Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2012, 16:48   #46
BHPian

Re: Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS : Ownership Review, 2200 Kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden.pedal99 View Post
Hey Preetam, Congratulations on a great purchase. The review has been greatly written and spiced up with fantastic photos. Can i know which camera and lens are you using.
Thanks Mate! Canon 7D + Canon 24-70 2.8L

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Hi Preetam, what do I say about the quality of writing and photography in this thread? Man, I seriously don't know how to describe. It was a feast for the brain as well as the eyes. That was a superb and honest review. As you rightly said, the Pulsar 200 NS is one of the best things to have happened to the Indian biking scene and that it is from an Indian manufacturer makes its case sweeter. Here is wishing you a very happy and long ownership of the Pulsar 200 NS! Keep those stunning pictures coming. I just can't have enough of it.
Thanks Arvi!
Hope to keep this thread alive for a long time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnaspectre View Post
Beautiful Review Preetam... Good to see that you upgraded to better tyres. Yes, the TVS eurogrip tyres are the biggest let down on the 200NS. Bajaj now needs to improve in its after sales interactions with bike owners, especially the Pulsar range owners, like they are doing with KTM, listen to the customer, give optional factory ungrades/accessories, organise track days/ meets. This will great to take both the Pulsar brand as well as the customer forward.
Thanks Magnaspectre! The eurogrips were completely unusable if you ask me. The MRF Revz are also a worthy upgrade for this bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
That's an interesting question though - which is the fastest sub 3-lakh bike available in India? In terms of actual top speed, in a straight line, in totally stock condition, and never mind how long it takes to get to the top speed. Would be great to know.
With all my past experiences, this is how I would put it.
Hyosung GT 250R > Honda CBR 250R > Pulsar 200 NS > KTM 200 > Pulsar 220F > R15 v2
I was the rider in all occasions except on the Hyosung.
Actually I am considering the Hyosung, to bring in a bit more confusion to the already confused world of motoring on 2 wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Its a well known fact that the NS has an optimistic speedo. This is because of the many cases Ive seen an NS doing top speeds and still being overtaken by a Duke. From fastest to slowest in terms of top speed IMO- CBR 250r, R15, Duke/ Pulsar. Please correct me if Im wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
The R15 is the slowest, I am pretty sure of that.
I would say CBR250r > Pulsar NS > Duke (new ones) > R15
Ditto, It is slower than a Pulsar 220F as well. No questions on that.

Quote:
But I doubt if the Pulsar NS is faster than the new Dukes, sir. Im not those racing types, but my buddy who has good control over bikes, and got the Duke along with me, demonstrated the phenomenon. The road was straight. We got the 200NS upto top speeds iirc 143 and the duke still overtook it and had cut off at 137kmph. Both my friends are good riders, unlike me who has seldom touched triple digits. So I still have doubts about the NS speedometer. But for me top speeds hardly matter. I want to get to a place while enjoying the scenery around, not fly by all the wonderful landscapes.
Thats not the point Partha. It is not about one rider, or one particular bike in question. It is about whether you can hit the limit in each of those things. Other than these times, there is always the hold at 5K rpm and cruise along!
preetam_KORG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2012, 17:54   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post

With all my past experiences, this is how I would put it.
Hyosung GT 250R > Honda CBR 250R > Pulsar 200 NS > KTM 200 > Pulsar 220F > R15 v2
I was the rider in all occasions except on the Hyosung.

!
Are these all GPS tested speeds? I dont like hearing accusations like NS having an overoptimistic speedo. Why is there a manipulation at the manufacturer level to alter the speedo measurements?

And the above comparison seems more like which bike can reach the top speeds fastest. Is Pulsar 220 really faster than R15?

Quote:
Thats not the point Partha. It is not about one rider, or one particular bike in question. It is about whether you can hit the limit in each of those things. Other than these times, there is always the hold at 5K rpm and cruise along!
I didnt understand this part.

P.s youve got some amazing photography skills mate.

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 12th December 2012 at 18:00.
Old 13th December 2012, 13:29   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Tejus! Unlike the old Pulsars, this one does quite a few things rather well!

The parts are not of the best quality but sufficiently good quality to endure torture. I have owned a Pulsar 150 and it all depends on how well it is being maintained. When I'd bought that, it was 3rd hand to me, and was in tatters. When I sold it off though, I got the same price which I bought it for.
Wow! That's an amazing resale value. I was in for a shock recently when my 2 year old ZMA-R was quoted for less than half the price I shelled out. Guess I'll hold back a change for the time being and save up for something bigger

Glad to see folks investing in riding gear. Keep us posted on your ownership experience.
Old 13th December 2012, 15:36   #49
BHPian

I am contemplating on a new bike purchase and P200 is what i am thinking of right now.I will be using it mostly for city riding and touring every 3 or 4 months Eventhough the bike is VFM with all the tech and gadgetry,looks like the initial batches had issues like disc wobbling,hard gears and vibrations.

Any idea if these have been taken care off in the current batches?I have high expectations on the refinement front as i am upgrading from the Honda Unicorn..

My other option is the P220F.Proven for touring with those amazing projector lights
Old 14th December 2012, 12:01   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
I am contemplating on a new bike purchase and P200 is what i am thinking of right now.I will be using it mostly for city riding and touring every 3 or 4 months Eventhough the bike is VFM with all the tech and gadgetry,looks like the initial batches had issues like disc wobbling,hard gears and vibrations.

Any idea if these have been taken care off in the current batches?I have high expectations on the refinement front as i am upgrading from the Honda Unicorn..

My other option is the P220F.Proven for touring with those amazing projector lights
I own a P200 NS which i bought on 26th July, i never faced any issues mentioned by you.The bike is much more refined than P220F.Vibrations are there(only between 5-6k) but as a fix for that Bajaj has come up with new Tank Gaskets for the tank screws which will be replaced for all existing 200 NS FOC.Projector lamp is the only plus in 220 F.
Headlights are quiet powerful-upgrade to philips bluevision if night touring a lot.
Power,pickup,mileage,6 gears,liquid cooled engine,contemporary design-- 200 NS is a real steal for 1 lakh INR.Me getting a mileage of 38-40 kmpl in city and around 48-50 on the highways
InControl is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 12:58   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post
I own a P200 NS which i bought on 26th July, i never faced any issues mentioned by you.The bike is much more refined than P220F.Vibrations are there(only between 5-6k) but as a fix for that Bajaj has come up with new Tank Gaskets for the tank screws which will be replaced for all existing 200 NS FOC.Projector lamp is the only plus in 220 F.
Headlights are quiet powerful-upgrade to philips bluevision if night touring a lot.
Power,pickup,mileage,6 gears,liquid cooled engine,contemporary design-- 200 NS is a real steal for 1 lakh INR.Me getting a mileage of 38-40 kmpl in city and around 48-50 on the highways
Incontrol - Thanks for your feedback.Is there vibrations in the handlebar and footpegs?I mean is it so bad that its a matter of concern...like they prevent you from cruising at that speeds?
Old 14th December 2012, 15:52   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Incontrol - Thanks for your feedback.Is there vibrations in the handlebar and footpegs?I mean is it so bad that its a matter of concern...like they prevent you from cruising at that speeds?
Hi Sam,

No vibrations on handlebar and footpegs(none on front, a little bit on the rear footpeg as it does not have any rubber padding).Little Vibrations can be felt at the tank between 6.5k to 7.5k rpm.But nothing too discomforting.I am one of the members of the exclusive P200 NS owners club "Naked Wolves" in bangalore(Around 150 strong as of now) and we regularly go out for trips.200 NS is quiet a mile-muncher and you will never feel the distance you have covered.
Only problem at high speed is the crosswinds(it being a naked bike) that starts troubling after 128kmph.However, if you stick to the tank like a frog you can reach speedo-indicated 155 kmph.
There is a slight buzzing sound from the console which can be easily fixed using double sided tape.
Some folks including me faced some noise coming from the rear disks initially every two days because of the dirt which used to go if you pour two mugs of water.Now, as the disc pads have bedded in, no such problems. I am very happy with the bike(upgraded from a P180 UG-3)
Old 14th December 2012, 16:40   #53
BHPian

Quote:
There are not much vibrations on the handlebar and none so on the foot pegs.Only vibrations are on tanks(not very bad) which are going to get fixed.you can easily cruise at 110 kmph all day long.
Old 14th December 2012, 17:07   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sam,

No vibrations on handlebar and footpegs(none on front, a little bit on the rear footpeg as it does not have any rubber padding).Little Vibrations can be felt at the tank between 6.5k to 7.5k rpm.But nothing too discomforting.I am one of the members of the exclusive P200 NS owners club "Naked Wolves" in bangalore(Around 150 strong as of now) and we regularly go out for trips.200 NS is quiet a mile-muncher and you will never feel the distance you have covered.
Only problem at high speed is the crosswinds(it being a naked bike) that starts troubling after 128kmph.However, if you stick to the tank like a frog you can reach speedo-indicated 155 kmph.
There is a slight buzzing sound from the console which can be easily fixed using double sided tape.
Some folks including me faced some noise coming from the rear disks initially every two days because of the dirt which used to go if you pour two mugs of water.Now, as the disc pads have bedded in, no such problems. I am very happy with the bike(upgraded from a P180 UG-3)

Thanks Incontrol - That was some very helpful info!

ROFL on the bold statement!
Sam.k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2012, 16:10   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Is this tank gasket free to replace, and if so, whats the procedure to go about it? There is a buzzing vibrations which drones out the engine noise at around 5-7K RPM...

EDIT: Sorry, missed the FOC part! Thanks anyway!
preetam_KORG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2012, 10:13   #56
BHPian

Quote:

Is this tank gasket free to replace, and if so, whats the procedure to go about it? There is a buzzing vibrations which drones out the engine noise at around 5-7K RPM...

EDIT: Sorry, missed the FOC part! Thanks anyway!
it will be replaced under warranty.However parts ar yet to arrive in bangalore.Set to come on Tuesday.They told they will call all 200 NS owners and inform(fat chance).so, pls call ur service centre before heading out
Old 16th December 2012, 17:29   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Are these all GPS tested speeds? I dont like hearing accusations like NS having an overoptimistic speedo. Why is there a manipulation at the manufacturer level to alter the speedo measurements?

And the above comparison seems more like which bike can reach the top speeds fastest.
I do take magazine's impressions of an automobile with a pinch of salt. Same goes for their figs. but with no better option, I am quoting Overdrive's top-speed figs for you

GT-250R - 146.2kmph
CBR 250-R 146.82 kmph
Pulsar 200 NS - 119kmph (seems they couldn't test the top-end), but we can safely assume it to post ~ 130kmph
P-220 - 133.3kmph
R15 V2 - 131
KTM 200 - 132.67

To spice things up, they quote Ninja 250R's top-end fig at - 149.4kmph

Interestingly KTM is faster than GT till 400mtrs. Is teeny weeny faster than CBR-250R till 60, but post that CBR nudges ahead. The others are not in the same orbit. From what I know, if you start pushing them (street/track doesn't matter) the KTM with other 250's will always be ahead.

To give you an example, I on my daily commute with the R15 didn't see speeds over 120kmph that frequently, but on the 250R, I reach somewhere around 135kmph, same stretch. The R15 was more exciting, save for the thrust on CBR.

Overdrive as far as I know welcomes visitors & you may check out as to how they check & clock figs on various automobiles, so if you have questions, ask @ mailbox.overdrive.co.in

Quote:
Is Pulsar 220 really faster than R15?
That would open a can of worms
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2012, 02:36   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I do take magazine's impressions of an automobile with a pinch of salt. Same goes for their figs. but with no better option, I am quoting Overdrive's top-speed figs for you

GT-250R - 146.2kmph
CBR 250-R 146.82 kmph
Pulsar 200 NS - 119kmph (seems they couldn't test the top-end), but we can safely assume it to post ~ 130kmph
P-220 - 133.3kmph
R15 V2 - 131
KTM 200 - 132.67

To spice things up, they quote Ninja 250R's top-end fig at - 149.4kmph

Interestingly KTM is faster than GT till 400mtrs. Is teeny weeny faster than CBR-250R till 60, but post that CBR nudges ahead. The others are not in the same orbit. From what I know, if you start pushing them (street/track doesn't matter) the KTM with other 250's will always be ahead.

To give you an example, I on my daily commute with the R15 didn't see speeds over 120kmph that frequently, but on the 250R, I reach somewhere around 135kmph, same stretch. The R15 was more exciting, save for the thrust on CBR.

Overdrive as far as I know welcomes visitors & you may check out as to how they check & clock figs on various automobiles, so if you have questions, ask @ mailbox.overdrive.co.in

That would open a can of worms

Pulsar 220F stock can touch 145 kms/hr, with the speedo error considered, so should be around 140kms/hr or so. Managed once on Outer Ring Road Blr. Regarding the R15 vs P220F saga, have used both myself and prefer the Pulsar for the quick acceleration. R15 was smooth though, but arms hurt because of the riding position.
Old 10th January 2013, 11:07   #59
BHPian

My bike has now done about 4000 kms.

From common consensus I have found that the 200 NS is regularly giving 38-40 in city runs, as well as 45-50 kpl claims for highways.
However, this is sadly not the case for me. My bike has been giving about 30-32 in the city and haven't really had a chance to take her out on a highway. From whatever short rides I've done, I have never seen 35+ on her.

I have always measured the mileage with a full tank to reserve capacity (9.5 litres - 9.8 litres) and have always clocked about 300 odd kilometres (5% more or less) with that amount of fuel. Are there any more 200NS users who can really tell me what they have been getting on their bikes.

I have tried all possible rev ranges to curb consumption, have ridden between 3K-4K rpm, changing up at 4.5K rpm all the time for a full tank, I tell you this has been the most arduous task for me till date! .

Strangely enough the mileage seems to get better with runs in between 5-6k rpm, which I have also done with a full tank, thankfully that wasn't as arduous as the former task!

Please let me know if anyone has found the same phenomenon, and if so, any possible explanation to the same!

Cheers
Preetam
Old 5th February 2013, 22:48   #60
BHPian

Note from Team-BHP Support : We do NOT permit bumping up your own query. Such posts are classified as SPAM. Please do NOT inconvenience other users by bumping up your own posts.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 11th February 2013 at 13:23. Reason: See the note in the post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks