Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2013, 11:05   #91
BHPian

Re: Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS : Ownership Review, 2200 Kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Godspeed View Post
Can some one make me buy pulsar 200NS rather than the P220?
i am buying one this month and for reasons i cant explain i can only think of buying p220 even though its outdated and the price difference is not much compared to 200NS.
im 6'2 and 200ns looks short could be one reason.
(96k on-road for p220)

a. Better tech
b. Better power
c. Better performance at rpm>5k
d. Better Mileage
e. More refined Engine.
f. Latest Bike Model,Awesome Look,Naked Street fighter
g. Better body Balance and easy to cut through traffic.
h. Almost zero damage to the bike in case of petty falls(remember no fairing)
InControl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2013, 22:28   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post
a. Better tech
b. Better power
c. Better performance at rpm>5k
d. Better Mileage
e. More refined Engine.
f. Latest Bike Model,Awesome Look,Naked Street fighter
g. Better body Balance and easy to cut through traffic.
h. Almost zero damage to the bike in case of petty falls(remember no fairing)
Point g and h is an EYE OPENER! i could really use the traffic ease cause my clients are all time sensitive. But the bike feels very small for me im 6'2 and a heavy weight
Team_Godspeed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 07:06   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Point g and h is an EYE OPENER! i could really use the traffic ease cause my clients are all time sensitive. But the bike feels very small for me im 6'2 and a heavy weight
I am 5'11" and weight on the bad side of 100 kgs.
Trust me, the bike doesn't feel small.

Note from Support - High speed figures have been edited out. Please do not post such numbers unless it was achieved on closed roads / race tracks.

Last edited by n_aditya : 3rd April 2013 at 10:51.
preetam_KORG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 14:20   #94
BHPian

let me go to the showroom this Sunday and examine again, and one thing i noticed is the 200ns makes less sound compared to p220, didn't give me that power feeling.
Old 3rd April 2013, 10:48   #95
BHPian

Quote:
let me go to the showroom this Sunday and examine again, and one thing i noticed is the 200ns makes less sound compared to p220, didn't give me that power feeling.
Yes, the 200NS makes less of a racket as compared to the 220. One of the reasons being the 220 engine is not as refined, and secondly the 200NS really doesn't have an exhaust muffler per se.

Last edited by preetam_KORG : 3rd April 2013 at 10:53.
preetam_KORG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2013, 12:33   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikoner_03 View Post
Hey Preetam, Congrats on the super steed!! I feel the 200 NS is more sensible to own considering more mileage/kmpl over the Duke. Plus my guru aka Dilip Bam recommends this over the duke for the triple spark plug = more mileage. Here are a few questions I had:
How comfortable was the long ride?
How is the heat from the radiator in stop-go traffic?
I normally ferry my kid on bike (Unicorn) to his school, since he is a toddler I don't allow him to ride pillion and keep him in the front. With regards to 200 NS would the radiator heat affect him?
Thanks for the crisp review!! Once again congrats on the steed,looks like the Autobot from Transformers!!
I was going through the previous posts and I am extremely sorry, I left out replying to your queries. Sincere apologies there mate, hope there's no hard feelings.
Answers to your questions, below:

COMFORT:
Single rider is very comfortable, the saddle is well cushioned. Did not face any major deal breaking instances during the long ride.

HEAT:
Not much during the ride. When I did the ride, the average temperature nudged 28 degrees, no overheating issues yet. The radiator dissipates heat evenly and the legs are more prone to heat than the torso, as that is the direction of wind when riding.

TODDLER FERRY:
As for ferrying your toddler to and from school, there are some concerns, primary of which is the tank position which is pretty high up. That may be a concern. Even though the tank capacity is a puny 12 litres, the design is such that sitting on the tank will be painful even for a kid for anything over 2 kilometres. Also rider visibility will be a case of concern. I say this because I generally used to carry my camera bag on the tank on my 150 UG3 earlier with no concerns whatsoever, but now I can't do the same as the bag almost reaches visor height. Also consider that the split seats on the 200 NS means there is not much place for you, the rider to push back and sandwich your kid between you and the tank. Another case of concern is that any metal object on your kids' clothes, like zippers, ID card, or belt will graze against the tank scratching or defacing it. The Pulsar Logo is also a plastic sticker on the tank which might hurt your kid.
Hope this helps.

Peace.

Last edited by preetam_KORG : 3rd April 2013 at 12:38.
Old 3rd April 2013, 21:54   #97
BHPian

can some one provide me a knowledgeable consultant contact in Bangalore who i can discuss the bike tech and its prices. I live near koramangala.
Old 4th April 2013, 00:07   #98
BHPian

Quote:
can some one provide me a knowledgeable consultant contact in Bangalore who i can discuss the bike tech and its prices. I live near koramangala.
Probably not the best thread to ask this question I presume. I am not aware of anyone, honestly I really don't know who you are looking for!
Old 9th April 2013, 14:28   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikoner_03 View Post
Hey Preetam, Congrats on the super steed!! I feel the 200 NS is more sensible to own considering more mileage/kmpl over the Duke. Plus my guru aka Dilip Bam recommends this over the duke for the triple spark plug = more mileage. Here are a few questions I had:
How comfortable was the long ride?
How is the heat from the radiator in stop-go traffic?
I normally ferry my kid on bike (Unicorn) to his school, since he is a toddler I don't allow him to ride pillion and keep him in the front. With regards to 200 NS would the radiator heat affect him?
Thanks for the crisp review!! Once again congrats on the steed,looks like the Autobot from Transformers!!
Adding to Ferrying Kids: I don't think the heat should hit the child's leg. Usually the radiator blows air to the left side. I usually put my son in the front seat, not on the tank.
This would not work well if you are shorter than 5.10 in heavy traffic.
Old 10th April 2013, 16:54   #100
BHPian

Hey Ikoner_03,
As far as ferrying a kid goes, I can definitely give you my 2 cents since I not only use the same bike but I also ferry not 1 but 2 kids (son & daughter). I also had the same issue before plonking my money on the bike.
Best solution: Take your kid to the showroom, make him sit on the tank & take a test ride. I actually took both my kids and my wife for the final test ride. It was only then I realized that we all could actually sit comfortably and go for short rides. My 2 year old daughter sits on the tank & feels super excited since she gets an absolute clear view of the road. I make her hold both the mirrors but within one day she has been comfortable enough to sit without even catching the mirrors. My son sits between me and my wife & he also doesn't feel squashed.
However the ride cannot be long since emergency braking can be dangerous. I have experienced this 1st hand where-in my daughter lunged forward but she didn't fall off. However I feel the situation would have been no different on any other bike also.

Neither the pillion nor any one on the tank feels the heat when the radiator fan starts. Just be careful of the shoes your kid is wearing, anything sharp and the tank is likely to get scratched.
Old 10th April 2013, 21:41   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Hey Ikoner_03,
As far as ferrying a kid goes, I can definitely give you my 2 cents since I not only use the same bike but I also ferry not 1 but 2 kids (son & daughter). I also had the same issue before plonking my money on the bike.
Best solution: Take your kid to the showroom, make him sit on the tank & take a test ride. I actually took both my kids and my wife for the final test ride. It was only then I realized that we all could actually sit comfortably and go for short rides. My 2 year old daughter sits on the tank & feels super excited since she gets an absolute clear view of the road. I make her hold both the mirrors but within one day she has been comfortable enough to sit without even catching the mirrors. My son sits between me and my wife & he also doesn't feel squashed.
However the ride cannot be long since emergency braking can be dangerous. I have experienced this 1st hand where-in my daughter lunged forward but she didn't fall off. However I feel the situation would have been no different on any other bike also.
Maverick, that is outright dangerous.
At a loss of words.
preetam_KORG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 14:58   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
Maverick, that is outright dangerous.
At a loss of words.
I completely agree that its outright dangerous but then I take the family on these trips only for super short distances. Also traffic is very light & my speeds are minimal. However post a little scary incident I have stopped taking all of them together. Better to be safe than sorry.
Maverick1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 00:09   #103

Isnt it sad that we have people asking about ferrying kids on the tank of the bike? May God be with you and your kids while doing these mundane stunts in your daily life
Old 26th April 2013, 01:09   #104
BHPian

Moderator Note:

POST DELETED
Please use our excellent PM feature for personal messages.

Last edited by Mpower : 26th April 2013 at 02:25.
Old 13th June 2013, 08:15   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
*Thank you for reading. I will really appreciate your feedback and more info on this bike. Love you all. Fellow Riders, be safe and wear a helmet. Ones fortunate to have four wheels, please wear a seatbelt. Peace*

Congratulations on owning the beast. The P200 NS surely is is the best VFM option in the market today. How do you think will the bike double up as a tourer? Well I know it's not meant for touring, but still, how will it fare up as compared to the P150 as far as riding position is considered?

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Last edited by moralfibre : 28th June 2013 at 13:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks