Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2015, 22:33   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Mojo - First bike delivered in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
I am surprised at your insights about it being not so good in commuter traffic though - what exactly are the issues with keeping it in 1st/2nd gears? Are the gears too short? Is the fueling jerky?
Keeping it in 1st and 2nd gear continuously will cause the bike to heat up compared to a 100/150 cc commuter bike which is built for commuting in traffic and delivering good fuel economy. In my view that is not an enjoyable riding experience. The 21 liter tank upfront adds more weight and that is a further disadvantage to manuvere in 1st/2nd gear at slow speeds, not that it cant, but its not enjoyable on a daily basis.
I did not find the gears short. but during the running in period one has to shift within 5k rpm and that results in short shifting. Once the bike engine is ready to be ridden across the entire rev range then it gets more fun to ride.
Old 28th October 2015, 23:37   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on the new bike, it certainly is quite an all round package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
I need to figure how to adjust the headlights. The highbeam is too high, straight up on the highway signboards instead of illuminating the road farther ahead. I think this is a headlight sealed beam design issue.
On the forthcoming ABS version (whenever it does) Mahindra should provide projectors (atleast one).
IIRC when we went for pre launch test rides, one of the Mahindra test riders told us that the headlights can be height adjusted and probably even showed us how. This is why the headlights dont sit flush in the fairing. See the gap in the picture I clicked.

Mahindra Mojo - First bike delivered in India-p8308466-large.jpg

I didnt pay too much attention at that time so dont recall specifics. Do check with the SVC at your first service on this.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 01:06   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post

I wonder what would happen if they lowered the pillion seat in line with the rider and contoured and bolstered it well. WOuldnt that make the pillion more comfortable. Ive seen some bikes, Yamahas pulsars etc with the pillion sitting as if on top of a derby horse, hanging on for dear life.
In the very minimal experience I have had as a pillion, I feel the pillion rider will be more comfortable in the sense that he/she will not fall on the rider's back during braking. However, this also means, the pillion (if he/she is shorter than the rider), will have no view of the road and can't see anything but the rider's back. This can definitely get irritating or boring for the pillion, especially if he/she is an enthusiast.

From a rider's perspective, I remember riding a friend's Thunderbird with a rather heavy pillion and I always felt the front getting very light and I instinctively felt like putting more weight on the handlebars to keep it down. I believe, the same pillion on a Duke or any other bike with it's pillion seat at a higher level than the rider's seat, will not give this feeling of the front getting too light.

This inspires more confidence while taking corners or riding on slightly bumpy surfaces. Of course, the softness of the suspension also plays it's part here.

Last edited by Added_flavor : 29th October 2015 at 01:14.
Added_flavor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2015, 17:23   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Jay, congratulations man.

Is there any reason why you didn't consider the benelli tnt 300?
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2015, 17:40   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Hi Jay, congratulations man.

Is there any reason why you didn't consider the benelli tnt 300?
Yes. Sporty riding position compared to an upright stance on the Mojo and 5 year warranty on the Mojo and I believe, having built the bike themselves, Mahindra will respond better than Benelli when it comes to any issues with the bike. And this 'made in India' bike feels quite modern enough for me to choose Indian over Chinese.

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 1st November 2015 at 17:43.
jaysmokesleaves is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st November 2015, 22:20   #81
BHPian

Passed a bunch of Mahindra Mojo test riders on the NH1(Delhi/Chandigarh highway today.

The bike has a sweet exhaust note and road presence. In on-road action it looked as good any contemporary street bike from a European or Japanese marque brand. Congratulations to Mahindra designers.

The bikes looked comfortable doing near triple digit speeds.

A couple of fellow KTM riders took a test ride and were happy with the looks, handling & top whack speeds.
Old 2nd November 2015, 11:48   #82
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new ride, Jay!

That was one well detailed initial review post. Touched upon all the elements.

It is good a see an Indian made bike that has ticked quite a few right boxes.

Wishing you KM's of safe drive.

How much has your height contributed for you getting the right driving position?
HappyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 16:33   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post

How much has your height contributed for you getting the right driving position?
Its not got to do with my height. The footpegs are forward biased (lets say compared to a Duke/Pulsar/CBR) and the handlebar is wide and tall thereby creating an upright riding stance regardless of the riders height.
jaysmokesleaves is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 21:23   #84
BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase and thanks for the wonderful review (Rated 5 *).
Having already tested this "Made in India" product couple of weeks back, I must say that it’s a very promising product from Mahindra stable.

Though the bike which I tested wasn't that refined but the reason provided by sales representative regarding pending service made up for it (it had 3K on the ODO and first service was still pending). He asked me to call after few days for another test drive. Pickup was good (if not excellent) and I was surprised to see myself doing speed of 90 in short time. It felt very stable at that speed I am quite sure it will be stable at the speeds north of 100+. Build quality provided by Mahindra is top notch at this price range . The only thing which I found lacking was the presence of ABS (not that brakes weren't impressive) but since there is news of ABS model coming up soon, that should bring peace of mind to the people considering purchasing this.

Since you have mentioned that bike is good for touring, can you please confirm if it's easy to put saddle bag on its back seat?
rahulba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 00:14   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulba View Post
Since you have mentioned that bike is good for touring, can you please confirm if it's easy to put saddle bag on its back seat?
I have not yet put a saddle bag on it yet, but i will in due course. However, putting a saddle bag on this bike should not ppresent any challenges, considering there are all kinds of saddle bags available in the market, including some for upswept exhausts.
Mahindra does plan to offer some sort of a rack behind the pillion that should allow the rider to mount a lockable box too.
Old 10th November 2015, 11:25   #86
BHPian

Hi jaysmokesleaves,

Are you following any run-in procedure? If so, did you change Oil and filter before the first service? Did the dealer recommend any run-in restrictions as such?
Old 10th November 2015, 17:16   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Hi jaysmokesleaves,

Are you following any run-in procedure? If so, did you change Oil and filter before the first service? Did the dealer recommend any run-in restrictions as such?
Yes. Running in strictly below 5k rpm. I have not reached 1st service yet which is at 1k kms. Ive had to park the bike and attend to work.
However, I feel i will extend the running in to upto 2 -3k kms since i feel the bike will need that much more kms to actually freeup the engine, given how tight it feels now. After 1k kms and 1st service i will be slightly more liberal by riding up to 7k rpm intermittently.
jaysmokesleaves is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 11:01   #88
BHPian

Looks like you've completed 1 month with your MOJO
How is the ride and handling so far? 1st service is done?
Waiting for updates
Old 18th November 2015, 21:31   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Looks like you've completed 1 month with your MOJO
How is the ride and handling so far? 1st service is done?
Waiting for updates
Not yet. I rode it for a few days and clocked 650 kms and left it parked at home since i had work related travel.
Will start riding next week. Plan to clock a few thousand kms in a few weeks and post an update.
Old 18th November 2015, 21:59   #90
BHPian

@jay

Do put up some images of headlamp illumination. The bulbs are 35W each, brief stated type as H17, I was expecting H7 or H11 type of bulb. I couldn't find any information on H17, either that's a type or so new that even the internet doesn't have much material on them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks