Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2016, 12:07   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Mojo - First bike delivered in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
Its a fact isn't it?

I was not a question addressed to you.. until you decided to take things personally.
I never took it personally mate so please don't make any baseless judgements. Also I didn't take any personal jibe at you in the first place, you just assumed it. Even now I am not taking any jibes at you, I was just showing who said what.

Anyways I think we are diluting the essence of this thread.

Quote:
And here I was specifically interested to know the reason from someone who has owned NONE of the two.
Well well well aren't you also the one who owns none of them motorcycles mentioned above. So I redirect this to you as well.

Mods Kindly delete my posts as the fellow member Mr.Payeng never asked me the question about WHY MOJO in the first place.

Last edited by navin_v8 : 29th December 2016 at 12:11.
Old 29th December 2016, 12:14   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
Would like to understand why the MOJO?

Especially when there is a Dominar 400 available now that too with ABS?
Why Mojo? I think I am going to answer this to a lot of people from now

Well the simple answer is its perfect for my requirements. I am looking for a budget tourer with upright sitting position which will also be my daily office commute.
Here are my personal observations between Mojo and Dominor

1. City riding is much easier on Mojo compared to Dominor. Though on paper both weigh the same I felt maneuvering in the city is much easier on Mojo.
2. Sitting position, I am not complaining on Dominor but Mojo was just perfect for me
3. Gear shift - Again on paper Dominor comes with slipper clutch, but gear shifts was not smooth. May be the vehicle is new and it has only 700 Km on the ODO.
4. Pillion comfort - it was very scary on Mojo and the pillion seat is very small on Mojo. Did not try it on Dominor
5. Price - the difference is just under 30K which is fine for me
6. ABS - Well, its nice to have but I can live without it. I am a sedate rider and does not push the limits, just drive between 90 to 100 all day long. I think Mojo has enough stopping power at that speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coplay View Post
If Alfa motors is in Domlur, then Farhan will be able to answer your question on when the ABS model will be sold. He's a nice guy and a very passionate rider.
They recently rode to Jaipur/Rajasthan with a bunch of Mojos. The whole even was organised by Mahindra.
Farhan has resigned now and I am in touch with Javed who heads the whitefield showroom and Ruthvik who sits in Domlur showroom. Both of them are really helpful and quite knowledgeable on Mojo. They drove all the way to my office to give me a test ride which is a very long one almost 7 Kms. This is the first time ever I took a bike test ride without visiting the showroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coplay View Post
I am not sure how this works but I somehow smell a rat.
Talk to them saying you will postpone your booking till you get a 2017 model. They might be trying to clear their stocks.
If they still are pushing you, ask them for a discount on the 2016 model and reap the benefits from that.
Thanks Coplay, I already booked the bike but said I am not in a hurry and wait until I get the 2017 model. Primarily for two reasons.
1. very obvious - New year and registration
2. Hoping that Mahindra might fix any small niggles that current bike has, also I might get lucky if they launch with ABS

Last edited by NaveenKBorra : 29th December 2016 at 12:17.
NaveenKBorra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 12:33   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaveenKBorra View Post

Well the simple answer is its perfect for my requirements. I am looking for a budget tourer with upright sitting position which will also be my daily office commute.
Here are my personal observations between Mojo and Dominor

1. City riding is much easier on Mojo compared to Dominor. Though on paper both weigh the same I felt maneuvering in the city is much easier on Mojo.

2. Sitting position, I am not complaining on Dominor but Mojo was just perfect for me

3. Gear shift - Again on paper Dominor comes with slipper clutch, but gear shifts was not smooth. May be the vehicle is new and it has only 700 Km on the ODO.

4. Pillion comfort - it was very scary on Mojo and the pillion seat is very small on Mojo. Did not try it on Dominor

5. Price - the difference is just under 30K which is fine for me

6. ABS - Well, its nice to have but I can live without it. I am a sedate rider and does not push the limits, just drive between 90 to 100 all day long. I think Mojo has enough stopping power at that speeds.

Thanks I was expecting the response from YOU only.

I have taken ride of the Dominar and Not the Mojo and here are my observations about the Dominar.

1. The Dominar's weight is not felt while on the move (even at slow speeds), but while moving/pushing it around, its weight can be felt.

2. Sitting position on the Dominar is definitely slightly sporty, especially for ones used to upright riding positions.

3. Gear Shift: I found no issues with the gearshift on the Dominar actually. Not ridden the Mojo though.

4. Pillion comfort: The Dominar definitely has a comfortable rear seat for the pillion

5. Price: Its personal take

6. ABS: No matter what the speeds are, all one one needs is less than a second for a nasty accident (specifically from a front wheel lock).

Last edited by payeng : 29th December 2016 at 12:35.
Old 29th December 2016, 12:44   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Well the simple answer is its perfect for my requirements.
First of all congratulations Naveen(we share same names with a difference of "I" ) mate for booking the Mojo by going against the tide. You have exclusivity with the Mojo guaranteed along with your requirements. It is a good motorcycle and Mahindra has done a genuine effort as it shows in the build quality and cycle parts.

Also thanks for enlightening me about the difference you felt between the Mojo and the Dominar.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2017, 09:29   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Why Mojo?
Congrats. Do let us know once you get the bike and how she fares across the year. In my chat I understood that the ABS version is due in the first week of October. Lovely bike and fantastic riding position. Went for a TD of the Mojo and took one of the Dominar right after. Liked the Mojo better. At 6 feet, you need some decent angles for your knees. The Dominar, though a much better performer, was a little too crouched a riding position for me. And the Mojo has a brilliant ride quality.

Last edited by Sridutt : 28th February 2017 at 09:30.
Sridutt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2017, 15:51   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridutt View Post
Congrats. Do let us know once you get the bike and how she fares across the year.
I have cancelled Mojo and booked the new Duke 390. I will create a new thread with ownership experiences once i get the bike delivered
Old 28th February 2017, 16:20   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have cancelled Mojo and booked the new Duke 390

Why not the Mojo but the 390 Duke?
Old 28th February 2017, 22:42   #173
BHPian

As i mentioned in my other thread primary criteria is ABS. The mojo is set for refresh in couple of months and i dont want to spend 2L premium on something that gets old very soon. On the other hand i get a loads of features with D390 at 60K more ( ABS, slipper clutch, better looking, more power, TFT and so much more)
NaveenKBorra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks