Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2015, 20:33   #106
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Mojo - First bike delivered in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
That not possible. My bike had 25 kms and the top speed was 45kmh only. Some one from the dealership might have ripped your bike for testing. I don't think this kind of testing is ever done on new bike. Who was the Dealer for your Mojo?
You do realise that the top-speed recorder can be reset right? Anyway my dealer was Alfa Motors, Domlur. I am not sure about the ripping part, but yes it shouldn't be like that.
Old 21st December 2015, 12:01   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjbmw2001 View Post
I believe that bike vins follow the same as the cars. Thus the below link is from this site for a Mahindra car. Perhaps it may help you to decode your mojo's vin?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...e-vin-131.html
Funny,

did you manage the decipher the VIN code for the Mojo? Would be great if you have and can share the information here.
Old 21st December 2015, 15:06   #108
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Took a short test ride of Mojo last evening.

I am not interested in the bike, had gone to check it out for a friend. Currently i ride 390 duke and been riding bullets earlier.

Initial impression: the mojo felt heavy and more so on the front side.

Sit on the bike and ergonomics is fairly upright. seat is comfortable, but pillion seat is tiny almost like dukes. Start the bike and two things come to mind. the exhaust note is sweet and the engine sounds smooth. Slot into 1st and accelerate and relative lack of power is felt. I say relative as i am used the 390, so in comparison. In isolation mojo is pretty swift. The weight and acceleration somewhat reminded me of my previous bike, the classic 500. Whats good is smooth, rev happy engine, very controlled vibes, fairly decent suspension, and am sure it would be a capable mile muncher. handling and maneuverability is good too for the size and weight. Brakes are adequate, but do have scope to improve. put on a pair of ordinary tyres and the shortcoming would be much more evident.
looks are subjective, personally i did not like the front as it reminded me of an owl with two round lamps and DRL as eyebrows. The side and back is nice and so is the twin exhaust. Looks like a big bike from rear. Powdercoating on the handle and engine case could be improved upon and stank side mahendra badge felt flimsy. a better wind protection would be an added advantage.

All in all a nice bike especially for distance riding, to me it felt like a well positioned proposal between a modern enfield and the edge-of-the-seat ktm.
nasirkaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2015, 17:36   #109
BHPian

Really well put thread here. Will be keeping my self updated to this post as I really wanna know how the Mojo behaves in the long run.

But, the bike looks promising and the front end looks sick. Hope you have a wonderful time with her and keep updating the thread.

Happy riding!
tanuj_afc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 18:42   #110
BHPian

The silencer scraping is very disappointing news, I'm waiting to take delivery, very confused right now- sounds pretty bad
Old 23rd December 2015, 11:41   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiJack View Post
The silencer scraping is very disappointing news, I'm waiting to take delivery, very confused right now- sounds pretty bad
The sliencer does not scrape directly. There is a strong metal guard on it that touches. However, the concern is more for the left side stand than the right silencer.
Dont be confused. Its a nice bike. It will pretty much satisfy you on most counts.
Old 23rd December 2015, 20:28   #112
BHPian

Congrats Jay for your new bike and I have to say it does look amazing.
I have being following your post and I want to find out how good the bike is for the long run.

I also in for a new bike. I'm 6'3 and currently driving a Honda Twister. I love my bike as I have had it for more than 4 years and I am not willing to let it go, so I want something bigger as a second bike. I have cut my options down to two. Either the Mahindra Mojo or the Kawasaki Ninja 250sl. Kawasaki Ninja 250sl is a quality product and I really think it will hit the market hard. But the pricing of the Mojo and the overall product is tempting me a lot.

So, should I go for the Mahindra Mojo or should I wait for the Kawasaki Ninja 250sl
Old 24th December 2015, 09:08   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanuj_afc View Post
Congrats Jay for your new bike and I have to say it does look amazing.
I have being following your post and I want to find out how good the bike is for the long run.

I also in for a new bike. I'm 6'3 and currently driving a Honda Twister. I love my bike as I have had it for more than 4 years and I am not willing to let it go, so I want something bigger as a second bike. I have cut my options down to two. Either the Mahindra Mojo or the Kawasaki Ninja 250sl. Kawasaki Ninja 250sl is a quality product and I really think it will hit the market hard. But the pricing of the Mojo and the overall product is tempting me a lot.

So, should I go for the Mahindra Mojo or should I wait for the Kawasaki Ninja 250sl
I dont know when the Kawasaki will be launched. If you are not in a hurry then wait and check it out so you have no regrets later.
The Mojo does have its positives and negatives that ive listed above. Test ride the bike and then take a call. Im sure for your 6,3" frame it will be surely very comfortable.
jaysmokesleaves is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 15:45   #114
BHPian

I test rode the bike yesterday and came out thoroughly impressed with it. The test mule was 5.6k Kms run and was due for a service, yet the bike was fairly responsive.The acceleration was brisk and the exhaust note had a lot of bass. I touched 80 in no time and the dampened handlebars surely made their presence felt.
However, the braking left a lot to be desired. I am not much of a rider but having Avenger 220 as my earlier ride , I surely know how bad brakes can dull your riding experience. I would prefer to wait for the ABS version.
The sales rep was affirmative on the fact that you can retrofit ABS even if you buy the current version. I am not too sure about it, could any of you confirm the same?
Old 6th January 2016, 20:47   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Negative observations:
I hear a knocking sound on idling rpm sometimes which comes and goes. Sounds like khad khad khad khad. I'm not sure what it is but will have it inspected. It does not feel like a cause for concern though since it comes intermittently.
Jay - do you have any updates on this knocking?Thanks.
My bike has done about 800 km and has this loud and erratic additional engine sound too.It begins after about a minute from starting the engine and was present in 2 of the 3 Mojos that were being readied for delivery when I was in the service station for an early oil & filter change @ 170 kms.Seems not to be an individual bike issue but possibly a generic, design issue.
Although the sound is clearer when the bike is on side-stand, it is also present when the bike is on the move at lower RPMs and even after an hour of riding.The erratic vibes can be felt at the handlebars too.
Old 6th January 2016, 20:59   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by citron View Post
My bike has done about 800 km and has this loud and erratic additional engine sound too.It begins after about a minute from starting the engine and was present in 2 of the 3 Mojos that were being readied for delivery when I was in the service station for an early oil & filter change @ 170 kms.Seems not to be an individual bike issue but possibly a generic, design issue.
Although the sound is clearer when the bike is on side-stand, it is also present when the bike is on the move at lower RPMs and even after an hour of riding.The erratic vibes can be felt at the handlebars too.
Can you tell me how does your bike behave when you are on a constant speed in the lower gears (1st/2nd/3rd)? does it jerk a little bit? similar to when you are running out of fuel feeling?
Old 6th January 2016, 21:15   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveear View Post
The sales rep was affirmative on the fact that you can retrofit ABS even if you buy the current version. I am not too sure about it, could any of you confirm the same?
Dont be too sure of that unless Mahindra officially announces such a technical thing as a retrofit of ABS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by citron View Post
I hear this sound only at idle mostly after riding it for a while. Yes its also audible when on the sidestand. Mahindra has offered to check the bike and diagnose, but I havnt had the time to take it in yet. I dont hear it while riding on any rpm.

I dont feel any erratic vibes on the handlebar. Infact no vibes on the handlebar at all. But I can feel it in the seat after riding nonstop at 90+ kph for 50+kms. Like a bum massage in a massage chair.
Old 6th January 2016, 21:44   #118
BHPian

Do you guys idle the bike for a minute before you start riding?
Old 6th January 2016, 22:14   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiJack View Post
Do you guys idle the bike for a minute before you start riding?
I do it everyday morning (cold starts). That's the time I utilize to wear my helmet and gloves. The duration varies from 30secs to 1min at max

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjbmw2001 View Post
Funny,

did you manage the decipher the VIN code for the Mojo? Would be great if you have and can share the information here.
Sorry for the late reply, I guess it's similar to Mahindra Car VINs. So I am referring this guide : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ml#post2249664
And my VIN decodes to November-2015. Which seems to be possible.
P.S: I might be wrong here..

If anyone has found any other way to decode it then please share

Last edited by bblost : 6th January 2016 at 23:26.
Funny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2016, 13:43   #120
BHPian

I recently went to the Mahindra showroom. The bike here in Indore will be launched on 15th January.
I don't know why Mahindra decided to hike prices even before launching it here.
The on road price which was quoted to me was 1,94,000 INR.

A bit steep IMO

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks