Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2015, 04:44   #121
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 29th June 2015 at 17:25.
iron is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th June 2015, 14:54   #122
BHPian

re: Suzuki Inazuma - 1000 kms Report. EDIT : Now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeip View Post
All,

I am extremely happy to announce that i got a brand new red Zuma home today. Someone reported one on display at Advaith Suzuki, and when i called they initially said it wasnt for sale. I followed up again after a month and they agreed to sell it. Turns out it wasnt registered, the owner had initially decided to keep it for himself but changed his mind. So i got a brand new bike after all

Rode it 40 km today - some of it in high traffic and some on bad roads. Absolutely loved it. The wife loved how easy it is to climb on, how spacious and soft the seat is, and how her legs didnt get cooked. Oh and the muted exhaust note - sounds sophisticated and grown up.

I did test ride the benelli 300. The exhaust was astounding, and it looks and feels like a really well made bike. But the Zuma's suspension, refinement and rideability were better. The benelli heated up quite quickly, which was my main grouse with my Duke 390. Overall i dont think the 300 makes as good amcommuter in daily bumper to bumper Bangalore traffic.

I am aware that it is a risk buying the Zuma now, given its a discontinued model that sold in miniscule numbers. I just hope the tradeoff is worth it. And that the service experience is not too bad.

Sandeep
Congratulations on your purchase, although a brave decision but a hearty one I must say. Since this is an international model I guess sourcing crucial parts shouldn't be a problem.

Waiting for your ride's pics eagerly sir.

Cheers !!
Old 28th June 2015, 21:16   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
All,
I am extremely happy to announce that i got a brand new red Zuma home today.
Congrats Sandeep. I enjoy mine every time I take it out.

Quote:
I am aware that it is a risk buying the Zuma now, given its a discontinued model that sold in miniscule numbers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Since this is an international model I guess sourcing crucial parts shouldn't be a problem.
Exactly. It is a global model sold in most international markets, so parts shouldn't be a problem. Besides, it is a Suzuki and built to last...
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 13:25   #124
BHPian

Quote:
All,

I am extremely happy to ... experience is not too bad.

Sandeep
Congratulations Sandeep on the new bike.

I had take a TD of it and was very happy with the bike.

Unfortunately the news that production would be stopped let me to drop my purchase decision.

If you don't mind can you divulge how much you paid for it?
Old 30th June 2015, 13:30   #125
BHPian

Inazuma is a wonderful bike, Suzuki badly messed up in positioning & marketing it. It was likely the best all-round alternative to RE available.
gsurya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 18:52   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Inazuma is a wonderful bike, Suzuki badly messed up in positioning & marketing it. It was likely the best all-round alternative to RE available.
Well said sir, indeed it was. More mature and refined. This bike taught the Indian biker to differentiate between figures on paper vs qualitative ownership. Although the KTM 390 is faster, cheaper and more aggressive than this one, the rush that the KTM provides is in a totally different league altogether, but not everyone wants a hooligan.

Just like RE where the owner never cares about the 0-100 time or how bulky the bike would be in traffic. Owning an RE is pure love and passion. But just as you said, the Inazuma could have been the alternative to RE. Not so aggressive yet rightly fast and the smoothness of the twin cylinders was awesome too.

The bland looks, price fiasco and hasty decisions from Suzuki literally murdered it . And people realize the worth once its gone.
Old 4th July 2015, 12:26   #127
BHPian

What is the standard warranty offered by suzuki on the Inazuma?
Old 8th July 2015, 14:31   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
What is the standard warranty offered by suzuki on the Inazuma?
Stupid chaps offer no warranty or only 6 months or something like that..
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2015, 18:02   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Stupid chaps offer no warranty or only 6 months or something like that..
Are you sure ???
Internationally the bike is sold with a 2 years unlimited kilometres warranty.
Old 9th July 2015, 17:11   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure ???
Internationally the bike is sold with a 2 years unlimited kilometres warranty.
You are right.
I have an Inazuma since July 2014 and it came with a two year warranty. I had asked for extended warranty of two more years but the showroom person had said that is not applicable to the Inazuma. Have clocked close to 8000 km and there has been no reason to call in the warranty.
Olympal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 06:01   #131
BHPian

Considering the bike has been pulled off the market and did not sell here how is the spares availability?
Are the consumables like oil filter/air filter readily available or do we have to wait?
The reason I am asking I have come across a Inazuma with very few kms on the odo, the owner wishes to sell it. I am thinking about picking it up.
The spares availability is bothering me as I dont want to be left out running service centre to service centre for spares.
Old 10th July 2015, 12:07   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Considering the bike has been pulled off the market and did not sell here how is the spares availability?
Are the consumables like oil filter/air filter readily available or do we have to wait?
The reason I am asking I have come across a Inazuma with very few kms on the odo, the owner wishes to sell it. I am thinking about picking it up.
The spares availability is bothering me as I dont want to be left out running service centre to service centre for spares.
I checked this out with the Suzuki Service Manager at Meghadoot Motors, Bangalore. His reply was that Suzuki will provide spares till the registration life of the bike (15 years). At the second service, I checked out what spares they have. I could see radiators, headlight dome, mirrors, filters and some others boxes with "Inamuma" marked on them. He also assured me that if any spare is not available in India, they will order it from abroad.

The Inazuma seems to be a reasonably popular bike in several countries. One of the reasons I picked it up in the first place was that I saw the bike on the roads of UK, France and Denmark. On a recent trip to Jakarta and Bali in Indonesia, I could see cops riding white painted Inazumas with all the police bells and whistles. I saw a youngster riding a locally modified version which I think was rather cute. I am posting a photo from the internet similar to the modified Inazuma I saw in Bali.

I also went to a Suzuki Motorcycles showroom in Bali which was very close to my hotel, where they had a black and red painted bike on display. Price there is the equivalent of INR 250,000.
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki Inazuma - 1000 kms Report. EDIT : Now sold-modifikasisuzukiinazumastreettracker1.jpg  

Olympal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 20:32   #133
BHPian

Finally took the plunge bought myself a Candy Red Zuma with around 2500kms on the odo.
The bike is Aug-14 make the first owner bought it in Oct-14

Initial Impressions:
The Engine is Butter smooth.
Gear Shifts are notchy except when shifted at a certain rpm( still to get a hang of it)
The ride quality is SUPERB!! Absorbs most of the bumps and undulations on the road with ease

ME being on the bulkier and taller side my right shoulder and neck would take quite a beating on the CBR while riding in peak hour city traffic.
Due to work commitments my city to highway touring reduced to a ratio of 99:1. That itch to tour the highways was still there but there fear of developing bursitis was even more.
Now with the zuma I can take up a bit of weekend touring again

It wont be fair to draw any comparisons between my CBR and the zuma.
The zuma still has its 2nd service due whereas the CBR has clocked 12000kms and running with a K&N Air filter which makes it a hoot to ride in the city or on highways.
I feel the engine of zuma will open up more along gear shifts getting smoother

Will post pics soon
Any fellow riders here from mumbai?
iron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 20:17   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Finally took the plunge bought myself a Candy Red Zuma with around 2500kms on the odo.
The bike is Aug-14 make the first owner bought it in Oct-14

Initial Impressions:
The Engine is Butter smooth.
Gear Shifts are notchy except when shifted at a certain rpm( still to get a hang of it)
The ride quality is SUPERB!! Absorbs most of the bumps and undulations on the road with ease

ME being on the bulkier and taller side my right shoulder and neck would take quite a beating on the CBR while riding in peak hour city traffic.
Due to work commitments my city to highway touring reduced to a ratio of 99:1. That itch to tour the highways was still there but there fear of developing bursitis was even more.
Now with the zuma I can take up a bit of weekend touring again

It wont be fair to draw any comparisons between my CBR and the zuma.
The zuma still has its 2nd service due whereas the CBR has clocked 12000kms and running with a K&N Air filter which makes it a hoot to ride in the city or on highways.
I feel the engine of zuma will open up more along gear shifts getting smoother

Will post pics soon
Any fellow riders here from mumbai?
Congrats, iron. You've made the right choice (especially, considering that you had a bike available with low mileage on the odo), welcome to the club! IMO, the Candy Red looks a lot better in the flesh. I've done close to 6k (not much running as I had planned to), however, the smooth engine, the mature ride & the delectable quality of the cycle parts, every time vouch for the money well spent. Initially, I wasn't sure if I made the right choice, but now am clear that this is gonna be in the garage for a long time to come.

Wishing you lots of safe miles. Cheers!
Old 26th May 2016, 16:49   #135
BHPian

Hello folks,

Some problems I have been facing with my Zuma these days -
1. The chain loosens quickly. The last time I tightened it and within 2 days there was noticeable slackness.
2. There are tight and loose portions on the chain. So it gets annoying to hear the sound of loose chain. the sound and feel increases with speed.
3. The rear suspension makes a broad noise (dhapp) when into a pothole or speed-breaker. It is not very loud, but noticeable to rider. What could be the reason?
4. The front tire sometimes act weird and resulting into special effect.

Otherwise, the bike is in excellent condition.

The bike has completed 22500 kms, and is 2 years old.

Your thoughts on above will be valuable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks