TOP NOTCH brands such as Philips, Cree etc & that too with so many IF's & BUT's such as not to shake too much (no one defines the "too much") etc. So 50000 hours...welcome to reality
Old 16th October 2016, 10:36   #383
BHPian

Hi All,

I have booked a CBR 250 ABS last week and looking at a very long waiting period in Bangalore. I have exchanged my 2014 dec Pulsar ns200 to book the new CBR.

I have two big concerns on which I need your opinion on :-

1) Since the waiting period is 45 to 60 days, I risk going into 2017 with a 2016 bike in 'few days' of purchase. So should I wait?

2) Supposing point 1 happens, is CBR 300 the one to wait for? Any idea about its tentative launch atleast? And will it be worth the wait considering the 1 lakh additional premium expected in price.

3) Does the current CBR 250 ABS come with Conti tyres or MRF?

Note: I waited for so long for either CBR 300 launch or was praying yamaha or kawasaki to put abs on their r3 and n300 resp. And at this moment, I know I am going for a soon to be outdated bike, but I am running short of choices. No dukes please - i want comfort, i want full fairing, the best in class braking and best in class clutch (which I am a fan of in my brothers Repsol 250).

Last edited by sam_sant2005 : 16th October 2016 at 10:48.
sam_sant2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2016, 11:08   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
Hi All,

AFAIK, the CBR 250 ABS comes with Conti-go tyres.
farhadtarapore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2016, 14:39   #385
BHPian

Quote:
I have booked a CBR 250 ABS last week and looking at a very long waiting period in Bangalore. I have exchanged my 2014 dec Pulsar ns200 to book the new CBR.
1. Honda manufacturers these bikes in batches once enough bookings have been accepted. Last year's final production batch was November 2015. Next batch was produced in may 2016 (or april, can't recall). My friend waited till march 2016 for 2016 models to arrive but finally had to settle with November 2015 model.

2. Can't say anything.

3. My repsol abs (2015 may) came with MRF zapper S. While my friend's nov 2015 cbr250r abs came with contigos. Another guy who bought a non abs nov 2015 model had MRFs. All bikes i saw in the showroom (abs or non abs) had contigo tyres.
So i think its all about luck.

Last edited by ampere : 16th October 2016 at 16:00. Reason: Fixed quoted post
hgps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2016, 19:09   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

I have two big concerns on which I need your opinion on :-

1) Since the waiting period is 45 to 60 days, I risk going into 2017 with a 2016 bike in 'few days' of purchase. So should I wait?

2) Supposing point 1 happens, is CBR 300 the one to wait for? Any idea about its tentative launch atleast? And will it be worth the wait considering the 1 lakh additional premium expected in price.

Note: I waited for so long for either CBR 300 launch or was praying yamaha or kawasaki to put abs on their r3 and n300 resp. And at this moment, I know I am going for a soon to be outdated bike, but I am running short of choices. No dukes please - i want comfort, i want full fairing, the best in class braking and best in class clutch (which I am a fan of in my brothers Repsol 250).
1 and 2) There's no knowing if they're planning a launch or not. But there was an article that mentioned that the CBR300 was not going to launch here at all. I'd suggest wait a bit, but not for any CBR launch, but for the BMW launch. At this point, you can wait till the end of the year or for EICMA (Nov 10th) for impending announcements and expected launch dates.

3) Contigos. As soon as you take them out of the showroom, go to a tyre place and switch to Michelin Pilot Street radials. I waited 14k kilometers for that and I realized that I made a big mistake waiting that long. I had run the edges of the tyres down to the steel belts while there was plenty of tread on the center.

Some other notes - 2017 will be a good year for nice bike releases here I reckon. If you absolutely have to have a bike now, you should be able to get some CBR250R ABS models for a little over 1.2-1.4 with low kms run. You can use that for a year or two until things stabilize in the market here.
Shanenanigans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2016, 19:40   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgps View Post
1. Honda manufacturers these bikes in batches once enough bookings have been accepted. Last year's final production batch was November 2015. Next batch was produced in may 2016 (or april, can't recall). My friend waited till march 2016 for 2016 models to arrive but finally had to settle with November 2015 model.
So i think its all about luck.
If that is the case, I should worry. The salesman did tell me no one can help with the delivery and it all depends on when Honda factory goes ahead and produces one! But when you say Nov production batch when does the delivery start? Is it Nov itself or few months later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanenanigans View Post
1 and 2) There's no knowing if they're planning a launch or not. But there was an article that mentioned that the CBR300 was not going to launch here at all. I'd suggest wait a bit, but not for any CBR launch, but for the BMW launch. At this point, you can wait till the end of the year or for EICMA (Nov 10th) for impending announcements and expected launch dates.
I hope you meant BMW G310R. I am not impressed with the looks though. And no guarantee they will have ABS option. CBR300, yes was decided officially by Honda to not launch in India but that was July news. So I was checking whether Honda has kept it for early 2017 launch.

Quote:
3) Contigos. As soon as you take them out of the showroom, go to a tyre place and switch to Michelin Pilot Street radials. I waited 14k kilometers for that and I realized that I made a big mistake waiting that long. I had run the edges of the tyres down to the steel belts while there was plenty of tread on the center.
I have a good experience with Michelin on my Ertiga as well as the outgoing Pulsar NS200. Agree to you. But I use the bike only for office commute and I dont do any long trips. For Ns200 I had to change to Michelin Pilot Street because the stock Eurogrip was the worst tyre I have ever ridden on in my past 18 yrs motorcycle history (You think of braking, it skids!!!)

Quote:
Some other notes - 2017 will be a good year for nice bike releases here I reckon. If you absolutely have to have a bike now, you should be able to get some CBR250R ABS models for a little over 1.2-1.4 with low kms run. You can use that for a year or two until things stabilize in the market here.
Honestly I dont have any urgency as such since I use my car to office in the meanwhile. I did try out a few low km CBR's through OLX. However somehow decided against it. One main reason being I wanted to exchange my Ns200 too. Got a great deal from Silicon Honda so sold it to them last week and that became my booking amount. So no looking back for me (New bike has to be a Honda). Only thing I can do is to push the delivery purposely by few months if any day I hear about CBR300 launch, which of course is highly unlikely at this moment.

Last edited by sam_sant2005 : 16th October 2016 at 19:45.
Old 16th October 2016, 20:06   #388
BHPian

Quote:
If that is the case, I should worry. The salesman did tell me no one can help with the delivery and it all depends on when Honda factory goes ahead and produces one! But when you say Nov production batch when does the delivery start? Is it Nov itself or few months later?
It doesn't take long for new bikes to arrive in the showroom. But the issue is, Honda salespeople don't give concrete date for delivery. Atleast your sales guy was honest with you.
hgps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2016, 22:30   #389
BHPian

Quote:
I hope you meant BMW G310R. I am not impressed with the looks though. And no guarantee they will have ABS option. CBR300, yes was decided officially by Honda to not launch in India but that was July news. So I was checking whether Honda has kept it for early 2017 launch.
Yes the G310R (I'm looking at that as well as the GS310). The ABS is guaranteed.

Quote:
I have a good experience with Michelin on my Ertiga as well as the outgoing Pulsar NS200. Agree to you. But I use the bike only for office commute and I dont do any long trips. For Ns200 I had to change to Michelin Pilot Street because the stock Eurogrip was the worst tyre I have ever ridden on in my past 18 yrs motorcycle history (You think of braking, it skids!!!)
The ContiGos are horrid tyres. No wet grip whatsoever. Dry was okay once they were done heating up, which took an hour. I do tour a lot, but I managed to wear out the edges of the tyres first while the middle looked like they had another 6-8k on them.

Besides if you want the bike for office commute, you'd have to get used to the riding position. The 200NS is upright, while this is relatively slightly more aggressive, putting more weight on your wrists and shoulders.

Quote:
Honestly I dont have any urgency as such since I use my car to office in the meanwhile. I did try out a few low km CBR's through OLX. However somehow decided against it. One main reason being I wanted to exchange my Ns200 too. Got a great deal from Silicon Honda so sold it to them last week and that became my booking amount. So no looking back for me (New bike has to be a Honda). Only thing I can do is to push the delivery purposely by few months if any day I hear about CBR300 launch, which of course is highly unlikely at this moment.
Well the CBR300 isn't going to get launched. Maybe you'll get to know at EICMA.
Old 17th October 2016, 06:42   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wait for what? And what's "risking" going into 2017 with a 2016 bike? Then I should be the one who's living life on edge or may be even falling apart. I'm risking a 2011 model vehicle in 2017, isn't that riskiest of all

Quote:
2) Supposing point 1 happens, is CBR 300 the one to wait for? Any idea about its tentative launch atleast? And will it be worth the wait considering the 1 lakh additional premium expected in price
CBR 300 is not going to see India, but, incase that's on your mind, nothing wrong holding until Mar/Apr 2017.

Quote:
MRF seen on several motorcycles in Chennai; but if you can buy an Elephant you can certainly afford for a howdah!! Exchange the stupid Conti for Michelin by paying a little more by striking a deal with a multi brand tire dealer or get a little money lesser than MRP & upgrade for Michelin Street Radial

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks