Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 16th September 2018, 12:06   #241
BHPian

Default Re: Ather Energy unveils the S340 Electric Scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanishphatak View Post
I did the test drive of Ather 450
One thing it feels difficult to accept is the annual subscription cost over 8 k. Which is a very expensive. Unless they include battery replacements too !
To compare the maintenance cost i own a Tata Storme
And annual maintenance average for the last 5 years is 10 k (per yr) which included the cost of 5 oil-changes, diesel filter changes, brake pad replacements, clutch replacement. Plus data charges for my navigation tab.
And people say Safari is costly to maintain !
But unlike in the Safari, Ather takes care of the fuel expense as well. Here fuel being the electricity. Even when you charge at home, it is reimbursed.
spd_tkt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2018, 14:27   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spd_tkt View Post
But unlike in the Safari, Ather takes care of the fuel expense as well. Here fuel being the electricity. Even when you charge at home, it is reimbursed.

I completely agree.

Again Fuel expenses is based on the usage. So it always debatable and doesn't justify the flat charges.

The customer who rides less his cost will be adjusted to the customer who is extensively using the bike.

And nobody gives anything for free in business. It always a calculated freebies in business.

Anyways I am happy that Team Ather is open to customers views which is great.
avanishphatak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2018, 08:49   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Bumped into this thread after more than a year.
I can sell Jupiter at around 8k (today's resale value for a 10 year old Activa) and also have my 60k in the mutual funds intact.
Well it's a personal choice,why would one buy a Tesla or Lamborghini when you can get a reliable Camry for several thousands dollars less. Also one may feel happy about not burning fossil fuel, however in India power generation is mostly by thermal plants. Nil pollution during commute is the biggest advantage of this bike
Chillout is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2018, 10:08   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Also one may feel happy about not burning fossil fuel, however in India power generation is mostly by thermal plants. Nil pollution during commute is the biggest advantage of this bike
Its true that power generation in India is mostly by thermal plants, but that is changing at a rapid pace. For the last 2 years, majority of new power plants are renewable (solar + wind). Many of the coal power plants are sitting idle because of cheaper power from the solar and wind plants. Plant load factor for coal plants reduced over the last few years.

States like Karnataka (12.7 GW), Andhra Pradesh (7 GW), Tamilnadu (11.5 GW) made tremendous progress on renewable energy addition over the last 3-4 years. Even states like Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh made good progress. Other states like UP, Odisha, Maharashtra, Gujarat also have many new plants in progress.

See below the renewable power share in Karnataka (45%) and AP (38%). These are on par or even better than many European countries and US states. All incremental power demand can be easily met with cheaper, clean renewable energy (solar and wind). Offshore wind also will be a great option for coastal states in future. Residential solar will be more economical choice option once the EVs are added into the usage.
Attached Images

sri_tesla is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 09:53   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

The listed price of both the 450 and 350 has been increased on the Ather website. Ather 450 price has increased from ₹1,24,750/- to ₹1,28,028/-.
When I see the breakup, it is clear that the insurance premium is the reason behind the total price increase of approximately ₹3,250/-. The total insurance premium is almost 7000 (6944 to be exact). But it is now a comprehensive cover for the 1st year plus 5years of third party damage coverage (according to the new Supreme court ruling).

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 447
Size:  25.1 KB
The breakup of the 450

Ather 340 price has increased to ₹1,13,023/-
Name:  Capture1 2.JPG
Views: 445
Size:  24.5 KB
The breakup of the 340
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 13:15   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanishphatak View Post
One thing it feels difficult to accept is the annual subscription cost over 8 k. Which is a very expensive.

If a huge SUV like Safari Storme's maintenance is around 10 k per yr then 8 + k for a two wheeler is too much to ask.
It should not be more Than 5k.
That 8k also includes the cost of electricity, equivalent to the fuel in your Storme. Now you can appreciate the 8k per year.
fordday is offline   Reply With Quote