Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2016, 18:51   #136
BHPian

Mod note: Post EDITED, please use Quote to reply, this helps with readability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beco View Post
Hello folks,

Some problems I have been facing with my Zuma these days -
1. The chain loosens quickly. The last time I tightened it and within 2 days there was noticeable slackness. -
I haven't experienced this. Also, there should be some slack & it's fine as long as it doesn't sag too much. Don't over tighten it.
Quote:
2. There are tight and loose portions on the chain. So it gets annoying to hear the sound of loose chain. the sound and feel increases with speed. -
it is recommended to have not more than an inch to two of play. In your case, check with the service associate.

Quote:
3. The rear suspension makes a broad noise (dhapp) when into a pothole or speed-breaker. It is not very loud, but noticeable to rider. What could be the reason?
Try playing with the shock absorber adjustment. It has 7 settings, by default is set at 3.
Quote:
4. The front tire sometimes act weird and resulting into special effect.
- explain?

And congrats on the milestone! Do post an ownership review.

Last edited by Jaggu : 26th May 2016 at 19:00. Reason: Please use Quote to reply, this helps with readability.
Old 26th May 2016, 19:08   #137
Senior - BHPian

re: Suzuki Inazuma - 1000 kms Report. EDIT : Now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
Finally took the plunge bought myself a Candy Red Zuma with around 2500kms on the odo.
The bike is Aug-14 make the first owner bought it in Oct-14
Do you mind sharing how much did you pay for the purchase.?
How is the service and parts availability?
Old 25th November 2016, 18:43   #138
BHPian

Suzuki USA is issuing a recall of the Inazuma due to a defective wiring harness. Any chance this affects the bikes in India?

https://rideapart.com/articles/suzuk...l-gw250-models
Old 4th January 2017, 07:28   #139
BHPian

The recall affects bikes manufactured in 1013 and 2015. The fix is to install a waterproof shield over the rear wheel brake light switch.
Water entering through the brake light switch was found to have corroded some of the wires leading to a short circuit.
Got this from an Indonesian Inazuma owner. I enquired with Suzuki dealership in Bangalore and was told they have received no such information. My bike has a 2014 manufacturing date.
Olympal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 12:31   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
Suzuki USA is issuing a recall of the Inazuma due to a defective wiring harness. Any chance this affects the bikes in India?

https://rideapart.com/articles/suzuk...l-gw250-models
I don't think so. Mine is a 2014 model & I haven't received any call around this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympal View Post
The recall affects bikes manufactured in 1013 and 2015. The fix is to install a waterproof shield over the rear wheel brake light switch.
Water entering through the brake light switch was found to have corroded some of the wires leading to a short circuit.
Got this from an Indonesian Inazuma owner. I enquired with Suzuki dealership in Bangalore and was told they have received no such information. My bike has a 2014 manufacturing date.
I guess the issue is with 2013 & 2015 motorcycles only. Still, will check on this aspect with my local SA.
Old 13th March 2017, 11:00   #141
BHPian

Dear friends, l am thinking about getting a used Inazuma in very good condition. It has run about 8 k. I will be using it for touring and a little bit of commuting. I would like to know about serviceability with respect to regular consumables and wear and tear parts like clutch plates, sprockets etc. I plan to hold on to the bike for at least 4 years and may be sell it for 30- 40 % of my purchase price. Your advice is very valuable . Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 16:16   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenmachinE View Post
Dear friends, l am thinking about getting a used Inazuma in very good condition. It has run about 8 k. I will be using it for touring and a little bit of commuting. I would like to know about serviceability with respect to regular consumables and wear and tear parts like clutch plates, sprockets etc. I plan to hold on to the bike for at least 4 years and may be sell it for 30- 40 % of my purchase price. Your advice is very valuable . Thanks
I just saw this & pl. excuse if I'm replying a bit too late!

If you're still looking at getting a used one, rest assured that the parts and consumables are still available. At least, in Chennai, most are available off the shelf. And I have serviced every time, only at Suzuki A.S.S., where the experience has been mostly satisfactory.

If you're looking at highway behavior, with the current sprocket set-up (14-46), I would say that it runs a bit out of breath and should I say, 'frantic' when it approaches 130kmph. A ready fix that many overseas forums recommend is: to swap the front sprocket to a 15T one, from the stock 14T. It is available at Aliexpress & supposedly, helps it run a bit more calmer. I plan to try this out, soon.
rajaghuru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2017, 15:01   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajaghuru View Post
If you're looking at highway behavior, with the current sprocket set-up (14-46), I would say that it runs a bit out of breath and should I say, 'frantic' when it approaches 130kmph. A ready fix that many overseas forums recommend is: to swap the front sprocket to a 15T one, from the stock 14T. It is available at Aliexpress & supposedly, helps it run a bit more calmer. I plan to try this out, soon.
Isn't is supposed to be the other way round? Don't people usually upsize the front sprocket for a better low end power? In this case, you have mentioned to upsize the front sprocket for a better top end.
Old 20th December 2017, 15:41   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post
Isn't is supposed to be the other way round? Don't people usually upsize the front sprocket for a better low end power? In this case, you have mentioned to upsize the front sprocket for a better top end.
It is the other way round.

If you want better low end torque you can do one of the following:

1. Increase Rear Sprocket teeth count (For eg: From 45T - 46T or 47T)
2. Reduce Front Sprocket teeth count (For eg: From 15T to 14T or 15T)

These changes will make your engine accelerate real quick. Bike's 0-60 0-100 times will improve (depending on the engine size, compression ratio, set up etc.). Your engine will run more frantic and it'll pick up pace real quick but will run out of breath at the top end. In every gear, at a certain speed your engine rpm will be higher. Frequent gear changes will be required as the engine rpm will be higher.

If you want a higher top end you do the opposite, i.e:

1. Reduce Rear Sprocket teeth count (For eg: From 45T to 44T or 43T
2. Increase Front Sprocket teeth count (For eg: From 15T to 16T)

In this case your acceleration will take a hit. Bike's 0-60 or 0-100 times will increase but you'll be able to reach a higher top speed (again depends on the engine). Generally your engine will run more calmer. Your top speed will be higher and your engine rpm will be lower as well. Chances of lugging the engine are there. But you can override the same with your riding style.

As a thumb rule, for every 1T change in front sprocket it is equivalent to 2T change in rear sprocket. So if you're going to experiment always do it with the rear sprocket first and then see how the engine and bike behaves.

Sorry about the engineering lecture.

Hope the information is helpful.
MadRasTan4986 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 14:42   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post
As @MadRasTan4986 has explained, for the engine to run calmer, you would need to upsize the front sprocket & in this case, it is just by one tooth (14T to 15T). Moreover, this mod has been tried by members in overseas forums & they've recommended it.
rajaghuru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 17:02   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajaghuru View Post
As @MadRasTan4986 has explained, for the engine to run calmer, you would need to upsize the front sprocket & in this case, it is just by one tooth (14T to 15T). Moreover, this mod has been tried by members in overseas forums & they've recommended it.
@rajaghuru. Are you the same person who works / used to work in Sutherland? I think you know my dad Mr. Harjit well.
Old 2nd January 2018, 23:51   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRasTan4986 View Post
@rajaghuru. Are you the same person who works / used to work in Sutherland? I think you know my dad Mr. Harjit well.
Of course, yes. And please convey my regards to Paaji as well. 🙂
rajaghuru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2018, 21:19   #148
BHPian

Hi guys! I chanced upon a black Inazuma today (2014 model). It has run only 1500 kms and the owner wants to sell it due to non-usage (due to him being away most of the time). What would you guys advice? Is it worth buying today considering the competition? I am looking for a bike that will be a comfortable commuter as well as highway tourer. I am based in Pune and I think that sourcing spares should not be a problem. Eagerly waiting for any owners' feedback regarding the same!
Old 5th March 2018, 23:57   #149

Sorry for the late response

Go for it

Its the sweetest commuter possible and the parts are easily available, although expensive. If you have friends or colleagues who travel from USA it will be cheap too maintain as well

Only thing expensive that needs changing is the chain set (19 K for every 25K km)

Else its a dream.

Note from Support:
There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.
Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by bblost : 6th March 2018 at 00:03.
Old 6th March 2018, 09:22   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post

7) Headlamps are reasonably bright. However, plan to upgrade bulbs to PIAA All Weather.
Did you upgrade the bulbs?

If yes, how was the change.... Did it suit the existing reflectors (within the headlamp assembly)?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks