Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2013, 19:04   #46
BHPian

Re: KTM Duke 390 - Accessories Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
As regarding the paddock stand, some of the guys in Bangalore have pooled and got us this for 800INR. An el cheapo way as you can all it. But as long as it serves your purpose, who cares for finesse.

Attachment 1179464
Was on the lookout for a stand myself.
Could you please share contact details of the person churning these out?
Old 17th December 2013, 19:13   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavericK46 View Post
Was on the lookout for a stand myself.
Could you please share contact details of the person churning these out?
Sent a PM to you. Check it out.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2013, 20:26   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi unk9ja, Can you please PM me the details too? I have seen this stand and was searching for the contact information.

Thanks in advance!
Old 18th December 2013, 17:42   #49
Senior - BHPian

A couple of days back when I was in Mekhri circle KTM, the SA showed me a bike with a crash bar which was a powerpart. The bending and the finish was a typical KTM orange which stands out in the black. This, he said was the only one which was available with them. Could not click any pics as the bike was parked far behind in a sea of bikes. The guard crosses the front end starting from the side cover and ends on the other side with crash bobbins on it and also hooks onto the top end of the chassis where the motor mounts are. The price however was a pull down, a cool 15K.
Old 18th December 2013, 17:47   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A couple of days back when I was in Mekhri circle KTM, the SA showed me a bike with a crash bar which was a powerpart. The bending and the finish was a typical KTM orange which stands out in the black. This, he said was the only one which was available with them. Could not click any pics as the bike was parked far behind in a sea of bikes. The guard crosses the front end starting from the side cover and ends on the other side with crash bobbins on it and also hooks onto the top end of the chassis where the motor mounts are. The price however was a pull down, a cool 15K.
If this is what I think it is and protects the engine casings as well as the radiator, then it is very worth it. Plan to fabricate something similar for my future 690. (already dreaming!)
Old 18th December 2013, 18:59   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post

If this is what I think it is and protects the engine casings as well as the radiator, then it is very worth it. Plan to fabricate something similar for my future 690. (already dreaming!)
But Doc in case of an unfortunate fall, the frame takes the beating as the sub frame is bolted onto the chassis. Don't you think?
Old 18th December 2013, 21:36   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But Doc in case of an unfortunate fall, the frame takes the beating as the sub frame is bolted onto the chassis. Don't you think?
This is a bigger more enveloping cage style version of the normal crash guards - which are also bolted to the frame. At the end everything on a bike is directly or indirectly bolted to the frame. The design of these guards is such that they absorb energy and collapse without transmitting the forces directly to the frame - much as crumple zones in a car. All that said, if the impact is strong enough, yes the frame may be impacted as well. No escaping that. But more often than not such guards are used by world/adventure/extreme tourers to prtect the radiator and engine cases so that in case of impact, damage, etc. the bike and biker can still limp home versus beig stranded with a broken sump or smashed radiator 300 kms from nowhere in the middle of a desert or mountain range.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2014, 14:37   #53

Quote:
Hi unk9ja

I would like to purchase a paddock stand for the Duke 390. Please PM me details. Thank you,

DukeThreeNineO
Old 16th January 2014, 15:27   #54
Senior - BHPian

Bought mine for 800 from Saqib Jameel +91 9739048973. Serves the purpose.
Old 16th January 2014, 16:16   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeThreeNineO View Post

Hi unk9ja

I would like to purchase a paddock stand for the Duke 390. Please PM me details. Thank you,

DukeThreeNineO
Check sridhu s answer above. Please message him before you call. Or register on fb in the bangalore ktm owners site kreigers.
Old 16th January 2014, 17:53   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Listen to the best part. The frame cost is less than 10K and i saw a bike involved in a crash that came for frame replacement. Everything else is intact and the plastic body parts hardly cost anything.

This bike is the best bet for speed, thrill, cost of maintenance and longevity unless you are smitten by a street triple or a monster or the only dream Fz1.
Old 16th January 2014, 17:59   #57
Senior - BHPian

Some really horrible photos on the other forum though of a low speed accident with shattered alloys. Worrisome.
Old 16th January 2014, 18:27   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Listen to the best part. The frame cost is less than 10K and i saw a bike involved in a crash that came for frame replacement. Everything else is intact and the plastic body parts hardly cost anything.

This bike is the best bet for speed, thrill, cost of maintenance and longevity unless you are smitten by a street triple or a monster or the only dream Fz1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Some really horrible photos on the other forum though of a low speed accident with shattered alloys. Worrisome.
Hey VW2010,
Yes the frame costs as less as 10k, but as doc suggested, if you are stranded on a deserted patch with no help in sight, then it matters to invest that much more in the sub frame part. The sub frame is superbly finished and covers the entire bottom portion from any damage.

Doc,
I have gone through this travails with the bent alloys when I went over a pothole. The wheel part seems to be the pro as well as con in the D390. Seems like this constraint is carried over from the D200. Are the guys at Bajaj listening to this??
Old 16th January 2014, 19:01   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Doc,
I have gone through this travails with the bent alloys when I went over a pothole. The wheel part seems to be the pro as well as con in the D390. Seems like this constraint is carried over from the D200. Are the guys at Bajaj listening to this??
I agree there were some reported issues with the alloys on the 200. But nothing like this. I have even seen a photo of an orange alloy which is actually split down the center. On the 200 more often than not it was bent alloys. Or small cracks. Not broken ones.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 13:51   #60
BHPian

Hey guys, ill probably be landing a 390 next week, so im pretty chuffed right now. I went to the Begumpet dealer yesterday, took a test ride, spoke to them about bikes etc etc. The accessories though blew my mind (price wise). For instance :

KTM Fuel lid sticker - Rs.2000
KTM Knee pads - Rs.5350
36 l storage box, underseat plate and all - Rs.18000
Foot pump - Rs.6000

My eyes bleed

That's quite a bit isn't it! And the folks at KTM acknowledged that the add on wind deflector doesn't do a thing & advised me to go with one from a Yamaha Fazer.

On a side note we got to start and rev the SX-F 350 since the friend i went with knows the showroom manager. The bike is MENTAL. I actually jumped outta my skin when it started up. The noise is nothing like I expected, it's have, bassy, baritone & just pissed off. This bike will eat anything up in it's way. I believe it produces 65 bhp & is probably lighter than a 390. Should be quite a handful!

Ill be back once i take delivery. Happy riding & stay safe!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks