Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2012, 00:06   #46

Re: Rebirth : Vespa Scooters Launched in India @ Rs. 66,000

The retro looks though timeless , will not go down well with everyone and overall it does not have the mass appeal of the Japanese counterparts ; therefore this will sell albeit a niche product like the BMW Mini of the Scooters in India.
And it's too expensive for utility or practicality purposes.
Old 29th April 2012, 22:40   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pics & Report: At Piaggio's new Vespa Plant

Wonderful pictures that capture the making of Vespa in India.This is the thrid time that Vespa is entering Indian market and all by itself.
Coincidentally I made a trip to the Vespa Showroom today and took a test ride of the LX 125.It was a pleasure to ride this italian beauty.
Attached Thumbnails
Rebirth : Vespa Scooters Launched in India @ Rs. 66,000-img00181201204291215.jpg  

Rebirth : Vespa Scooters Launched in India @ Rs. 66,000-img00182201204291215.jpg  

Rebirth : Vespa Scooters Launched in India @ Rs. 66,000-img00185201204291219.jpg  

hillram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2012, 19:32   #48
Senior - BHPian

Me thinks this Vespa has actually brought a few restoration plans out of cold storage. Which can only be a good thing
Maybe it also increases resal value for originally retro Vespas

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Then I showed this thread to my wife.
All plans of buying this scooter are quashed. I was told quite curtly that if I had 70K, I can please put the money down on a Nano.
Very good idea! +1 to that, though I must prick a bubble and tell you the Nano costs around 2L for the mid range model. But yeah you could exchange any vehicle for that one and get a bonus
Old 30th April 2012, 21:18   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
I made a trip to the Vespa Showroom today and took a test ride of the LX 125.It was a pleasure to ride this italian beauty.
How about giving us a shot test ride report and a comparison with the competition like Swish/Aviator.
Old 30th April 2012, 22:10   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
How about giving us a shot test ride report and a comparison with the competition like Swish/Aviator.
Thanks.I have never riden an Aviator of to that matter,any of the scooters.I will be soon acquiring the new Vespa.I will defenitly post on the ownership thread.
Old 30th April 2012, 23:38   #51
Senior - BHPian

I love this scooter and have always been wondering when it would be introduced in india and now here we go. I am dissapointed at the price we arent getting the european engine. But this definately would never be my daily commute to bother about mileage etc. my wife is dissapointed that the pink one has not been introduced. Iam glad :-)
On a serious note any ideas where the showroom in mumbai would be? Also if they have introduced accessories like front fly screen etc which makes the scooter look really cool. Thanks for the pics
Old 2nd May 2012, 11:39   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
I love this scooter and have always been wondering when it would be introduced in india and now here we go. I am dissapointed at the price we arent getting the european engine. But this definately would never be my daily commute to bother about mileage etc. my wife is dissapointed that the pink one has not been introduced. Iam glad :-)
On a serious note any ideas where the showroom in mumbai would be? Also if they have introduced accessories like front fly screen etc which makes the scooter look really cool. Thanks for the pics

They have two showrooms in Mumbai: Bhandup and thane
test drive can be booked online as well
Asset Motors

C1,AC Bldg ,Kantilal Maganlal Estate , Old Pannalal Silk Mill Compound,LBS Marg , Bhandup(west),Mumbai,Maharashtra
Pincode :400078

Spice Motors Pvt. Ltd.

Plot -A-321,Rd no.22 Wagle Industrial Estate,Thane(W),Maharashtra
Pincode :400604

source: VESPA - INDIA
vikramvicky1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2012, 12:50   #53
BHPian

Booked the one in Red for my better half. Will get the delivery by 20th May. I wanted her to go for yellow, but well you know it wasn't something that was up for discussion. One shush and I was ported back to my place.

About the scooter. Well, I liked the riding comfort it offered. Better than my Activa (1st gen). But what I really liked about it was the mileage that ARAI has tested. A whopping 66 kmpl. Even if I get 45 in Bangalore bumper to bumper traffic, I'm good with it.

I know it's over-priced by 20k IMO, but hey! Just for pure distinction and couple of innovations and mileage and satisfying your better half's need...it is not too much :P
creative420 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2012, 20:41   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420

About the scooter. Well, I liked the riding comfort it offered. Better than my Activa (1st gen). But what I really liked about it was the mileage that ARAI has tested. A whopping 66 kmpl. Even if I get 45 in Bangalore bumper to bumper traffic, I'm good with it.

I know it's over-priced by 20k IMO, but hey! Just for pure distinction and couple of innovations and mileage and satisfying your better half's need...it is not too much :P
How is the pickup compared to the activa? Unfortunately all the dealers in mumbai are in the distant suburbs, so will have to wait for the weekend to testdrive.
Old 3rd May 2012, 01:17   #55
BHPian

A Vespa LX150 is about $5000 (INR 2.5L) here and you guys are complaining about 66K? I just linked this page to a forum where a member wondered how these can be imported to Canada
Old 3rd May 2012, 03:15   #56
Senior - BHPian

@1290 , wheelbase is longer than TVS WEGO
8 litres is excellent fuel tank capacity for a scooter.
72K OTR without a disk brake & tubelesstyres

Footboard is not flat which to me is a disadvantage since it compromises the utility of footboard.

Who is the target user for this scooter?
I do not have any answers to the above query, team do you?
Old 3rd May 2012, 11:35   #57
Senior - BHPian

[quote=silverado;2764968Who is the target user for this scooter?
I do not have any answers to the above query, team do you?[/quote]

I am scratching my head on the same question.

Who is the Target Buyer?

1. Young generation & Ladies? They will always prefer like of Activa, Swish, Access, Wego, Scooty etc (as all there are much cheaper the Vespa).

2. People above 40 years of age who were earlier hooked to Bajaj Scooters? They can be a potential market, but will this segment buy the numbers Vespa is targeting? I doubt.

Frankly, I feel the Price is too high considering the features. I am expecting a bunch of discounts / freebies in couple of months down the line.

Thanks,
Old 3rd May 2012, 11:49   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post

Who is the Target Buyer?

1. Young generation & Ladies? They will always prefer like of Activa, Swish, Access, Wego, Scooty etc (as all there are much cheaper the Vespa).

2. People above 40 years of age who were earlier hooked to Bajaj Scooters? They can be a potential market, but will this segment buy the numbers Vespa is targeting? I doubt.

Frankly, I feel the Price is too high considering the features. I am expecting a bunch of discounts / freebies in couple of months down the line.

Thanks,
In fact, I think it will be the young generation and ladies which will drive the demand the most. Especially when the older generation will egg them on because of reliability and nostalgia values that they have witnessed in their time.

You are underestimating the power of design, which i feel is the biggest USP against the other scooters you mention above. In this age, design is the biggest winner, Apple has proven again and again.

I agree with you that there needs to be freebies to actually push the potential buyers into signing the scooter up. A matching Vespa accessory will have ladies clamouring in.

This is a premium scooter in the end; Vespa is trying to create a niche for itself.
click is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 16:22   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
How is the pickup compared to the activa? Unfortunately all the dealers in mumbai are in the distant suburbs, so will have to wait for the weekend to testdrive.
My 2005 Activa has got a better pick up than the Vespa I test-drove. But the riding comfort is better with Vespa. I'll put up a detailed review if I get it before someone else does And I'll be concluding the deal on Saturday. So maybe I'll take it for a longer ride and share how it goes.
Old 3rd May 2012, 16:26   #60
BHPian

Monocoque ??? If so, suppose the scooter is hit on the leff body and we find its irreparable do we need to change the whole body frame? If its was activa or Access we would need that particular piece get replaced right.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks