Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2015, 11:31   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggest Me a Commuter Bike Please

I think Unicorn will fit your bill, if you can discount the manual console. The bike is a true workhorse, and will keep on going if you take care of simple things (like timely oil change, chain adjustment etc - the routine stuff). The bike is practical for a family and you can carry lot of stuff (though not really advisable).

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2015, 11:31   #122
BHPian

You can go for the Honda Shine, the top of the line version with features like alloys, disc brakes and electric start will cost you around 60k. Or you also have the option of Bajaj Discover 150S, costing the same around 60k.
KaandBaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2015, 11:50   #123
Senior - BHPian

Re: Best "Family Bike" in the 70-80K range?

Update on the thread and the original rider for whome the thread was started. He finally bought the Unicorn. A nice shiny black one (not the new version which has just been launched, but the "traditional" bigger looking standard one).

But he has hardly ridden it and I don't think he has even completed 2000 kms yet.

During the test ride process, he had loved the Yamaha FZ a lot, especially it pickup and its handling (and probably its looks and image as well). But the final decision was not done with the heart but the mind. The Inicorns straight tank and more generous less stepped seat sealing the decision.

Moral of the story you guys may ask?

Always buy a bike with the heart.
ebonho is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2015, 11:56   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivasu1976 View Post
Sorry for the exhaustive list but considering the above, could you please suggest me a vehicle that would help me to easily shortlist.
Hello Srinivas!

Keeping all your requirements in mind, I would recommend either Honda Shine or the all new Unicorn for you. These are family oriented bikes, if I can give them a category, and being a Honda, are reliable in the long run. I think the new Unicorn will fit the bill and has the advantage of 160 CC engine which would be a good balance between power and economy for daily errands!

On another note, please note that the usage of smilies is limited to only 2 per post on TBHP! Will save you earning some unwanted infractions

Regards,
Saket
Old 10th March 2015, 13:26   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Team-BHPians

I am in a stage of confusion in selecting a bike for my daily commute of around 50 kms.
Thanks
I would strongly suggest you to go for the old Honda CB Unicorn 150. Its a great bike and has proven itself on our roads. It has good stability. The engine refinement is something other worldly in Honda bikes--you have to experience it to know.

Please TD the Honda CB Trigger also. It is a well rounded bike and comes with a digital instrument cluster.

If you don't want to go beyond the 125cc category, the CB Shine is undoubtedly the best choice. It's a fairly comfortable bike with a nice refined engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post
Hi, you can check out the Honda twister. It performs well, gives good fuel efficiency and is pretty comfortable too. Lastly looks miles better in its segment. If you want a bit more power, you can also check out the Shine or the Unicorn. The honda's are very reliable.
The CB Twister is simply a great bike. My Dad owns it. Honda has successfully scaled down the CB1000R, upon which the bike is based on.
But your requirements don't justify it. It has skinny tires which leads to faster performance but lesser comfort and stability. The pillion seat is not at all comfortable. Stability too is not that good and the bike will frighten you when you go through undulations with some speed.

But what it does best is deliver a on your face after you ride it spiritedly. The handling is very nimble, the engine is always very eager to rev and the riding position is also great. Infact, my Dad still loves to ride the Twisty even after he got himself a RE Classic 350. But its best enjoyed alone for short spirited rides and is a highly impractial bike.

Happy shopping!

Cheers,
Neel

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 10th March 2015 at 13:30.
Old 10th March 2015, 17:57   #126

Appreciate all the folks who have taken time to suggest me on a practical commuter bike.

Unfortunately the old Unicorn 150 CC is no more available and we are forced now to buy Unicorn 160 CC. While googling around I observed that Unicorn 160 CC is compared with Gixxer and also as its new in the market we do not have much reviews on it.

Another bike that impressed me with looks was Suzuki GS 150 R, any thoughts on this bike would really help.
Old 11th March 2015, 16:18   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Team-BHPians .......

Sorry for the exhaustive list but considering the above, could you please suggest me a vehicle that would help me to easily shortlist.
Since you used the KB4S Champion for a long time, the Bajaj Discover 150 variants should meet your requirements well - VFM option if you were happy with the KB4S Champion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks