Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2019, 19:23   #181
BANNED

Re: Yamaha Ray Ownership Review. A ray of hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Can I fit this in Ray-Z because the stock one is 35W HS1?

https://www.amazon.in/Osram-Halogen-.../dp/B01IDF979I
You'd basically be experimenting but many of us have replaced our 35/35's with the same 45/40 Bulb without any major concerns as it is a direct fit.

The difference in light output is phenomenal though.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 21:14   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Can I fit this in Ray-Z because the stock one is 35W HS1?

https://www.amazon.in/Osram-Halogen-.../dp/B01IDF979I
Using it on my Dio from more than a year. Just swapped the bulbs without any other chances. The lighting improvement is indeed considerable.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 12:26   #183
Senior - BHPian

In 4 years of owning our Ray-Z, we are currently on the 3rd accelerator cable. More so in a sparingly used bike that has till date done 10K odd kms only.

The problem starts with an increased idle-rpm which means the bike just moves on without accelerator input. Which is not only dangerous and irritating, but bad for the brakes too. Got the cable changed a year or so ago and all was good. Then the problem recurred couple weeks ago and another cable change.

Not sure if its a one-off case or others have also had this issue ?

The speedo/odo cable also had to be replaced twice.
supremeBaleno is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 11:18   #184

It has happened with mine as well. I guess it's a manufacturing defect, and Yamaha is not accepting it.
Old 28th August 2020, 19:18   #185
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
In 4 years of owning our Ray-Z, we are currently on the 3rd accelerator cable. More so in a sparingly used bike that has till date done 10K odd kms only.

The problem starts with an increased idle-rpm which means the bike just moves on without accelerator input. Which is not only dangerous and irritating, but bad for the brakes too. Got the cable changed a year or so ago and all was good. Then the problem recurred couple weeks ago and another cable change.

Not sure if its a one-off case or others have also had this issue ?

Year of manufacture? Is it Ray-Z or ZR?
Old 21st July 2021, 19:33   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post

The same set of problems happened to me. Mine is a 2016 Ray-Z with a total ODO reading of about 8K.
The idle RPM starts to increase and then the accelerator cable starts getting stuck at speed. Then the vehicle starts to move without any manual accelerator inputs while stationary and to decelerate from speed one has to rely on brakes as the cable won't budge. Once it starts it gets worse with time. I once crashed my bike on our gate when I got down to open the gate and the bike moved by itself because of this fault.
The Cable was changed once by ASS, but the last time this happened the ASS just adjusted and lubricated and it has been fine for more than a year.

The speedometer wire also went kaput twice. The first time was when I checked air at a local petrol bunk. These cables are very delicate. The last time was when I serviced the vehicle at a local garage and the KM gauge stopped moving. Yamaha ASS suggested changing the entire speedometer unit for more than 2k. I got it fixed locally for about 750 Rs.

Another persistent issue I got was noise from the engine compartment when using kick starter. It used to sound like an old rickety autorickshaw. And will go away after some time running. This would not happen after using the electric starter. ASS resolved it by servicing clutch components.

Servicing the vehicle locally, more often than not, introduces more problems since they are not well versed with this scooter. So I have reverted back to the ASS.
If anyone knows any reliable and competant independent garage for servicing bikes at Tambaram to Medavakkam stretch (Chennai), please let me know.
darkfantasy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 15:34   #187
BHPian

Hello,

I've recently purchased a pre owned Yamaha Cygnus Ray Z BS IV scooter (MY 2017)

I'm trying to get a PDF copy of the owner's manual and service manual.

If any of you could kindly share the same that would be great.

Also what is the tire pressure recommended ?

Thanks !
vaasscit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 18:14   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasscit View Post
Hello,

I've recently purchased a pre owned Yamaha Cygnus Ray Z BS IV scooter (MY 2017)

I'm trying to get a PDF copy of the owner's manual and service manual.

If any of you could kindly share the same that would be great.

Also what is the tire pressure recommended ?

Thanks !
Air pressure is 22 front and 36 psi rear as per the manual
The Pain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 19:29   #189
BHPian

It's been a little over 10 years of owning and riding the Yamaha Ray. I still love riding this scooter over the activa and maestro in my garage.

My wife still feels it's her favorite and sometimes acts possessive about it.

We've clocked 62000kms on it and have never had to replace the accelerator cable. However we did replace the tyres, brake pads, choke cable and seat cover.

It still feels peppy and happy.

We need to replace the tyres for the second time on the scooter and I happened to visit JC road in Bangalore to get the tyres replaced.

I bumped upon Mr. Vijay from the TVS Eurogrip authorised outlet and he also sells other brand tyres like ceat, mrf, birla, maxis besides TVS.

He was prompt and offered me exceptional service to have my ray tyres replaced with Ceat tyres. He also expertises in sales of various tyre accessories.

While changing the tyres it was noticed that the rims had rusted so the same were replaced too.

Any issues with scooter tyres you may reach out to Vijay or visit his outlet. He can be contacted on 9663555599
yikes6633 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks