Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2014, 00:21   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: Suzuki Inazuma - 1000 kms Report. EDIT : Now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
What's the speed at 4.5k & 6k rpm in top gear?
Just took a 250 km ride. 100 kmph is at about 7K rpm and there is no vibrations. I touched about 115 briefly and it was still fine. You can cruise comfortably between 90kmph to 115kmph or so.
4x4addict is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 22:55   #47
BHPian

Test drove, the Inazuma (GSR250) at Apple Auto, BTM.

+ Looks good in flesh
+ Doesnt feel heavy (although it weighs around 183 kg,as I was told)
+ VROOOMMM exhaust note above 5000RPM is addictive
+ Comfortable to ride
+ Linear Acceleration, like Honda Unicorn
+ Good ride quality
+ Confidence inspiring brakes!
+ Easy maneuverability on the move

- Quirky styling
- Long wheelbase may need getting used to, at crawling speed
- Single horn
- 2.5 lacs OTR, Bangalore

Had a brief test ride around the BTM park (near Udipi Garden Signal) roads. The VROOOMM sound is a head-turner and the bike is actually a tiger-in-sheep's-clothing. Never imagined Inazuma can attain such speeds. Till I test drove Inazuma, I was in the idea that it is more of a 250CC premium commuter class bike which is kind of slow (if you understand what I mean) compared to its competitors. But believe me, it has got performance power which will satisfy everyone. Yes, it may not be on par with KTM's performance figures. But when you turn the throttle, the silent engine suddenly shows the other sweet face, with the addictive sound. Twin Parallels in action - seeing is believing.

The video below will let you hear the exhaust notes.. at 3:28 (there is some background music)

In short, I am sold! Just wished that I had the money to buy it outright at the spot

Last edited by rajeshsundaram : 1st July 2014 at 23:10.
rajeshsundaram is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th July 2014, 19:42   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
got a call from Suzuki India Rep as well as my dealer saying they will notify me when the refund check is ready
Have you get the refund yet?
Old 8th July 2014, 08:59   #49
Senior - BHPian

Honestly, I started reading the Inazuma reviews to mock the bike! Seriously, it looks quite dated and bulky, has no ABS, is not as fast as a 250 can be. Yes, but after watching few reviews, reading a lot more, I am quite convinced that this bike is a fantastic buy! I have been riding an Apache over the last 6 years, and its three years since I graduated from college now. And at this point, for the relaxed riding that I am doing, Apache with its frenzied power delivery and vibration is definitely no good. I am running on fully synthetic Castrol oil and the vibes have come down a bit, but still not commuter friendly.

And for a guy like me who likes relaxed riding, nothing other than the Inazuma or the Royal Enfields can please. Suzuki really have done something different here, and if it had the looks like that of a Honda CBR 250, this would have really sold well!

And yes, I am managing funds to see how this works out - even after reducing a Lakh, Inazuma is still out of my reach
Old 12th July 2014, 12:33   #50
BANNED

After the price cut the bike definitely looks like a good proposition. How would it compare with cbr250?
Old 14th July 2014, 04:24   #51
Senior - BHPian

Is it poor sales alone that have single handedly brought about this massive price cut?

Schumi from overdrive keeps saying the same thing over n over:

- kits for this Suzuki come from china. No trade pact or whatever like Thailand so prices are high
- a twin cylinder will always be more expensive than a single, cc be damned

I have a lot of respect for schumi but this IMO is plain nonsense. Are suzuki selling these bikes for a loss now? And how is the same twin cylinder zuma a lot cheaper than the ktm 390 sold abroad

I'm particularly ticked as he is selling the same crap for the yamaha r25. He's trying to force down yamaha s silly decision of either (& most probably) bringing in a single cylinder to keep cost low n give us 3rd world riders an "opportunity" to own this "amazing kit" from yamaha or launch a twin with a ridiculous price tag.

Not buying the nonsense schumi, in case u r reading! The zuma's current pricing blows all your yapping out of the water.

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 14th July 2014 at 04:25.
Old 14th July 2014, 08:46   #52
Team-BHP Support

Kindly excuse for this OT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
I have a lot of respect for schumi but this IMO is plain nonsense. Are suzuki selling these bikes for a loss now? And how is the same twin cylinder zuma a lot cheaper than the ktm 390 sold abroad

I'm particularly ticked as he is selling the same crap for the yamaha r25. He's trying to force down yamaha s silly decision of either (& most probably) bringing in a single cylinder to keep cost low n give us 3rd world riders an "opportunity" to own this "amazing kit" from yamaha or launch a twin with a ridiculous price tag.
If you remember, you/me liked him for whatever he did at the other publication. With a change in office, he might have some commitments or maybe his POV took a completely different path, you never know.

Moreover, any publication, journal have commitments etc unlike Team-BHP where we review products. While we mere mortals might not have the flair but points can be conveyed very well. At the best, we all are a phone call away if any thing needs to be discussed further.

So, I nowadays, take the reviews of any publication with a pinch of salt.

Overdrive declared i20 1.2P as the winner in petrol hatchback territory and Polo 1.2D in diesel hatchback territory. That was the last issue I purchased.

As is the rule, ride/drive yourself a fair bit prior to signing the dotted line.
Old 15th July 2014, 19:48   #53
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kindly excuse for this OT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Moreover, any publication, journal have commitments etc unlike Team-BHP where we review products. While we mere mortals might not have the flair but points can be conveyed very well. At the best, we all are a phone call away if any thing needs to be discussed further.

So, I nowadays, take the reviews of any publication with a pinch of salt.

Overdrive declared i20 1.2P as the winner in petrol hatchback territory and Polo 1.2D in diesel hatchback territory. That was the last issue I purchased.

As is the rule, ride/drive yourself a fair bit prior to signing the dotted line.
I hear you. But this new avatar from schumi is not going down well with me. Forget about backtracking on his earlier comments thàt were dispatched by this massive price cut, he continues to shamelessly sing that same old song. I view people like him as those who have the ability to positively impact the budding biking scene in this country. And those same people resort to trickery and try to wordsmith a manufacturer's greedy decision as something logical.

This gets my goat. You and I will never put down a penny before test driving / riding a vehicle to our hearts content. Is this applicable for the rest of the junta? And there are some wonderful manufacturers who ask you to put down big bucks without offering a test ride in the first place. Peeps turn to these journos' virtual advice in such scenarios.

Team bhp is great. The reviews are spot on and very detailed. But these reviews are mostly limited to cars. Since long now, I find the car scene in this country boring and uninteresting. Motorcycles are where all the action is today IMO. While there are some excellent ownership reviews, some of them are not as detailed owing to the user's limited experience or penmanship abilities.

Official reviews here are great and I hope tbhp reviews a lot more bikes with the same flair with which they review the 4 wheeled cages

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 15th July 2014 at 19:50.
Urban_Nomad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2014, 17:14   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Got a call from Suzuki India rep for Tamil Nadu saying that I will be getting a refund this week. I must say this is a fantastic good will gesture by Suzuki.

At the revised price, this bike is a no brainer..
First of all - Belated Congrats !!!!

This is a rare gesture in Indian scenario. Most of the Indian manufacturers try their best to milk from you. Kudos to Suzuki.

[quote=amit_purohit20;3435906]Well congrats "4x4 addict", you have listened to your heart and brain and taken the right thing for your needs.

Infact your needs are quite similar to my needs to and there are a lot of persons like us whose needs match.

Amit - You think exactly the same way I think. What I like the most in this Bike is it's understated looks. I don't like the flashy kind of things, and Naked versions are perfectly suited for Indian conditions.

I wish I'd the spare Cash right now. Still working out the Finances.

Last edited by jaaz : 19th July 2014 at 17:21.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2014, 18:53   #55
BHPian

Congratulations 4x4addict! I have been hearing very positive reviews about the Inazuma and want to test ride it soon. After the initial mockery by everyone when this bike was launched, Suzuki have attained sudden respect in the biking fraternity after the price slash - shows they really want to sell this bike. Being a D390 owner, I have some questions for you.

1. How heavy is the clutch? Have you tried to use the bike in crawling city traffic?
2. How are the gear ratios? At what gear would you have to be in to potter around at city speeds?
3. Do you have any plans to make some aesthetic/performance changes? Personally, I hate that hideous front fender and the headlight dome! If I buy this bike, I will surely change both.
4. Lastly, Kitna Deti Hai?
Old 20th July 2014, 11:09   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
And yes, I am managing funds to see how this works out - even after reducing a Lakh, Inazuma is still out of my reach
Did you check with local dealer about its availability in Kerala?
The website only lists Karnataka and Tamil Nadu in South. Also, Noth only list Delhi! So is it limited release product for only a few states? Is this not available in Hyderabad?
Old 20th July 2014, 19:36   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiv View Post
Have you get the refund yet?
My dealer is playing some hanky panky. The way the refund works is, that Suzuki wants the dealer to reimburse the buyer and then get a declaration from the buyer that they have received the refund. They then submit this declaration and get the refund. When I called the dealer last week, they told me that paper work is being processed and they will let me know when to collect the check. Then a few days ago Suzuki corporate called me to confirm that I had received the refund. I said no, and they said we have some declaration from me saying the amount has been received.. Long story short, I blasted the dealer and he came up with some bull story and promised to sort out in a weeks time. I think the dealer is trying to forge my document, get reimbursed by Suzuki and then pay me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandjha View Post
After the price cut the bike definitely looks like a good proposition. How would it compare with cbr250?
CBR is definitely sportier and you get Honda's combo brakes with ABS which is a huge plus, but I found the poster too leaned forward for my liking.

Quote:
- kits for this Suzuki come from china. No trade pact or whatever like Thailand so prices are high
- a twin cylinder will always be more expensive than a single, cc be damned
Twin's are definitely more expensive than singles, but that doesn't explain the huge premium over a D390 with ABS. Basically, Suzuki was trying to reach for the stars with this one and it backfired. Atleast there is someone with a brain Suzuki Corporate or they would have completely killed this model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Amit - You think exactly the same way I think. What I like the most in this Bike is it's understated looks. I don't like the flashy kind of things, and Naked versions are perfectly suited for Indian conditions.
I am a fan of simple naked bikes. My dream bike is the Triumph Bonnie, but at that time there was no dealer in Tamil Nadu and I also felt that a smaller capacity bike would work as a better commuter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
1. How heavy is the clutch? Have you tried to use the bike in crawling city traffic?
Clutch is okay. The only thing is that there is lot of travel so initially, I had to get used to really stretching my fingers out to grab it but guess, I have gotten used to it now.

Quote:
2. How are the gear ratios? At what gear would you have to be in to potter around at city speeds?
Biker is overall geared low and there is lot of low/mid range Torque, so 3rd will take you down to 20. You need to drop to first only if you come to complete stand still.
Quote:
3. Do you have any plans to make some aesthetic/performance changes? Personally, I hate that hideous front fender and the headlight dome! If I buy this bike, I will surely change both.
Me too don't like the excess stuff, but not sure what to do.

Quote:
4. Lastly, Kitna Deti Hai?
30ish...
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 21:30   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Twin's are definitely more expensive than singles, but that doesn't explain the huge premium over a D390 with ABS. Basically, Suzuki was trying to reach for the stars with this one and it backfired. Atleast there is someone with a brain Suzuki Corporate or they would have completely killed this model...
Same question that I asked earlier. Both the 390 and inazuma are sold side by side in international markets. How is the Suzuki considerably cheaper than the ktm. Single aside, you cannot pass off forged pistons n that exotic nikasil stuff as something cheap. The build quality IMO is also comparable to what is being sold in India.

If double = expensive as a rule it must also apply to international markets na. But somehow it doesn't. Is it only in India that a single will always be cheaper? What gives?

It's a super move by Suzuki to slash the prices. I still strongly feel though, it should not cost more than the ktm. Still 40-50 odd thousand expensive than it should be.
Old 20th July 2014, 21:59   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I still strongly feel though, it should not cost more than the ktm. Still 40-50 odd thousand expensive than it should be.
Absolutely man. The D390 ABS Unit itself should cost in the region of 10K to 15K, so there is no reason for Suzuki to charge a very high premium over the Duke 390 without ABS.
Old 21st July 2014, 08:38   #60
BHPian

Quote:
I think the dealer is trying to forge my document,
Forgery is serious. Though you could do your own follow ups with this dealer, I personally think it's better to get suzuki involved and let them question this guy. Sorry if you've mentioned it earlier, but who is this dealer?

On a side note, if this is the process that the dealer wishes to follow, it might still be fine provided he's upfront about it with you and possibly suzuki as well. And lets you place your own signature instead of forging it.

Most Viewed